Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? (8766 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / At Last You Can Make Money From Google (adsense) Even If You Are A Dummy Like Me / Nice Tool To Set Up Dummy Smtp Server For You Local Webservers (WAMP, XAMP, Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by iwantto(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2011
Just got this complaint concerning Yookos from some internet users in the US. I think the guys managing Yookos.com have resorted to spamming to grow the christian network. Pst Chris should quickly look into this before some serious court cases starts springing up!

Below is the exact complaint I received from my scam guide (scams.omavo.com) website:

26 August 2011 I received an email stating I had created an account under the name Theodora Eno-Obong. I have no clue who that is and had never heard of this site prior to the email notification. I quickly requested a password reset to be sent to my email so I could log onto to the site and delete the account. There is no way for the user to delete the account. There is no way to contact the admin or even find out who the admin is to contact them about deleting the account. I tried posting annoying rants and links in hopes of being booted. No such luck. The account is still active as of today 27 August. The admins have simply removed my ability to post.

I ran across two other account holders through the network who had been added the same way as I. As well, two of my friends have also been added to this network. All of whom have no way of deleting their accounts.

I have reported them to the FBI Internet Crimes division as well as their ISP provider SunGard. I found your site and decided to inform you as well. I'll keep spreading this message until my account is deleted or the site is taken down, whichever comes first.

--
D. ReneƩ Bagby
Building New Realms of Passion,
http://dreneebagby.com

Zenobia Renquist
Discover Different and Unique Romance
http://zenobiarenquist.com

Read other reviews posted for Yookos.com
http://scams.omavo.com/?p=49172
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2011
Madre de dios Mother of God. I hope they dont have security issues in their website - that can be used to shutdown the site permanently - by some annoyed hacker / developer.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
The same reason they were sent packing from twitter. Opening accounts for people without their permission.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
Interesting
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
tribulations and trials against the Man of God in the Temple of David - You will all fail grin the word of God must reach every nook and cranny of the known universe and if Spamming is going to do it - SO BE IT!!!
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by guru01(m): 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
tribulations and trials against the Man of God in the Temple of David - You will all fail Grin the word of God must reach every nook and cranny of the known universe and if Spamming is going to do it - SO BE IT!!!

SO BE IT!!
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Slyr0x: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2011
Tribulations against the man of God? ? I rily don't understand. Christ Embassy have been known over time for their preference of quantity over quality. By this I mean, why create multiple DUMMY accounts just to create that false charade that Christ Embassy has lotsa followers. Who does that?

If you're really concerned about touching lives, why not use bulk sms or send mails in bulk?

Why create an account without the owner's permission? That's wrong!

BTW OP, please refrain from using such titles again.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
dead wrong! santa lasgidi!
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by item: 12:43am On Aug 29, 2011
More issues here to deal with. But the Gospel must be preached.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Lokoyen(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2011
Its true i av same experience am not trying to destroy the image of anybody but truth is my brother own a cyber cafe and every night this guys comes to do all night browsing registering accounts for people on yookos and when i ask their team leader he said they have the target of 3500 accounts in 1week and they are to be paid 10,000 naira for the targeted accounts created.I was tempted to join them but they insisted i must join CEC b4 i can be given such job.What i dont understand is that dis guys will open ms-excel dat contains 1000s of people's names and email addresses.this wat dey use in registering the account.will open ms-excel dat contains 1000s of people's names and email addresses.this wat dey use in registering the account.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
anyone could have signed up with a random email address hoping to just login and see what its about
or someone filled in his email address when visiting the church.

but it's definitely unfair not to make provisions for users to opt out.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by vikich: 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
bad belle ppl
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by samosa: 12:25am On Sep 27, 2012
You see, most people just like to talk. Taking the issues those guys have mentioned, one after the other I want to say the accusation are baseless. 1. In yookos.com, you can deactivate your account if you want to. I use the site so I know what am saying. 2. Maybe it was a mix-up that caused the registration, but even if the email was used to register he should be happy getting to know the site. Instead of finding a way to delete his account, he should use it, cos the truth is the site was really built for people like him. 3. The other guy is bad mouthing because he was not allowed to join the team to register and make his own money. Now he is angry cos he couldn't get a part of this cash CE is dolling out. Anyway all am saying is that before you make any nasty comments do your research first before just talking. Even yookos admin does deactivate lots of accounts periodically if they are not active. So you see the goal isn't getting the number or getting the traffic but on getting the gospel to the peoples and nations of the world and demonstrate in them Gods character. Anyway I will say to you go and check out the site first before making conclusions. Goto www.yookos.com
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by pneumaticos(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
[quote author=samosa]You see, most people just like to talk. Taking the issues those guys have mentioned, one after the other I want to say the accusation are baseless. 1. In yookos.com, you can deactivate your account if you want to. I use the site so I know what am saying. 2. Maybe it was a mix-up that caused the registration, but even if the email was used to register he should be happy getting to know the site. Instead of finding a way to delete his account, he should use it, cos the truth is the site

bros we are on thesame side but i dont surpot the fact that a person would be registered without the persons consent..grassroot evangelism that result to self registration would have been the best....u can only disagree with me if there is a higher revelation regarding this act which u may shear here for others to know
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by samosa: 3:34am On Oct 01, 2012
[quote author=pneumaticos][/quote]

I don't disagree with that. And as a matter of fact that's what we do. As we go for our evangelism and follow up we talk about yookos.com, but most people don't know about the site yet and most of them are not internet enable to register themselves. Cos it will not be so easy for them to do the registration on a mobile platform. So what we do is to take their details and phone numbers and when we are done registering we send their account info to them on their mobile. So u see, if someone mistakenly gives us a wrong email. And we register the person, it isn't really our fault. But what am saying is this, why do people get offended so much about the gospel? Even amongst Christians. Even if there was a mix up and u finally saw a notification message from yookos.com, why make it an issue to deactivate the account. This same person that wants to deactivate an account on a christian social site, wouldn't do that, if it was a pono or jokes site that hacked his account and sent him this notifications. If it was business or something related to commerce he wouldn't find away to deactivate it instead he would use it. So what I'm saying is this, yes their might be some mix ups but. Its not enough to start shouting and ranting on Nairaland for. Anyway if anyone wants to deactivate his or her account, they can do that and stop ranting that they couldn't deactivate. The more they deactivate the more people that get along. Pls people visit: www.yookos.com and follow pastorchris @ www.yookos.com/pastorchrislive, and get inspiring quotes and prayers from pastor chris. Our network prayer days and time are; Monday,Wednesday and Friday(12noon and 10pm) respectively. Join Yookos today. You own the kosmos(world).
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by manmustwack: 12:33am On Dec 13, 2012
close your account,change all yr other acct passwords and hold yr breath.
Re: Yookos.com Creating Dummy Accounts? by mrperfect(m): 1:25am On Dec 13, 2012
It could be a mistake. As they have indicated, you can deactivate.

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Nigerian And US Verified Non Hosted Adsense Account / Easiest Ways On How To Drive Traffic To Your Blog / The New Google Ranking Factors For Websites And Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.