Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,693 members, 7,879,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery (17482 Views)

Southeast Records lowest in out of school in Nigeria Northwest Recorded Highes / Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Icarus99(f): 8:15am On Dec 03, 2022
Well that is because armed robbers sef Don get Santa Claus slot for Events

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Anunakeeh: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2022
MikeMicheal:
The issue is how will they escape after the bank robbery?
With unpredictable traffic holdup at every corner
in Lagos.

That is the major hinderance to bank robbery in lagos, maybe holdup is a blessing afterall.

Exactly.

Overpopulation In Lagos Is extremely alarming. The smallest state In the world filled with over 30million People.

Only a Mentally Deranged person will want to rob a bank In such a place Jamparked with people and vehicles everywhere.

The Worst place I have seen on earth. No good hygiene, everywhere will be smelling, roads are eyesore, Unspaced houses built to the main roads and still fenced to the brim, people Just lock themselves up on the roads and streets like Bees mtcheeeew.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by vicfajeze: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2022
Abdul05:
When you compare this to the rampant killing in anambra state then you will see that ..

Being an obidient is a disaster. .. grin cheesy

Obi is a huge failure. ... grin

Thank to tinubu anyway. ... grin
I love dat comment of yoûrs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:
If you like buy texcote or oil paint to paint soak away it is still a soak away.

Trying to use the media to paint Lagos safe will not stop the reality that crime rate is still high.

One thing I cannot argue with God how I wish instant karma just happens.

Maybe after your so called beautiful piece then you drive home and become a victim maybe you can call a spade what it is

Abeg shut up. IPOBian hater. Nobody is telling you Lagos is optimally safe or no crime at all exists in the State.

The point is that Lagos, in a very unsafe nation, is exemplarily safe. Her administrators, from Tinubu's era to now, need to be given credit for their sterling dedication to making Lagos safer despite population growth that is one of the fastest in the world!!!

Genuine lovers of Lagos, who know what obtained in the State before the advent of Tinubu, will give credit to him and his successors.

Only you haters will refuse to give credit and even attempt to denigrate Lagos while forgetting the reality of all the other States of Nigeria to include that you are from originally.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Ofunaofu: 8:18am On Dec 03, 2022
Abdul05:
When you compare this to the rampant killing in anambra state then you will see that ..

Being an obidient is a disaster. .. grin cheesy

Obi is a huge failure. ... grin

Thank to tinubu anyway. ... grin

When one read through the gibberish you just typed
The picture below which aptly describes your current state comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by MikeMicheal(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2022
Anunakeeh:

Exactly.

Overpopulation In Lagos Is extremely alarming. The smallest state In the world filled with over 30million People.

The Worst place I have seen on earth. No good hygiene, everywhere will be smelling, roads are eyesore, Unspaced houses built to the main roads and still fenced to the brim, people Just lock themselves up on the roads and streets like Bees mtcheeeew.

It will only get worse, because more people will keep coming in.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Abdul05: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2022
vicfajeze:
I love dat comment of yoûrs

grin cheesy cheesy thank you sir...God bless you
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by emerged01(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2022
Which road dem wan follow,everywhere na hold up.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2022
emerged01:
Which road dem wan follow,everywhere na hold up.

Choi. IPOBians can never run out of 'bad belle' excuses. Oya deny you are IPOBian.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by FUTURE20(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2022
Nobody needs a Gun to rob a bank at this time and Age.

Robbery is now highly digitalized.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2022
sunnysunny69:
No bank robbery in Lagos state for a year ?

YES mention anywhere it happened....I am not a fan of sanwo olu or apc as a whole but when a person is doing well then he should be praised.. same way if he messes up he should be condemned too.. coincidentally I was still discussing the issue of bank robbery in lagos yesterday with someone that it is been a while we heard of any bank robbery case in lagos compared to other states in Nigeria...and the person was like it is because many of the guys are doing something else to make money or probably engaging in another form of crime like yahoo. ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2022
Anunakeeh:

Exactly.

Only a Mentally Deranged person will want to rob a bank In such a place Jamparked with people and vehicles everywhere.

IPOBian painment. You don't have to live in Lagos na. Leave with your family and move back to Abia or Ebonyi today if you dare. Empty hater.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

If bank robbery is the indices for measuring security in a state, am.sure some states can boast of same.

Any person who wants rob a bank in lagos will think twice when he thinks of the traffic which will prevent an easy get away.

A few years ago, there was a bloody bank robbery in lekki. The robbers had to use speed boats as their getaway.

In all honesty, I don't think sanwo olu should take credit for that

Was there no traffic in lagos during the times when bank robbery had happened in lagos in the past?? Or the traffic issue just started in lagos?? Na wa ooo...una must always find something to say...Any part a governor is doing rubbish , we should condemn him...and any part he is doing well, we should praise him..it does not remove anything from us....na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by jconsulting(f): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2022
The governor of a state give account in his state and commend security apparatus for keeping Lagos safe , but some people that hated progress are not happy that Lagos is achieving greatness, children of perdition.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:29am On Dec 03, 2022
Killermamba:
. Who dey rob again, boys don enter kidnapping, yahoo and yahoo plus. Them substitute bank robberies for ritual killings and. Kidnapping check the statistics. Lagos or FG did nothing, Boys just change priority.

Some of una sabi talk rubbish...

Or maybe you people just like to see the truth and hide it for whatever selfish reasosn...Take it or leave it , lagos government are trying in terms of security ...there is still crime in lagos but it has reduced compared to before...and yeah crime happens everywhere in the world...but a serious government should be able to reduce it to an obvious point....and in terms of security..mention any major state/City in Nigeria that is presently secure like lagos state...I said major state..I did not say places like osogbo ooo

So who are those boys robbing in other states? Oh I guess this your comments applies to only lagos state boys?lol...una go just open mouth waaaaaa...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Tareq1105: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2022
aylive02:
grin

No place is safe. The media cannot cover everything that is happening. How do you trust a place you have thousands of agberos to be safe?

Are you aware that Onitsha agberos are more terrible and frightening?

Those Lagos agbero are registered with Parks and Garages headed by MC Oluomo. He gave them uniform for recognition. What is important is to know how to manage this category of Nigerians. If you put them in prison, na your problem be that. In fact, prison will get filled up. Many of them have been there severally, so it's not new to them. So, you need someone to massage their ego and give them sense of belonging while keeping serious watch on them. That's the summary of what MC Oluomo is doing. It would have been worst.

Do you know that if they snatch your bag in Oshodi and some other places, you can actually have your things back if you know how to look for it? You can actually report loss of your items to their Ogas and I tell you they will get those boys and you will have your things back.

Those agberos are contented hence they've not graduated to Bank robbery as we see in Onitsha and environ.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2022
Britishpea:

Crime rate is high in Lagos? Which Lagos?You don’t live in Lagos I believe! Lagos is damn safe.

Lagos is safe??

Please come to Oshodi and Walk carelessly. Come and show off in Ajegunle. No Waka Jeje for olowogbowo.

Lagos is one of the worst place to live in Nigeria.

I wish I could relocate to Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Faposky95: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2022
It's like energy...
You didn't create it so you can't destroy it....
It converts to others forms... that's all

The robbers ain't that dumb....
They use Guerilla style tactics.....
Kidnapping which seems to be a more subtle form.....
Agberoing......wat say you.....
Robbing cars legit....
They've upped their game......
As long as you receive our taxes
Up the bars and come tell us that we could walk around Doyin or Orile @7:30 with a black nylon bag...... without.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by emerged01(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2022
Dsalvo:

Choi. IPOBians can never run out of 'bad belle' excuses. Oya deny you are IPOBian.
Bro No let tribalism kill your sense of reasoning. Wetin concern my comment with tribalism?
Na your type dey make people from the other tribe dey look down on yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Was there no traffic in lagos during the times when bank robbery had happened in lagos in the past?? Or the traffic issue just started in lagos?? Na wa ooo...una must always find something to say...Any part a governor is doing rubbish , we should condemn him...and any part he is doing well, we should praise him..it does not remove anything from us....na wa ooo

Pls explain to me how the governor is doing well with regards bank robberies in Lagos?

Did I stop you from praising the governor? Did I stop you from hiring a band to go to his residence to sing his praises from night till day break?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Musauzor(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2022
Bank robbery is going down in Lagos State while ritual killings are on a geometric rise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:35am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Some of una sabi talk rubbish...

Or maybe you people just like to see the truth and hide it for whatever selfish reasosn...Take it or leave it , lagos government are trying in terms of security ...there is still crime in lagos but it has reduced compared to before...and yeah crime happens everywhere in the world...but a serious government should be able to reduce it to an obvious point....and in terms of security..mention any major state/City in Nigeria that is presently secure like lagos state...I said major state..I did not say places like osogbo ooo

So who are those boys robbing in other states? Oh I guess this your comments applies to only lagos state boys?lol...una go just open mouth waaaaaa...

Why shouldn't osogbo be mentioned? Why isn't it a "major state"?

What is your definition of a "major city/state"?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:37am On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Lagos is safe??

Please come to Oshodi and Walk carelessly. Come and show off in Ajegunle. No Waka Jeje for olowogbowo.

Lagos is one of the worst place to live in Nigeria.

I wish I could relocate to Ilorin.

Which oshodi?? Same oshodi?? You do not need to lie to prove a nonsense point....People like me lived and grew up in brown Street at oshodi , not far from bolade bus-stop....anyone who lived and grew up in oshodi will know that crime have totally reduced in oshodi compared to those days..now I see people walking around oshodi even at 10pm , walking under bridge street light and walking both in and out of the bridge and playing around..you see guys and ladies even almost kissing and playing with each other around the bridge. Who can try those things in oshodi of those days ? Even in the afternoon you will get robbed at oshodi , infact by 9pm sef dem know born you well to take out of your phone without getting robbed...the market nko?? You cannot even walk freely those days compared to now that there is now space for you to walk around the way you want...There are now arranged bus terminals compared to before.. wetin concern bus terminals with oshodi of those days,??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Solitechworld(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2022
Quintopia:
Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades

…Sanwo-Olu: ‘LSSTF model largely successful, its triumphs justify donors’ confidence'

https://encomium.ng/lagos-records-lowest-robbery-incidents-in-decades/

Lol... See lies .... The record of daily robbery cases in Lagos is second to none...

In Lagos presently , it is not safe to leave your house too ealry in the morning for work, you will be robbed at gun point.

I remembered vividly 3 or 4years ago when armed robbers came to Ikotun to rob banks... That day was like wwII.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Streetmovement(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

This is a political lie
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:38am On Dec 03, 2022
Dsalvo:
Awon "FG developed Lagos" crew, over to you now.

Shebi Federal Government is also responsible for how Lagos, comparative to others, is probably the safest State in Nigeria?

Well, you lot should explain why same mighty FG cannot secure the North, SE and Middlebelt. Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria.

Even his enemies, who are not sadist or self-destructive, know he is the best by far.

How is Lagos the safest state in Nigeria? How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:
If you like buy texcote or oil paint to paint soak away it is still a soak away.

Trying to use the media to paint Lagos safe will not stop the reality that crime rate is still high.

Maybe after your so called beautiful piece then you drive home and become a victim maybe you can call a spade what it is

Painment is real. You don't even want to hear good news lipsrsealed

Eko oni baje oo.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Omoapena(m): 8:39am On Dec 03, 2022
Britishpea:

Crime rate is high in Lagos? Which Lagos?You don’t live in Lagos I believe! Lagos is damn safe.

Wait,
Talking about crime, is it general crime or a particular crime like bank robbery they mentioned?

If its general crime then Lagos isn't safe.
Just a month ago, armed robbers robbed people in surulere, traffic robbers everywhere, even ikoyi we all thought looks safe isn't exclusive from their operation.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Why shouldn't osogbo be mentioned? Why isn't it a "major state"?

What is your definition of a "major city/state"?

Okay let's even mention the osogbo...in terms of security, is it not the same osogbo were fidelity bank at ogo-oluwa was robbed ??or we should talk about various ritual killings that happened at oke baale in osogbo Or the ones that happened at ile ife in osun state which includes the popular one where the owner of a big hotel was involved in ritual killings for several years and nothing happened until recently when he was caught,? Or the same osogbo where various shops close to osun mall was robbed ?? ..mind you I am from osun state myself...so I don't hate osun state as a whole.. I am just stating the obvious truth of things going on presently at the state...
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Danthemariner: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:

I believe it is God that protect one. Let me state this year before clearing my point.

Believe it or not
Lagos is the safest place in nigeria to live in.
No body is arguing with you

Look at all the state in Nigeria and tell me where else is safe than lagos
Safe for investment. Safe for citizens, safe for properties, safe for business.... Only God protect..
If other state have same security mind set like lagos then nigeria will be great...
Just look at the east and north
Common
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:

Political defenders everywhere.

Since you like bad news. Let me give you one.

Hoodlums have destroyed INEC office in Imo.

Are you happy now?

You know, there is no bank robbery in Lagos because the perpetrators are the obid.iots and they are busy chanting their Lord's name, the Lord of i.pob.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Which oshodi?? Same oshodi?? You do not need to lie to prove a nonsense point....People like me lived and grew up in brown Street at oshodi , not far from bolade bus-stop....anyone who lived and grew up in oshodi will know that crime have totally reduced in oshodi compared to those days..now I see people walking around oshodi even at 10pm , walking under bright street light and walking both in and out of the bridge and playing around..you see guys and ladies even almost kissing and playing with each other around the bridge. Who can try those things in oshodi of those days ? Even in the afternoon you will get robbed at oshodi , infact by 9pm sef dem know born you well to take out of your phone without getting robbed...the market nko?? You cannot even walk freely those days compared to now that there is now space for you to walk around the way you want...There are now arranged bus terminals compared to before.. wetin concern bus terminals with oshodi of those days,??

Me lie about Oshodi??

Na Ijesha I dey stay o.

I work at Gbagada, so I have first hand information about all these places. I see the mayhem those boys foster when I pass by. It's not a place you will feel safe.

A friend of mine was robbed at Mile 2 less than a month ago in the evening.

Bank robberies may have reduced but you can't deny the fact that the Menace of Agbero is making Lagos uninhabitable.

In terms of serenity and calmness, I would choose Ilorin over Lagos a million times. The people there are generally sane and it's not because we have lesser population there but it's just down to one thing - Agbero.

If LASG is doting on bank robberies, then kudos to them. But the crime rates on the streets is ,permit me to use Yoruba, Gbenutan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Begins Operation Still Waters In Lagos Ahead Of Election / INEC Rejects Sani Bello, Mamman As Chairman, Secretary Of APC CECPC / Wike: Atiku Warns Supporters Against Harmful Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.