Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,753 members, 7,965,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:44 PM

IGBO LAND ON FIRE, UMUADA IGBO ARE GETTING INVOLVED: GLOBAL EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO LAND ON FIRE, UMUADA IGBO ARE GETTING INVOLVED: GLOBAL EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY (171 Views)

UMUADA IGBO COMMUNIQUE REGARDING TERROR DESIGNATION ON BIAFRA AGITATORS / COVID-19: Taskforce Scatters Traditional Gattering Of Umuada (Video) / I Am Not Getting Involved In Kano Election – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IGBO LAND ON FIRE, UMUADA IGBO ARE GETTING INVOLVED: GLOBAL EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY by DeltaFire: 11:13am On Dec 03, 2022
IGBO LAND ON FIRE, UMUADA IGBO ARE GETTING INVOLVED: GLOBAL EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY

Yesterday my wife gave me a certain look and I jumped back, then she showed me a post in her phone Whatsapp about Umuada Igbo.

Truly, Igbo man have failed our families and our communities. Look at Igbo Nation scattered and in tatters. There is killing everywhere! Yoruba too are looking for their freedom from One-Nigeria but is their land on fire? No! Because they do not have a mad man who from abroad commanded his fetish and f00lish gang to kill soldiers and police, deceiving them and thereby bringing the Fulani-govt’s military into Igbo land. So we are facing a whole basket of problems.
~ Fulani herdsmen abi Fulani terrorists
~ IPOB/ESN/UGM violence
~ Very poor internet network
~ Very poor roads
~ Very poor infrastructure
~ Very high food costs
~ POVERTY!

Now our women as Umuada Igba have come out to help our Igbo Nation, and their children.

Although the 1929 Aba Women's Protest (or Women's War) was not just Igbo women, there were also women from Ibibio, Andoni, Ogoni, Efik, and Ijaw, I take this information from Wikipedia:

The Women's War, or Aba Women's Protest, was a period of unrest in colonial Nigeria over November 1929. The protests broke out when thousands of Igbo women from the Bende District, Umuahia and other places in eastern Nigeria traveled to the town of Oloko to protest against the Warrant Chiefs, whom they accused of restricting the role of women in the government. The protest encompassed women from six ethnic groups (Igbo, Ibibio, Andoni, Ogoni, Efik, and Ijaw).

It was organised and led by the rural women of Owerri and Calabar provinces. The modus operandi of the protests involved 'sit-in' by the women. During the events, many Warrant Chiefs were forced to resign and 16 Native Courts were attacked, most of which were destroyed. It was the first major revolt by women in West Africa.

For more about the Women’s War, here is the link to Wikipedia source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_War

In 1929 our women revolted against injustice and oppression. The take away is that our women of South East and South South today can also protest what is happening right across our Region. The Umuada Igbo Global Emergency Assembly is therefore a very welcome development.

Re: IGBO LAND ON FIRE, UMUADA IGBO ARE GETTING INVOLVED: GLOBAL EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY by OTBA: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2022
Any effort to stop the killings in igboland is welcome.

(1) (Reply)

I Am The David Of MBAIKE – Akarachi Amadi Dismiss Those Criticizing His Age / Ihedioha Vs Samdaddy: Crisis Engulfs Mbaitoli PDP As Chairman, Leader Sacked / 2023 Election: List Of Presidential Candidates And Their Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.