Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' (53210 Views)

Would You Sell The Land Where Your Parents Were Buried? / Baby crawls out of the house to the highway while parents were fast asleep / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by ultimateprof: 11:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
Based on the people who defined human being as an animal, this is true example of an animal. Her biological parents are animals in human flesh. They just use their animanisous desire to spoil this woman reggae!

So sorry for her!

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by happykidArotiba(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, I would have done more than what she did. I don't care about your relationship with me, wether you're my parents or whatever and you did injustice to me, don't fvcking think I'm gonna just sober up and give you flowers and let the past be past without lashing out and display my annoyance. No!!!

Dude, you keep showing how insensitive of a person you are. You expected her to go there to sober and weep like a fvcking 3-year-old child with no consciousness of emotional pain? You're the type that your relative will rape your child and still let it pass. Disgusting!

I'm done engaging with you.

Goodbye!
Mr man, u are wrong!
Calm down and reason

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Dextre(m): 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

It was exactly what a family should be like. And yet this was surely the most repulsive family on earth.

A true targayrean
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by BarrElChapo(m): 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2022
Touching
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by observanc1: 2:30am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:

Incest isn't common now but have been with us as early as biblical times...

The first incestuous relationship recorded in the bible was immediately after the great flood; Noah and his daughters.

So incest isn't a new thing in the history of mankind.

What we supposed to be talking now is "will you join the rest of the world to stereotype a fellow human being born out from incestuous relationship"
anything bible is bunkum. Shakespeare stories are more authentic than biblical ones.
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by smart177: 3:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:

The first incestuous relationship recorded in the bible was immediately after the great flood; Noah and his daughters.

What we supposed to be talking now is "will you join the rest of the world to stereotype a fellow human being born out from incestuous relationship"
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by smart177: 3:50am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:

Noah i think lot after the destruction of sodom and gomorrah!

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Hopebringer: 5:01am On Dec 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Her birth mother only wanted to see her just to have that memory till she dies. She was never interested in being in her life.

Also, how dare you blame her for reacting harsh to her mother? Do you know what it feels to be abandoned by your mother at birth? Do you know what it feels to learn that you're a product of incest? Do you know what it feels to have many questions but still couldn't ask when you have the chance? Do you know the psychological and emotional impact of her story on her?

Her decisions has made her a successful woman already. There's no need for future tense.

You are a talkative

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by albert2512: 5:57am On Dec 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Her birth mother only wanted to see her just to have that memory till she dies. She was never interested in being in her life.

Also, how dare you blame her for reacting harsh to her mother? Do you know what it feels to be abandoned by your mother at birth? Do you know what it feels to learn that you're a product of incest? Do you know what it feels to have many questions but still couldn't ask when you have the chance? Do you know the psychological and emotional impact of her story on her?

Her decisions has made her a successful woman already. There's no need for future tense.

Make una dey calm down. The guy was just speaking his mind WC is fine. U have a strong point but picking querrel over someone's opinion is not logical to me( my opinion too).

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by nairamaniac: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:
Such an engaging story...

But I don't think her birth mother will wanna see her again

She just flippantly blew the chance away by trying to cause more injury to the woman who was looking to heal.

Anyway, all these her decision will make her a strong woman in life.
of what use is strength when sad?

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Ivimmanuel: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2022
She is a very strong and cautious woman. Others would probably have babies before discovering she is an inbreed. She really took pity on the children she'd never have. Strong woman.

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by chidiwar(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:

Sounding like a product of incest .
Which ever way, it shouldn't be welcomed and be treated with utmost disgust.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Touching story. But no matter how miserable a person's story is once intercepted by the love story of Christ, transformation happens. But our dear advanced people that brought us the Good news are becoming increasingly post Christian and increasingly more secular. What if she brought God on the scene and not advice and opinions of equally confused companions in more need of help than she do. Uncle Job's story comes to mind and more recently Joyce Meyer but the difference was God above our life stories
OLAADEGBU:

It was exactly what a family should be like. And yet this was surely the most repulsive family on earth.

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by maasoap(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2022
Emperormartin:
That you're saying you'll do same thing is simply answering fire with fire...

Now tell me why was she looking for her original parents in the first place

To throw them their shit in their faceC'mon

If that's her sole reason then she's not ready for reunion. Reunion isn't fire for fire.

There are ways to talk to people that have erred heinously and I'm sorry to say that lady didn't exhibit it in the first meeting with her mom.

NB: I'm not in any way justifying the mother's incestuous deeds

Her mother knew what was coming and exactly how her daughter would react. Like Mufasa said, the mother achieved her aim (to see her) and disappeared again. It didn't matter how the daughter reacted, she would still disappear. Don't tell me that her mother was expecting hug from her.

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by maasoap(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2022
chidiwar:

Which ever way, it shouldn't be welcomed and be treated with utmost disgust. [color=#990000][/color]

Una don come with your foolish reactions to someone's posts.
And again, the person you quoted was talking about the product of incestuous relationships because they are victims already. Not advocating.

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Bimpe29: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2022
What a pathetic story and great lesson about life, secret distress and decision!

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by donem: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2022
eyinjuege:
The never did a DNA test though. The Greek looking guy could've been her father.
She looked like her mother, so automatically would look like her uncle who also had her mother's physical features, and not necessarily because he's her father
Truth very thoughtful of you here, but I guess DNA wasn't in Vogue then.

However the parents let sentiment of incest guilt, becloud their sense of judgement.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by drimzsmoke(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Somebody should Summarize in 10 sentences.

Things dey happen for this life.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which "things" be that?!?!?!
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by VEHINTOLAR: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2022
Hmm,what a story ! She hated herself for so long and deprived herself of the love,peace and joy made available to her by Jehovah God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The lesson therein for us all is;God will never judge or forsake us in spite of all our flaws and imperfections. Therefore, if God will never judge or blame us for any of our imperfections as humans,why should we judge or blame ourselves or anybody for the situation we find ourselves in ? Madam Teresa,though a product of sinful incest,and even her biological parents are genuinely loved and cared for by our Lord Jesus Christ ! It's heartwarming that she finally finds the courage to tell her story,love herself and forgive her biological parents.
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by chemla: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2022
What an interesting story but so sad...
A Nigerian lady will surely marry

2 Likes

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by benjanny(m): 10:04am On Dec 04, 2022
I read this story till the end.

This lady pass a lot and she doesn't wanna have a child or get married due to the way she was brought into this world.

Am still feeling sorry for her
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Munzy14(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2022
Few minutes of pleasure changed a lady's Destiny for life..

She should have given love a real chance. undecided

She can still have kids with a man of dream without deformities.

I don't want to imagine how her boyfriend whom she rejected his marriage proposal will feel getting to know the real reasons why he was rejected.

She no try at all.

You can find love, marry and adopt. She denied herself a lot due to anger burning inside of her..
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by titusmichael27(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

SKhanmi,

Would you have married her if you knew the truth about how she was conceived and born?
There is a lesson to pick here. No matter what happened to you, always remember to "keep it down" . The stress in life is always going to be there in different colours, but always remember to keep them down. When you decide to carry it always, no matter the weight, you'll be paralyzed, and you won't be able to do anything with that hand until you keep it down. The lady here is not having any problem with where and how she came to this world, but how she allowed it to paralyzed her and deny her the opportunity of having kids.

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Greenfaces: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
I think she could have adopted a kid if she wanted though
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Emperormartin(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
chidiwar:

Which ever way, it shouldn't be welcomed and be treated with utmost disgust.[color=#990000][/color]
You're still in the stone age. But unfortunately, the world has left people with kind of your thinking behind...

FYI I'm not a product of incest but only hammering on stereotyping.

If that lady was born in your community here in Nigeria, she might not live this long on earth because the kind of your person might have "killed" her with your innate stereotyping.
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by Mordecai(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2022
MufasaLion:
A sad history but I'm glad she channeled her disgust and anger into her passion and excel in life. People should learn to understand and respect other people's decision and choice of life. Some would have turned against her wish of not marrying or having a baby. I'm proud of her.

Incest is very common all over the world now and many have married their mother, daughter, father, grandma, grandfather etc intentionally and willingly. Most times, they relocate to another location where they are unknown and live till they die. And some will stay back in their abode (where they are known) and never make it known that they're into it.

You have always appeared to ask people to respect individual choices. Yet you have no problem with individuals disrespecting shared communal and/societal values.

There is a saying - if a person cooks for the community, they'll finish the feast, for sure. But if the community cooks for him, does he stand a chance?

Grow up. Wise up. If not for communal values, a hungry person would have eaten you when you were a baby.
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by HelpYourself(m): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2022
lalalista:
Why so long a story? Anyway, na you no wan born

Just replied your DM

Apologies for the delayed response.

My time is truly overwhelmed with work

Thank you

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12am On Dec 06, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Somebody should Summarize in 10 sentences.

Things dey happen for this life.

Wetin Musa no go see for gate? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by SKhanmi: 2:49am On Dec 07, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

SKhanmi,

Would you have married her if you knew the truth about how she was conceived and born?

Let me do you one better or help your rephrase what you really mean.

All products of rape and incest do not deserve to marry someone who really loves. They should be sterilized right? Are you happy now?
Re: 'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' by AlphaTaikun: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
SKhanmi:

Let me do you one better or help your rephrase what you really mean.

All products of rape and incest do not deserve to marry someone who really loves. They should be sterilized right? Are you happy now?
How's it going?

You misread the context of my entire post @SKhanmi.

You didn't have to rephrase my direct question to you. That's NOT what I meant. Lol...

I simply asked you a DIRECT question because I wanted to know "if you would have married her when she was much younger" based on our knowledge of how she was conceived... "I would, because she spoke the truth, and I find that truth in the midst of her emotional turmoil very attractive. Besides, the parents who adopted her raised her well from childhood, and gave her a good education."

Just to be clear, in my first post on this thread, I stated my profound support for her, and her story gave me deeper insights as to the fact that people who were born under her kind of circumstance have emotional needs and desire for love just like the rest of mankind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Missing Mrs Rose Okolie Found (Updated) / Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.