Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison (29496 Views)

Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video) / Bello Magaji: Nigerian Billions Diverted To Fund Private Universities In Uganda / Kano Varsity Offers Automatic Employment To 35 First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by 8stargeneral: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Good one....let him go there and cool off his head
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Tareq1105: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
nairalander2020:
This one no get God father them for don sweep the matter under the carpet.

His problem was that the contractor is stronger than him. The contractor was bitter and he couldn't refund every Kobo he collected from him.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Mosesmo6: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
kestolove95:
Hausa people to Don learn 419 from AfghanEastern people
tribalism has eaten too deep into ur system cool,crime has no tribe, know did and know peace.shioor

3 Likes

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Addme: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Great. If our judiciary can be upright, Nigeria surely will be great.
Though I think he will be spending just 7 years in all.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by jomarick(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yahoo VC grin
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Mindcure: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
kestolove95:
Hausa people to Don learn 419 from AfghanEastern people
I de tell you.

Just like afghan eastern people learn from the Drug Lord

1 Like

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Adejuwonhis(m): 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
What if he pays the fine
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by sacajawea: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
nairalander2020:
This one no get God father them for don sweep the matter under the carpet.
Yes, the matter is deeper than this Jare
Cos wetin happen? 35yrs

The matter deeep, na people wey dey inside go understand
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by onajo2000(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

Someone was found gulity to have stolen 3billion naira and sentence to 35 years on 5 count charges BUT was given 10million naira option of fine on each charges?

So all he have to do is pay 10 x 5 = 50million. And go scot free? shocked

Out of 3billion? Or was the money recovered?

Lawyer in the house. I am unlearned and confuse. Please help us.. What kind of thing is this?
Count 1-3 doesn't have fine attached to it so he must serve the jail term for that one

1 Like

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Satazaa: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

Someone was found gulity to have stolen 3billion naira and sentence to 35 years on 5 count charges BUT was given 10million naira option of fine on each charges?

Lawyer in the house. I am unlearned and confuse. Please help us.. What kind of thing is this?
quit the club for the dumb, where did the report talk about 3 billion which was just the value of a phony contract, what he is standing trial for is 100 million he obtained under false pretenses undecided
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Gandrova: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stupid judgement. Someone stole 3 billion naira and sentence to 35 years in prison with option of 50 million naira. Kangaroo judgement undecided
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by petermichaels(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
HE WILL NEED TO SAY THE MAGIC WORD......"APC" ...... AND BE SET FREE
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by BigIyanga: 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thortp:
N3 billion for fence? This one is even worse than the Bullion van master.

What will you do with such money for God's sake. Ahh

I sha know say "Nigeria will be free". Very soon
Na China Wall lol

1 Like

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by africanusvu(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Who come arrest him since IGP still de Kuje prisons
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by ofuonyebi: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
THIS CAN ONLY HAPPY IN THE ERA OF A PRESIDENT WHO FIGHTS CORRUPTION...QED
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by bizzibodi(m): 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
North sabi thief ooo!is Islam not against stealing?if it is Saudi Arabia he will surely be beheaded but the Sharia for Zamfara is fake....if not Sharia court would have cut off his 4limbs.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Sisora(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

the money was 100 million as bribery for a contract of 3 billion.

He collected 100 million from the contractor so that he'll award him the 3 billion contract.

Out of the 35 years, 7 years have no option of fine while the rest can be paid in fine.

1 Like

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by crixlight2(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

Do you read at all
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Lukuluku69(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

Bros, no be like that o. He obtained #100m and #150m in what they call kickback to award the #3b Contract.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by lhordspy: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Bros, no be like that o. He obtained #100m and #150m in what they call kickback to award the #3b Contract.

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by lhordspy: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sisora:
the money was 100 million as bribery for a contract of 3 billion.

He collected 100 million from the contractor so that he'll award him the 3 billion contract.

Out of the 35 years, 7 years have no option of fine while the rest can be paid in fine.

Thank you. Appreciate.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by ufuosman(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
MKe e cool off dere
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by zionstaar75: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Is this a joke?

Lawyers in the house. I am unlearned and confuse. Please help us.. What kind of thing is this?
is it that u can't read or don't understand English?he will spend at least 21 years in prison because its not running concurrently if he doesn't pay any fine 35years
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by Wickedfacts: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Before this one comes out, President Tinubu would be rounding up his Second Term.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by ogaemma: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
The judge would have sentenced him to death, because he will still not come out alive.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by janvier27(m): 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
The whole jail term should be without option of fine
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by sonofElElyon: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
politicoNG:
Alleged N260m Fraud: Court Sends Ex-Gusau Varsity VC, Prof. Garba to 35 Years in Prison

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02rqCDoMR18TbX5CNPiNPsPxdAcdXgbUyQ4A6u1rsE2h6vTLnpL8ffcvJxkvhJ5AzFl&id=100064596373289&mibextid=Nif5oz

He shouldn't pay any fine as all sentences run concurrently and he'll still have to spend 7 years for the sentences without option of fine...
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by maasoap(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
thesicilian:
I see him joining the APC before the trial begins.
And I see him being found not guilty.

Nonsense. I guess you forgot your brain somewhere before typing this. Is it not under APC he was charged and sentenced? Haven't we seen ex governors who joined APC and still went to prison for fraud?
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by benjaminlawson(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
unmask:
The plaintiff should be sentenced too. He offered bribe with the intent to get the contract without having to go through a competitive tender
I totally agreed with the above, the contractor should also be imprisoned, or have his licence withdrawn, because if he succeeded he would have denied other contractors fair bidden and also inflated the cost, that is why he too should be prosecuted. Human right organisations please over to you, because those that give and those that take bribe are all guilty.
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by thesicilian: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Erm, trial's over.
Lol. True
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by oladunjoye77u: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sentence seasonSentence season...
Re: Professor Magaji Garba Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison by thesicilian: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
maasoap:

Nonsense. I guess you forgot your brain somewhere before typing this. Is it not under APC he was charged and sentenced? Haven't we seen ex governors who joined APC and still went to prison for fraud?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Bans Cars Belonging To Students From Entering Campus / How I Emerged Best UTME Candidate With 360 Score - Umeh Nkechinyere / Emmanuel Nwosu: Rivers State University lecturer, harassing students Dressing

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.