Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? (1573 Views)

Build Your Career In Your 20s And Marry In Your 30s - Wendy Williams / Girls Regretting Not Giving Their Phone Number To A Guy At The First Place / Would You Marry In Another Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2011
yes. lol

shes my wife to be so we wan sort things out cheesy
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2011

Nway stick to the thread.This we can discuss in the religious section but just know your assumptions are wrong.

back to thread pliz
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
ok. waiting for the challenge cheesy wink smiley
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by 5stardude: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
Ma'am adoption is not on the list. . I expected you to suggest "contract marriage" make babies and bounce
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
abeg una this is not a religious thread whats going on
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by 5stardude: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
And who said it is?
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
5stardude:

Ma'am adoption is not on the list. . I expected you to suggest "contract marriage" make babies and bounce

I got a better suggestion for you.Get her to sign the Prenup. I see nothing wrong with that.
I guees its one and the same thing ,isnt it?
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2011
in the uk here marriage institution is long dead and buried the new pikin is cohabitation and born pikin then bounce
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
All that matters nowadays is peace of mind not status.

But that jumping in and out has its own faults as well.

Whatever the case.have peace.
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by 5stardude: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
My point exactly. . Why the heck do I got to lie of being faithful till death with one woman for the rest of my life when I knw I can't keep that promise plus other craps that comes from marriage? Nah.

@pendo ma'am wake up to reality please. .

REALITY101% lol
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
My point exactly. . Why the heck do I got to lie of being faithful till death with one woman for the rest of my life when I knw I can't keep that promise plus other craps that comes from marriage? Nah. QUESTION
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
Russialane:

My point exactly. . Why the heck do I got to lie of being faithful till death with one woman for the rest of my life when I knw I can't keep that promise plus other craps that comes from marriage? Nah. QUESTION
Am as real as one can get.
I once opened a thread asking if the marriage vows 'for better or for worse are a fallacy'
If you ask me I would say yes.
Things have changed soo much and sometimes things hit rock bottom so are u gonna wake up singing for better or worse till death even when its staring at you in the face?
Trust me yeah the death will surely happen like in that story I read here on nl about some lady banker plus a similar one involving a journalist.
But since people put money first nowdays then to be on the safe side.Sign the prenup!
Infact that will cause somebody to behave a bit and its a good way of testing somebody's real love if either party is loaded!
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
@pendo89 if i were to marry you and i give you a prenup to sign would you sign it.
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
Russialane:

My point exactly. . Why the heck do I got to lie of being faithful till death with one woman for the rest of my life when I knw I can't keep that promise plus other craps that comes from marriage? Nah.         QUESTION

Then you have 3 options.

Do not marry
Sign prenup and be safe
keep on cohabiting.

While you are at the 3rd option,rem that age is catching up with you and sooner or later you may not be 'all that'
Its also expensive in the long run.Dont you think so?

Russialane:

@pendo89 if i were to marry you and i give you a prenup to sign would you sign it.

And why not? I would infact draft it! I have no issues with prenups.People are just too greedy nowadays
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
@pendo89 that prenup way you wan draft nothing for you inside hope you are aware
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Russialane(m): 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
i might even leave my properties for my mistresses will you sign?
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Tosinville(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
75% of Nigerian women will file for divorce the following day if their men lose their jobs today.
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by pendo89(f): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
Russialane:

@pendo89 that prenup way you wan draft nothing for you inside hope you are aware
Russialane:

i might even leave my properties for my mistresses will you sign?
Lets be clear here and this is just an example.
I dont meet a dude next thing is sign a pre and start living.Damn! I can only be a wife or single not mistress.
Prenups are mostly done by people that have wealth and want to safeguard it.
See,people come together with clear intentions but stuff happens and they go separate ways.
Then the battle for property begins.Now this is the kind of headache nobody wants to deal with.

For me to sign any prenup there must be something called marriage in the horizon. Not mistress.
That is too shallow.
Re: Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? by Mynd44: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2011
*Yawns*

(1) (2) (Reply)

:o / .. / Can You Let Your Friend Date Your Younger Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.