Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,539 members, 7,975,125 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:25 PM

Why Does God Allow Evil ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (5103 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / "Why Does God Allow Evil?" / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
Something I don't understand about Christians such as yourself is that you're willing to call someone a fool in direct contradiction to your Bible, you then go ahead and claim that this is a fact. I really wonder how one goes about determining that others are fools.

I did not use the word FOOL in the insulting sense but in a biblical way to depict someone who refuses to believe even when all the facts have been provided.

Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

Some of you religious fellows do not understand why others simply laugh at the ignorance displayed by believers. If someone doesn't believe in your God, what makes you think your threats of hell would be effective?

I hate to say this, but I wonder who will have the last laugh.

You take pride in walking through a temporary life as blind as a bat and reject the light of Christ, thinking this makes you an outstanding philosopher such as Socrates.

I pity you !!!
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
frosbel:

I did not use the word FOOL in the insulting sense but in a biblical way to depict someone who refuses to believe even when all the facts have been provided.

Really? You're using it in a biblical way but not as an insult? So someone who doesn't believe what you're selling due to a lack of evidence is a fool? I wonder if you would consider yourself a fool for not buying say a vehicle that looks old and decrepit but which someone is trying to sell as being in perfect condition.

frosbel:

Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

So do you believe that non-Christians "are corrupt and do abominable deeds"? And that there is none that does good? I wonder what you would say about the God seekers who were mislead to follow the "wrong religion".

frosbel:

I hate to say this, but I wonder who will have the last laugh.

Yeah I wonder. Also, what in your world view would be a last laugh? Since you're supposed to live eternally in a celestial North Korea chanting praises to someone even if you do not want to do so.

frosbel:

You take pride in walking through a temporary life as blind as a bat and reject the light of Christ, thinking this makes you an outstanding philosopher such as Socrates.

The pride I take is in the fact that I am able to learn and continue learning about the universe in which I have found myself. I'm sorry that you have chosen the path of ignorance and rejection of evidence.

frosbel:

I pity you !!!

Well, I do not pity you. I simply hope that you will eventually learn what it means to fully harness your faculties rather than keeping them stunted based on iron age beliefs. I also hope that you will learn not to hold literacy, logic and rationality in contempt.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Image123(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
thehomer:

How long will it take you to realize that sickness is a part of evil therefore if God created evil, he created sickness too? You really don't understand what it means for someone to be embarrassed for another person's inability to understand their own statements. Your lack of insight into your problem runs deep.
When would you understand that if God made the earth doesn't translate straight that God made the roads, airplanes and electric motors?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
The pride I take is in the fact that I am able to learn and continue learning about the universe in which I have found myself. I'm sorry that you have chosen the path of ignorance and rejection of evidence.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:7
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
toba:

Since u ve described it as being personal, i wouldn't want to take u on much about your statement. I hope u realize that what a minority individual like your self have described as not making to you is what millions of people around the planet earth/within the planet earth takes solace in and yet they never regret doing so.
Just because millions of people believe it doesn't mean it's not bullocks. There was a time when most people though the earth was flat. The earth is not flat.

Yet its one of the mostly widely read book irrespective of peoples belief about whats stated therein.

Just because plenty of people have read it doesn't mean it's not bullocks. Plenty of people have read the Harry Potter books and yet Harry Potter is bullocks.

BTW what do u recommend for an individual to believe in regarding the position of the existence and non existence of a supreme deity who could be the creator or not of the universe?

I recommend that you demand extraordinary proof for what is actually a very extraordinary claim. Don't just believe everything you're told just because someone says it's written in an old book. Skepticism is a powerful defense against lies. Question everything, work things out for yourself and don't be afraid to call büllshìt when things don't add up. If it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't make sense, no excuses.

2)What will u recommend an individual do to avoid fooooooling hm/herself regarding 'the inconsistencies and logical dead ends in their religious texts'

Personally, I would advise that you hold all ancient religious texts in deep suspicion. Just because something is old doesn't mean it's not bullocks in fact the lack of knowledge back then makes it more likely to be full of nonsense. That fact that its survived also means little. There are books far older than both the bible and the koran that have survived, and frankly, most of them are bullocks. People preserved the Bible not because it contains any special knowledge but for the same reason they've preserved the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita, they are objects of fetish devotion. Besides, any nonsense can get old. Even the most rètarded Nairaland rants will be old one day. Can you imagine someone basing their lives around the writings of Beaf or davidylan? I shudder to think.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
Image123:

When would you understand that if God made the earth doesn't translate straight that God made the roads, airplanes and electric motors?

It gets more and more absurd. In what way are roads, airplanes and electric motors like cancer and the malaria parasite? Were cancer and the malaria parasite made by humans? At least, it seems that you're gaining insight into the problem you've created for yourself though you're unable to make appropriate analogies.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
frosbel:

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:7

But you on the other hand already have full knowledge of the truth?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2011
^^^

Okay , tell me.

1. From your perspective , what is the whole essence of life

2. Why are you here

3. What is your main objective in life and where do you think you are headed for

4.In your opinion what happens after you die, do you just turn to dust like the common beasts of the fields
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Okay , tell me.

I will. And I hope that you'll reciprocate by answering these very same questions since you seem to have full knowledge of the truth.

frosbel:

The essence is to live.

frosbel:

2. Why are you here 

To live my life to the fullest.

frosbel:

3. What is your main objective in life and where do you think you are headed for 

My main objective is to live my life to the fullest and enjoy it while it lasts. I'm headed wherever the Earth is going.

frosbel:

4.In your opinion what happens after you die, do you just turn to dust like the common beasts of the fields 

After I die, many things could happen though my consciousness will be absent. Oh do you mean by body, lots of things could happen to it. It could be cremated, sent into space, chucked into the sea, buried in a burial plot, donated to science etc.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2011
thehomer:

After I die, many things could happen though my consciousness will be absent. Oh do you mean by body, lots of things could happen to it. It could be cremated, sent into space, chucked into the sea, buried in a burial plot, donated to science etc.

I would love for my body to be dumped in space lmao grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
Martian:

It would be a dubious honour but who knows? It may eventually make its way to Heaven which after all, could have been reached by building a tower.

It appears as though frosbel has left without reciprocating by answering the questions. I wonder why.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:43am On Sep 05, 2011
[size=13pt]GOD can not prevent evil because he doesn't have the POWER . honestly speaking i see no reason people should make any move to defend GOD and finding some kind of strange reasons why god is allowing EVIL . embarassed

The truth is , if EVIL keep existing that mean's GOD is TOTALLY powerless and too empty to abolish it from the World he created without EVIL in the first DAY according to the CHRISTIAN bible ( book ) that stir the mind of men grin grin grin grin grin smiley
[/size]
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2011
Martian:

Space sounds similar but lets use the word Chasm, where all rebels with their LORD SATAN will eternally dwell without light or happiness, A place void of God since they rejected GOD.

People who sound so wise in their ears but are so blind that even bats will envy their sightlessness.

Madness I say , it's all madness.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by manmustwac(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2011
The question should be why dose god allow evil to be a hundred times worse in a very religious country like Nigeria than it is in an atheistic country like Denmark?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Tonyet1(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2011
@Image123,

In the thread: Are we really free moral beings or actually puppets in God's hands?

Your views were that

Quote from you Image123,[list]
[li] Man is a free moral being created to make his choices and live his life[/li]
[/list]

Now here in this thread your views play contrary when juxtaposed. You believe

Quote from you image123,[list]
[li]God created evil, but not for you to use. It's like blaming the inventor of a car because of car accidents. The point being that the purpose of inventing was not the car accidents. Or you'd go blaming your parents for using a kitchen after you set the building on fire, and burnt it down in your kitchen escapades.
[/li]
[/list]

In one view you sternly believe we are not tools (puppets) in God’s hands and as such you mean we humans are solely responsible for our choices
Now here you come up saying you believe that God created evil. Now my question exactly to you is why would someone create something that he would not have the intentions of using.

Dont you think the one who created good and evil did so that the later will try to outdo the former and vice versa? dont you think He could actually be trying to get at something beyond our comprehension.

Why would this creator say:
"He created everything and that this 'everything' was made by him for his pleasure"

God creating evil should point to the fact that the one who created the evil must have done so for a purpose. He must have done so for his pleasure.

You said God created evil. Now lets consider this adjective -
'evil' as a subject. In its subject-object relationship it would mean that this same God created "evil-men, evil-women, evil-thoughts, evil-imaginations, evil-practices".

Tell me you dont mean it this way and I'll come again.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah my brother u make so much sense with this comment and i strongly agree with u ^^ grin

You see ? when it comes to issues like this only then u see all kind of Christian cohorts flowing into show their ignorant and unfriendly kind of conversations . smiley
[/size]

manmustwac:

The question should be why dose god allow evil to be a hundred times worse in a very religious country like Nigeria than it is in an atheistic country like Denmark?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
Reprobates they all are, grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Okay , tell me.

2. Why are you here

So frosbel, do you have answers to your questions?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2011
(I HOPE THE BELOW (from an Islamic view) HELPS):

The Island state of Haiti has recently suffered a serious earthquake. What is God’s ruling on this subject?

(Section : Explanation )

Question :
The Island state of Haiti has recently suffered a serious earthquake. What is God’s ruling on this subject?

Answer :

In His Name the Most High,
All praise is due to Allah, may peace be upon Muhammad and his pure progeny and may the curse of Allah be upon their enemies.

The Office Answer:

There are many reasons for these disasters, and some of them are due to natural laws, which have to be in place for nature and the earth to function. Geologists inform us that earthquakes are the result of tectonic movements, and that while they destroy one place, they result in another place being more stable. Floods for example destroy an area and ruin lives, but also bring water to a region which is suffering a drought and is in need of irrigation. Volcano eruptions have caused tremendous human suffering, but have at the same time created Islands for people to inhabit.

Another reason for these disasters is the appearance of the strength of Allah. When we compare the people before and after the disaster, we witness a change in those affected. People who did not help each other before now work together for a better future, creating a compassion for the betterment of mankind. People also realise that their life on this world will end at some point, causing some of them to return to God and abandon the sinful lifestyle and concentrate more on caring for others.

Islam does not concentrate only on this world, but also takes the hereafter into consideration. Disasters such as these are Allah’s warning to those who do not believe to not focus only on this world. The innocent amongst those afflicted, will on the Day of Judgement receive increased blessings as their hardships -while the trying to be just and helpful - will be taken into consideration. Both the supporting and the afflicted will thank Allah for chances like this to prove themselves. Likewise, the children who have lost their lives will go straight to paradise, as they cannot be held responsible for their life style and have not had the chance to live a life in sin. Would they have lived on, they may have become sinners and disbelievers and been punished on the Day of Judgement.

The greatest benefit is that people return to God due to the disaster, either through benevolent actions or prayer. They change and improve their lives after this disaster, which is the result of natural effects without which nature and its laws do not work.

The office of Sheikh al-Habib in London

http://alqatrah.net/en/question/index.php?id=5
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Image123(m): 7:43am On Sep 06, 2011
thehomer:

It gets more and more absurd. In what way are roads, airplanes and electric motors like cancer and the malaria parasite? Were cancer and the malaria parasite made by humans? At least, it seems that you're gaining insight into the problem you've created for yourself though you're unable to make appropriate analogies.
Thank God. You seem to be seeing some light. I'm only stating the supposed obvious. We say God created evil just like we say God created the earth.
Cars and aeroplanes are products of the earth but not made by God in a sense. The same way, malaria and co are products of evil but not made by God in a sense. i won't be suprised if you still don't get it, your pride is your block.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Image123(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2011
@tonye
Not everything that God created is for us. He created the universe, we use a minimal part. He created hell as well, he created death. All there were not meant for us just like the solar system is kinda enough for us.
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Tonyet1(m): 10:19am On Sep 06, 2011
Image123:

@tonye
Not everything that God created is for us. He created the universe, we use a minimal part. He created hell as well, he created death. All there were not meant for us just like the solar system is kinda enough for us.

Another offshoot from the man - Image123, shocked

Quote from Image123,

•God created evil, but not for you to use[b]. It's like blaming the inventor of a car because of car accidents[/b]

Your analogy seem to be betraying your adduces everytime. One moment you agree God created evil, the next moment you're saying though God created he didnt mean it for Us.

Now lets analyze the correlation between the "inventor of a car", "the car" and "car accidents".
Let's assume the inventor of the car is "God", and the car are we "Humans" would I be wrong If i assume that the car driver could be "The breathed spirit of God in man that manipulates our thoughtline"? absolutely No!

let me show you why I think so:

Proverbs 16:4 - The Lord has made everything for himself, also He created evil people for the day of desctruction

Isaiah 45:7 - "I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things"

Again, pls I'll want you to agree with me that all spirits come from God [Bible calls God the king of Spirits] and if this being the case, it therefore means he can turn people's heart [seat of God's breathed spirit] to fulfil his WILL [his invisible script].

. . ."and God hardened pharoah's heart. . ."

. . ."and a[b] troubling spirit came from God [/b] upon Saul. . ."

Now why should we - man be blamed or exalted for the evil we see in the world, cant we just ascribe honor to the one who spake that "He himself made this evil".

Image123, We Christian should not rob God his due honor by our incessant attitude of trying to comprehend an incomprehensive God with our shallow thought-system.

Stay blessed!
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=13pt]", which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:16b[/size]
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Tonyet1(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2011
^^^ Frosbel you're such a 'weakling' i swear!  grin grin grin grin grin you cant even direct the post to my name like what kind of weakling are you?. Ok like for once pls type my name pls?

Are you sure you are really a full-fleshed male or some kind of confused transgender? cry cry undecided  grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2011
^^^^

Warning !!!!!! Serious JOKER on the rampage shocked

When will you , ehmm lets use the word grow up, though it may sound a little too complex for comprehension.

When WILL  you grow up Tonye  grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
Image123:

Thank God. You seem to be seeing some light. I'm only stating the supposed obvious. We say God created evil just like we say God created the earth.
Cars and aeroplanes are products of the earth but not made by God in a sense. The same way, malaria and co are products of evil but not made by God in a sense. i won't be suprised if you still don't get it, your pride is your block.

In what sense did your God not make the malaria parasite? You believe he made the earth, people and the malaria parasite. The malaria parasite infects people and kills them. What part of this equation is not sanctioned by God?
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
frosbel:

Space sounds similar but lets use the word Chasm, where all rebels with their LORD SATAN will eternally dwell without light or happiness, A place void of God since they rejected GOD.

People who sound so wise in their ears but are so blind that even bats will envy their sightlessness.

Madness I say , it's all madness.

Well, I heard there will be BBQs and the best green in the universe will also be available. Since it's the christian hell I'm going to, I will befriend Mohammed because I heard that dude has a steady supply of virgins!

See you in hell, Frosbel!!!!
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
thehomer:

In what sense did your God not make the malaria parasite? You believe he made the earth, people and the malaria parasite. The malaria parasite infects people and kills them. What part of this equation is not sanctioned by God?

I only know the answer to the bolded. You omitted the biggest part of the equation.

The MUTH@#%^&* angry Mosquitoes. Those tiny bastards don't care about God and his special creations!!! They bite people and infect them with malaria as if there is no tommorow! angry
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
Martian:

Well, I heard there will be BBQs and the best green in the universe will also be available. Since it's the christian hell I'm going to, I will befriend Mohammed because I heard that dude has a steady supply of virgins!

See you in hell, Frosbel!!!!

What? Why do you want to invite Frosbel? Anyway, hell will be big enough for us all since it will obviously contain far more people than heaven. cheesy
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
Martian:

I only know the answer to the bolded. You omitted the biggest part of the equation.

The MUTH@#%^&* angry Mosquitoes. Those tiny bastards don't care about God and his special creations!!! They bite people and infect them with malaria as if there is no tommorow! angry

Oh sorry. Those mosquitoes must simply be the work of the devil himself. grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
thehomer:

What? Why do you want to invite Frosbel? Anyway, hell will be big enough for us all since it will obviously contain far more people than heaven. cheesy

Well, since we are going to be holding court with the devil himself, I suppose we will need a court jester and who's better than frosbel??
Re: Why Does God Allow Evil ? by thehomer: 12:11am On Sep 09, 2011
Martian:

Well, since we are going to be holding court with the devil himself, I suppose we will need a court jester and who's better than frosbel??

Hmm you have a point there. We might as well have someone to torture for fun while conducting the serious business of keeping hell running.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Christ's Words In Matthew 10:34? / True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / Expose Into The Real Reasons For Noah's Flood Missing From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.