Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,121 members, 7,880,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

"Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid (564 Views)

Fatherhood Is Boring – Kizz Daniel / Blessing Nkechi Shares Huge Cleavage Online Says Her Page is Boring. Photos / BBNaija: Juliet Ibrahim "Miracle Is Boring". See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by missbond007: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
The Afrobeats superstar granted 10+ an interview recently where he said that modern day rap is boring now. He even claimed Afrobeats is a superior sound to Rap. Excerpts......

“Afrobeats is the new pop. I sold two million copies in America off of one song! Even some American artists don’t have a diamond record. If I’m being honest, I don’t listen to any other genre of music anymore.

I don’t listen to rap – that sh#t is boring to me. It’s d£ad now, it’s tired. These guys do the same sh#t, rap on the same beats and the same flows.”
“No disrespect to nobody,” he says, laughing, before suddenly turning diplomatic. “I don’t have anything against rap or any other type of music. I have a lot of rappers as friends, like a lot. So I’m probably the wrong person to say this.”

http://www.fashiontigress.com/2022/12/tiger-moves-alert-wizkid-covers-10.html

Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by immortalcrown(m): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Person wey no fit afford Beer go claim say Beer dey bitter. Because you no get rap talenr, you wan underplay am.

The only style of music greater than rap is Reggae.

1 Like

Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
She tell me say is lively abi?

1 Like

Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by StagethemTVee: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
So Wiz is trying to tell Busta Rhymes that collaboration ain't happening?
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Teenwolf(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
To slap this boy dey hungry me, just saying rubbish
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by PerfectStranger(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
“She tell me say” wack album

1 Like

Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Solofresh2: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
This guy is now feeling too big,unfollowing people and saying rubbish everywhere
How much is he worth sef undecided
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Curious345: 3:48am On Dec 02, 2022
Mtcheeew ....see this one
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Fedrick100: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Rap (trap) is the new pop,they talk about reality and what we face in life not all this rubbish Afrobeat that glorifies girls and alcohol

I can’t even remember the last time I played wizkid whack songs on iTunes

1 Like

Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by IamDietiesGod: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2022
Lol. In Nigeria or whole world in general?. Is like this guy high on Jada p***y. How is rap music dead abeg. May be to you Mr Balogun.
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Faiththatworks(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
I totally agree with Wizkid,rap is very boring,infact very very boring.
I used to love rap music growing up,but I believe rap music died with Biggie and 2pac.
Biggie and Puff Daddy started the gradual death of rap music,Jayz put it in intensive Care unit when he started allowing all genres to collaborate on his rap Album,and Kanye West buried Rap music with his college Dropout Album.
It's hard for me to believe what Drake does is rap music,seems more like pop than Rap.
Wizkid is right,Afro-beats deserves to be given his place of honor in music,just like country music, reggae,pop,hip-hop are seen as genres of music,it's time for the whole world to officially Accord Afro-beats its place on the music stage.
Shout out to all the pioneers of Afro-beats and the new school who have taken it global.
Re: "Rap Is Boring"...... Wizkid by Zdr1: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2022
grin

(1) (Reply)

I Impregnated My Girlfriend When I Had No Money - Bella Shmurda Reveals / Bobrisky Gets Pranked And Almost Peed In His Pants. / 16th Headies Awards: Jeriq, Psycho Yp, Others Nominated For 'best Rap Single’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.