Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,943 members, 7,980,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:03 PM

2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) (566 Views)

2023: I May Emerge Consensus PDP Presidential Candidate — Peter Obi / Ali Modu Sheriff May Emerge As APC Consensus Candidate / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by Tunny2000(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
As the tenure of President Buhari winds down in less than six months from now, the race for the next President of the largest black nation in the world gets hotter day by day.

It is evident that the political gladiators in this historical political contest are well known politicians with impeccable records and large followers.

The condition that must be satisfied for the winner of this election is clearly spelt out in the constitution. Such a candidate must have not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

From a vintage point of view, it seems the major contestants in this election are the APC and PDP Presidential candidates. Atiku and Tinubu will surely get 25% in the 19 Northern States. Peter Obi will in my permutations get 25% in the South East, South South, North Central. The odds may favour the APC in the South West, North West and North Central.

Whichever the pendulum swings, I stand to be corrected. However, I do not foresee a rerun in this election.
Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by Obaofaba: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tell them but they will insult the hell out of you.

Obi must be on the ballot
Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by Mindcure: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Obaofaba:

APC

Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by gozmok1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
I remember vividly when I told you that aggrieved northern Christians are supporting Obi and G5 group you called me baby politician it's now obvious don't worry more are coming grin

Many factors working against Tinubu
*APC mismanagement of nation economy and high insecurity across the country, people can't travel by roads, or rail, cost of air transport is on highest price since the creation of this country travelling by air in 2015 from East to Lagos that was around 18k is now 90k, East to Abuja is now 70k, Land transport very expensive, every commodities increased to 300%, people are suffering, I doubt if you are in this country, Nigerians will aggressively vote out APC

* Muslim-Muslim ticket will affect his chances in Southwest, South-East, Middle Belt and Christians in far north who are going through a lot with insecurity
*Old age and fragile health will work against him

* Oluwale falsification of his identity and drug cases

Many bad factors working against him

Those around him are just milking him

Third position await Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by favor914: 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tunny2000:
As the tenure of President Buhari winds down in less than six months from now, the race for the next President of the largest black nation in the world gets hotter day by day.

It is evident that the political gladiators in this historical political contest are well known politicians with impeccable records and large followers.

The condition that must be satisfied for the winner of this election is clearly spelt out in the constitution. Such a candidate must have not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

From a vintage point of view, it seems the major contestants in this election are the APC and PDP Presidential candidates. Atiku and Tinubu will surely get 25% in the 19 Northern States. Peter Obi will in my permutations get 25% in the South East, South South, North Central. The odds may favour the APC in the South West, North West and North Central.

Whichever the pendulum swings, I stand to be corrected. However, I do not foresee a rerun in this election.
I could make good money on your analysis, sure bet APC & Tinubu will win, all the present hype is just for the excitement.

No honor amongst thieves, no way APC & President Buhari is handing over to any opposition party, they control the military & now the Supreme Court, they have no plans whatsoever of handing power over to Abubakar Atiku &

If not satisfied with the outcome of the elections, Pdp can go and report to the army and Supreme Court.
Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by favor914: 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
gozmok1:
I remember vividly when I told you that aggrieved northern Christians are supporting Obi and G5 group you called me baby politician it's now obvious don't worry more are coming grin

Many factors working against Tinubu
*APC mismanagement of nation economy and high insecurity across the country, people can't travel by roads, or rail, cost of air transport is on highest price since the creation of this country travelling by air in 2015 from East to Lagos that was around 18k is now 90k, East to Abuja is now 70k, Land transport very expensive, every commodities increased to 300%, people are suffering, I doubt if you are in this country, Nigerians will aggressively vote out APC

* Muslim-Muslim ticket will affect his chances in Southwest, South-East, Middle Belt and Christians in far north who are going through a lot with insecurity
*Old age and fragile health will work against him

* Oluwale falsification of his identity and drug cases

Many bad factors working against him

Those around him are just milking him

Third position await Tinubu
Supporting an Igbo candidate not from pdp, how can that be possible?
Re: 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion) by sonature1: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Obaofaba:

He is already, so keep your calm.

In the words of Kwankwanso, if you cannot get maximum votes in Kano, Lagos or Rivers, you are not in the race.

However, none of the three major candidates can get the overwhelming majority in all the three states. This means that a runoff is highly likely.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Bola Tinubu Interview With BBC / Strategy Of Attacking Igbos Whenever APC Supporter Is Attacked / This Is How Tinubu Supporters Reason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.