Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 (42174 Views)

Netherlands Vs Argentina FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 4) pens On 9th Dec 2022 / Ecuador Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 29th Nov 2022 / Qatar Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 3) On 25th Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by nicestguy1: 12:11am On Dec 05, 2022
Omooba77:
England vs Senegal December 4, 2022 8pm

Senegal made it out of the 2022 World Cup group stage with two successive wins and now hope to go deep into the tournament.

Aliou Cisse's men lost to the Netherlands in their campaign opener in Group A but came back strongly to beat hosts Qatar 3-1 and Ecuador 2-1.

Senegal now face England in the round of 16 with the latter making it out of Group B as leaders.

The sturdy centre back is the skipper of Senegal and is a true leader of his pride of lions.

He is the mainstay in Senegal's defence and a lot will rest on his shoulders when Aliou Cisse's men take on England. His battle with Harry Kane will be one to savour and it will be interesting to watch if he can keep the explosive Tottenham forward in check.

Koulibaly also got a crucial goal against Ecuador, which was his first-ever for his country and could not have come at a better time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQHii_7KPJA
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Napata77: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2022
paradigmshift:
oga quiet e...na Portugal use una clean ground for friendlies

Use your damn head. That was a meaningless friendly from the Eagles' standpoint, played against a world cup bound team whose players were fighting for starting positions in Qatar.

You cannot fake motivation levels.

1 Like

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 12:20am On Dec 05, 2022
Senegal lost this game.

Before the tournament began, it was looking like Senegal could make it to the knockouts and face England. Lots of people predicted this fixture but it never looked like Senegal was going to get past them. Honestly, i didn't see how they could move ahead of English. Come to think of it, people predicted Senegal and Holland to progress to round two, but i was in favour of Ecuador and Holland, I was surprised when they won Ecuador.

Excuse me, let me tell you this, no African country will do better than what Senegal did today not Cameroon, not Ghana, not even Morocco or the Nigerian team (that didn't qualify yet their fans are insulting their counterparts that qualified all the way to RO16 for that matter ) So stop saying this or that team would've done better against England. Those teams you felt will do better might even put up a worse display than this.

African football needs to improve. It's about time honestly.

4 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Napata77: 12:23am On Dec 05, 2022
oluwasunkanmi97:
Senegal lost this game.

Before the tournament began, it was looking like Senegal could make it to the knockouts and face England. Lots of people predicted this fixture but it never looked like Senegal was going to get past them. Honestly, i didn't see how they could move ahead of English. Come to think of it, people predicted Senegal and Holland to progress to round two, but i was in favour of Ecuador and Holland, I was surprised when they won Ecuador.

Although there is still room for improvement, there are lots of things African teams need to know about football and again, they should try to develop their local leagues.

Excuse me, let me tell you this, no African country will do better than what Senegal did today not Cameroon, not Ghana, not even Morocco or the Nigerian team (that didn't qualify yet their fans are insulting their counterparts that qualified all the way to RO16 for that matter ) So stop saying this or that team would've done better against England. Those teams you felt will do better might even put up a worse display than this.

African football needs to improve. It's about time honestly.

You're talking RUBBISH. That England team was very beatable, and Senegal nearly scored twice in a 1st half they dominated, which would have changed the complexion of the game. They badly missed Mane.

Cameroon could have beaten England. Morocco too can beat them.

What is REALLY needed in that world cup is FAIR REPRESENTATION.

Europe can afford to have Italy out (from qualification stage), Germany out, Belgium out, Croatia out, Serbia out, Poland out, Switzerland out etc, ALL 1ST ROUND EXITS, but still pose a threat via England or Spain or Holland. Because they have 14 or so countries there, while Africa has 5.

Then when one of the 5 African teams gets beaten, it's ''OH AFRICA this, OH AFRICA that''.

Spare us that bullshiit.

If in addition to those 5 nations, we had Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, and Mali in Qatar, who is to say that one of them will not reach semi-final or final?

14 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by LOVEGINO(m): 12:30am On Dec 05, 2022
Rayd502:
This is embarrassing.
I shame.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by mass24: 12:30am On Dec 05, 2022
France vs Poland: 3-1 Highlights | FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sxLh72r0ks
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 05, 2022
cry
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 12:43am On Dec 05, 2022
Napata77:

You're talking RUBBISH.

Europe can afford to have Italy out (from qualification stage), Germany out, Denmark out, Poland out, Switzerland out etc, but still pose a threat via England or Spain or Holland. Because they have 18 or so countries there, while Africa has 5.

Then when one of the 5 African teams gets beaten, it's ''OH AFRICA this, OH AFRICA that''.

Spare us that bullshiit.

If in addition to those 5 nations, we had Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, and Mali in Qatar,who is to say that one of them will not reach semi-final or final?

So you are trying to say that if FIFA gave Africa higher slots they could have done better ??. Well that's another angle to look at

But what will you now say about the South Americans who get equal slots with Africans even less attimes yet they have a better record at the Mundial than the African teams.

4 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Napata77: 12:51am On Dec 05, 2022
oluwasunkanmi97:

So you are trying to say that if FIFA gave Africa higher slots they could have done better ??. Well that's another angle to look at

But what will you now say about the South Americans who get equal slots with Africans even less attimes yet they have a better record at the Mundial than the African teams.

There are only 12 countries in South America, out of which 6 can go to the World Cup.

Europe has 44 countries of which 14 can play.

Africa has 54 countries, out of which 5 are allowed.

HOW IS THAT FAIR?

South America and Europe are well and proportionately represented at the world cup.

Africa? Nahh...not by a long shot.

7 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 12:58am On Dec 05, 2022
Napata77:

There are only 12 countries in South America, out of which 6 can go to the World Cup.

Africa has 54 countries, out of which 5 are allowed.

HOW IS THAT FAIR?

South America and Europe are well and proportionately represented at the world cup.

Africa? Nahh...not by a long shot.

Okay, by this logic what do you say about Asia with the same amount of nations but only 4 are allowed ? (Qatar as host made it 5) and Oceania that hardly ever qualifies

But really, if every continent should have equal representation that would be nice to see, but some countries will be used to statpad especially those Oceania nations.

But imagine allowing 5 teams from all 6 continents and the remaining 2 teams will be determined through playoffs or their respective FIFA Rankings. That would be quite something.

Well since they are expanding it to 48 teams next edition, it will be easier just 8 from each side but of course, not anytime soon, maybe in the future they might reconsider this.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Napata77: 1:15am On Dec 05, 2022
oluwasunkanmi97:

Okay, by this logic what do you say about Asia with the same amount of nations but only 4 are allowed ? (Qatar as host made it 5) and Oceania that hardly ever qualifies

But really, if every continent should have equal representation that would be nice to see, but some countries will be used to statpad especially those Oceania nations.

But imagine allowing 5 teams from all 6 continents and the remaining 2 will be determined through playoffs or whatever. That would be quite something.

Well since they are expanding it to 48 teams next edition, it will be easier just 8 from each side but of course, not anytime soon, maybe in the future they might reconsider this.

Asia is far behind Africa in soccer.

I can't think of any Asian country outside South Korea and Japan that has anything resembling a decent team.

We're not going to flood the world cup with the likes of Vietnam and Mongolia, just to get fair representation.

Asia has fair representation given the level of football development on that continent.

It's even an insult to Africa that Asia has 4 representatives.

5 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by nnamdi640: 1:21am On Dec 05, 2022
I said it that playing some European countries nowadays is like playing a team with several nations, that is why lifting world cup has been their hobby for the last 20years. Before Brazil and Argentina will lift world cup again, it will take the grace of God. The highest Brazil and Argentina will get to is semi-final. Senegal played with a team of several nations.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Ilamina(f): 2:25am On Dec 05, 2022
Senegalese team were so goodlooking

Hot black men

Sucks they lost

1 Like

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Kayouzka(m): 2:40am On Dec 05, 2022
What happened to African team this year

Anyways

*Half plot of land for sale in ikorodu*

Location; eyita ojokoro ikorodu Lagos Nigeria, very close to major areas in ikorodu like ikorodu garage, sabo market, banks and malls

Documents; deed of conveyance and receipt

Price; 2.5m negotiable

Note; land is a bit wet but very close to the main road and in a built up environment.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by ify2016: 4:33am On Dec 05, 2022
nnamdi640:
I said it that playing some European countries nowadays is like playing a team with several nations, that is why lifting world cup has been their hobby for the last 20years. Before Brazil and Argentina will lift world cup again, it will take the grace of God. The highest Brazil and Argentina will get to is semi-final. Senegal played with a team of several nations.
And you think England will go beyond Quarter final ? France will send them home. Brazil is the winner of this year's tournament.England is next team to cry.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by FireUpNow(m): 4:36am On Dec 05, 2022
Emu4life:
See how Senegal dey dizgrace us. Chai
you even dey talk, Naija nor qualify and you sit down there dey say Senegal dey disgrace us. Na Naija be the biggest dishrace

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by sharpwriter(m): 4:52am On Dec 05, 2022
Napata77:

You're talking RUBBISH. That England team was very beatable, and Senegal nearly scored twice in a 1st half they dominated, which would have changed the complexion of the game. They badly missed Mane.

Cameroon could have beaten England. Morocco too can beat them.

Europe can afford to have Italy out (from qualification stage), Germany out, Belgium out, Croatia out, Serbia out, Poland out, Switzerland out etc, ALL 1ST ROUND EXITS, but still pose a threat via England or Spain or Holland. Because they have 14 or so countries there, while Africa has 5.

Spare us that bullshiit.

If in addition to those 5 nations, we had Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, and Mali in Qatar, who is to say that one of them will not reach semi-final or final?

This makes sense... You get sense bàbá. Not many ranting on this thread has thought of this. You see why we slow develop, we no dey tink deeply.

1 Like

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by izicooo(f): 5:06am On Dec 05, 2022
Sadio Mane should be ashamed of himself. He claims he has an injury, can he claim to be injured if his club was to play a ucl final?
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by SaLongs1(m): 5:51am On Dec 05, 2022
dazzlingd:

Blacks forgive and forget which is very foolish, if u look back at the way the whites treated blacks, the black nation would hve joined forces to ensure they revenge even if it takes 1000 years. You have every reason as a black to hate the whites
What about black on black slavery and Arab on black slavery, if you are to hate all who you think have done you wrong then you will have nothing else to do but hate everyone.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by caprini1: 6:14am On Dec 05, 2022
CBR100:

islamaphobia dey worry you, asuming all the gulf countries are poor and corrupt lyk nigeria u would have attribute it to islam Buh no.....dey are moving up the ladder
at least u dey feel Qatar world cup

my question to you is does sharia law limit corruption yes/no ?? simple
Sharia laws lowers corruption from peasants and not from the elites in the gulf and Arab regions.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Malcolm123: 6:24am On Dec 05, 2022
caprini1:
Sharia laws lowers corruption from peasants and not from the elites in the gulf and Arab regions.

at least it lower it (and peasant are the majority of any country)

Buh here in nigeria nah gross corruption everyevery corrupt

1 Like

Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by caprini1: 6:30am On Dec 05, 2022
Malcolm123:

at least it lower it (and peasant are the majority of any country)

Buh here in nigeria nah gross corruption everyevery corrupt
Nigeria is irredeemable, Something like a Thanos treatment from the movie ,Avengers infinity war and End game,is the only solution.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by FiremanX: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2022
franchasng:
That's true but they lack finishing most times.

North African countries would have been the rescue for Africa in many ways if not for Islam
But they are Islamic country and still 1000 times better than core black nation's, what you are saying doesn't make any iota of sense.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by excel101(m): 7:26am On Dec 05, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Too easy for England
You're very right "Igbo smoker"
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Harmattan123(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2022
Miracood2:
Goodbye Senegal.
Welcome Senegal
Home sweet home
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by xynerise: 7:43am On Dec 05, 2022
MARKETfund:

Baba antelope are you still alive or is someone impersonating you? grin grin

All through my sabbatical leave from NL since Bubu ascended the throne I've done nothing but to think of you especially during the covid19 grin grin
grin grin
I thought you had covid ? grin
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by opera1(m): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2022
You people finally use mouth to finish Senegal.

"Is coming home", "bringing early Glory is coming to Africa ".

Senegal 2-0 England even before the game

Football is not by mere mouth.
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Cheeryfeet: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
I'm from UK bro
Suddenly you are from UK, so why are you drinking paracetamol for us now? �
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Dalla123: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
the guy wan tear your yansh for you grin grin grin

I don't know what is next step. I cleared 3 crowns tiles, cleared 3 pans. But don't know how to clear next tiles. I wanna win, I wanna get perfect ending. But failed. On my god. how it is difficult. free.sheep.ng
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by funshint(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2022
Senegal without Sadio Mane is like garri without sugar...ask Liverpoolgrin
Re: England Vs Senegal : FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (3 - 0) On 4th December 2022 by Emperormartin(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Have you seen the Sudanese,especially South Sudanese ?
Lol... I know they're equally dark but I was referring to West Africa in my original post

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor / Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / FCB Femeni Tweet In Igbo Language, Asisat Oshoala Responds (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.