Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,047 members, 7,970,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:08 AM

Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria (288 Views)

Who Among APC And PDP Politicians Can Decamp And Still Make Wave Like Peter Obi? / A Wise Person Cant See These And Still Make The Same Mistake. (picture) / Senate Tells Yahoo Boys To Use Their Talents Legitimately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by coputa(m): 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
I am prompted to ask this question, because of the high rate of crime and dishonesty among Nigerians in the quest to make it financially especially among the youths.
If you take a cursory look around, you will see a lot of people living big, without any visible means that reflects their wealth.
On the other hands,those hustling legitimately,are not valued as they are paid peanuts,while living from hand to mouth.The system does not reward hardwork and honestly.So,i am prompted to ask,can someone still make legitimately in Nigeria like in the 80s and 90s.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by Satguru: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
coputa:
I am prompted to ask this question, because of the high rate of crime and dishonesty among Nigerians in the quest to make it financially especially among the youths.
If you take a cursory look around, you will see a lot of people living big, without any visible means that reflects their wealth.
On the other hands,those hustling legitimately,are not valued as they are paid peanuts,while living from hand to mouth.The system does not reward hardwork and honestly.So,i am prompted to ask,can someone still make legitimately in Nigeria like in the 80s and 90s.
It's because of the bad government. Pls look for you PVC and do the right tin comes February.

1 Like

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by OneCandleAway(f): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
coputa:

I was talking to someone recently and the person said he had a discussion with a female who was like with the way the economy is, she doesn't even care what her partner does for money. Even parents don't care. Just bring the money home.

Shows how low we've sank in morals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by Doctorstraight: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
Maybe but I think it's extremely hard, plus even at that, your level of making it might never reach that of the criminals .

Unfortunately Nigeria is in a very very sorry state.
Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by ganisucks(f): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2022
coputa:

It depends. Take NigeriaIsGreat for instance. The poor boy started off hustling and doing things the right way. After a whole lot of disappointment, he joined the APC whatsapp groups and now has sold his conscience for a plate of Amala. His story is the story of multitudes of youths.

4 Likes

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by Flora2Sweet: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yes
Legit work no
Illegal work yes, cus na only politicians and musicians dey make am, for this country....

The rest of us na, food dey finish our money
Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by coputa(m): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
OneCandleAway:

I was talking to someone recently and the person said he had a discussion with a female who was like with the way the economy is, she doesn't even care what her partner does for money. Even parents don't care. Just bring the money home.

Shows how low we've sank in morals.
What is actually the cause of this carefree attitude towards wealth,
Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by OneCandleAway(f): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2022
coputa:
What is actually the cause of this carefree attitude towards wealth,

Look at the society, We all celebrate the wrong things. Wealth without caring about the source is glorified. No punishment for people that steal big. Not even the church or mosques cares the source of wealth. All we blacks seem to think of is easy money making. Too much emphasis on entertainment instead of science and technology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by coputa(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
Flora2Sweet:
Yes
Legit work no
Illegal work yes, cus na only politicians and musicians dey make am, for this country....

The rest of us na, food dey finish our money
Don't you think it's because of greed.I say this because even some Nigerians living in developed economy still exhibit the same character,so to some extend,the government is not to blame.
Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by F117nighthawk: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
You are damn right, it's almost impossible, Nigerians and the system does not respect honesty and hard work,even the government also is full of lies and scams, politicians even make hard work difficult because of their looting ans stealing, this country called NIGERIA is made in HELL

quote author=coputa post=118879017]I am prompted to ask this question, because of the high rate of crime and dishonesty among Nigerians in the quest to make it financially especially among the youths.
On the other hands,those hustling legitimately,are not valued as they are paid peanuts,while living from hand to mouth.The system does not reward hardwork and honestly.So,i am prompted to ask,can someone still make legitimately in Nigeria like in the 80s and 90s.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by 00FFT00(m): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
If Tinubu and Atiku had to steal and continue stealing to make it, that ought to answer your question for you.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Still Make It Legitimately In Nigeria by Ofunaofu: 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
Making money the right way is like paddling to the Americas in a canoe

(1) (Reply)

2023: Don't Be Carried Away By Rallies -okotie Warns Nigerians / Top Major And Silent Construction Projects In Northern Nigeria.(video) / NCGF Rejects Muslim/muslim Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.