Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,042 members, 7,970,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:16 AM

You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him (4223 Views)

“you’re Fat” – Seun Kuti Slams Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Arrest Him (video) / Igboho Surrendered Himself To Government, They Couldn’t Arrest Him – Lawyer / Nigerians Slam Aisha Buhari Over Call For ‘Better Hospitals’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

Steroid treatment for many conditions can make a person literally swell. Figure of speech.

She seems to have maintained a stable weight for a long period of time.

The excessive weight gain of the first Lady appears abnormal TBH.

https://www.healthline.com/health/steroids-and-weight-gain

First let us define SWELLING in the context in which you use it or dispense with it and use more precise terminology
What is the pathophysiology of SWELLING in steroid treatment
I am interested to know what you think is happening at the tissue level

There are dozens of conditions that can cause weight gain and it is pointless singling any particular one out without evidence
Why randomly pick out steroids? Why not antipsychotics or antidepressants ,HRT or just gluttony
We have seen pictures that clearly show weight gain if you like call it swelling, ballooning, puffing, or whatever we simply do not have the information to start talking about steroids

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:
Nigerians are not in the dark ages and are relatively benign when it comes to so called body shaming because being fat is socially acceptable or desirable in many sub- cultures. We even have fattening rooms in some places for prospective brides.
Anorexia nervosa is not a significant issue in Nigeria

I remember Ronaldo de Lima years ago making a disclosure about his thyroid in response to body shaming

Let us make our points without gratuitously denigrating Nigerians.
Human beings can be cruel sadly but Nigerians are not outstanding in that regard

I think you know me well enough here to know that is not my style. I am passionate about Nigeria and her progress.

My point is that Nigerians are not sensitive enough, yet, about the need to be circumspect over issues that offends the sensibility of others.

I am no fan of Buhari. Yet, to draw a correlation between his wife becoming unusually bloated, in a short period of time, with literally eating the money of the poor is flawed.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

I think you know me well enough here to know that is not my style. I am passionate about Nigeria and her progress.

My point is that Nigerians are not sensitive enough, yet, about the need to be circumspect over issues that offends the sensibility of others.

I am no fan of Buhari. Yet, to draw a correlation between his wife becoming unusually bloated, in a short period of time, with literally eating the money of the poor is flawed.
Ok but people are people everywhere . Anywhere there is freedom of speech people will taunt those in the public eye and body shaming is not peculiar to Nigerians.

With regard to Aisha I think it was very apt unless you are out of sync with the harsh reality that is Nigerians lot
We are talking of a woman who gathered with governors a few months ago to celebrate her birthday in Dubai . It is horses for courses

No less than Wole Soyinka coined the word SHIPOPOTAMUS

The same woman flaunting graduation photos of her daughter inlaw in the middle of ASUU strike
She got her just desserts

2 Likes

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:

First let us define SWELLING in the context in which you use it or dispense with it and use more precise terminology
What is the pathophysiology of SWELLING in steroid treatment
I am interested to know what you think is happening at the tissue level

There are dozens of conditions that can cause weight gain and it is pointless singling any particular one out without evidence
We have seen pictures that clearly show weight gain if you like call it swelling, ballooning, puffing, or whatever we simply do not have the information

You're right but I did not single a condition out. I gave oone illustrative example. Not at all exhaustive or definitive of the issue with the first lady. If indeed she has an issue.

My point remains that, as uninformed observers not privy to what is going on with the first Lady, it is in poor taste to mock her a thief, against the poor, because she has piled on a lot of pounds in a short period of time.

It's a convenient excuse in a nation where there is a distinct caricature depiction of a fat bourgeois class and rake-skinny underprivileged class.

Fact is that a lot of Nigerians, even those not wealthy by any measure, are chunky anyway because of a sedentary lifestyle matched with a bad, oily and starchy diet.

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:
Ok but people are people everywhere . Anywhere there is freedom of speech people will taunt those in the public eye and body shaming is not peculiar to Nigerians.

With regard to Aisha I think it was very apt unless you are out of sync with the harsh reality that is Nigerians lot
We are talking of a woman who gathered with governors a few months ago to celebrate her birthday in Dubai . It is horses for courses

No less than Wole Soyinka coined the word SHIPOPOTAMUS

The same woman flaunting graduation photos of her daughter inlaw in the middle of ASUU strike
She got her just desserts

Lol. That takes me back. You're right sha. It is the Nigerian tongue-in-cheek reality.

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
sotall:
grin

Aisha Buhari has swallowed all the money that was supposed to be used to feed Nigerian masses.
Is she occupying any position
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by chiemelisco: 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
she probably has kidney issues its common with obesity.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're right but I did not single a condition out. I gave oone illustrative example. Not at all exhaustive or definitive of the issue with the first lady. If indeed she has an issue.

My point remains that, as uninformed observers not privy to what is going on with the first Lady, it is in poor taste to mock her a thief, against the poor, because she has piled on a lot of pounds in a short period of time.

It's a convenient excuse in a nation where there is a distinct caricature depiction of a fat bourgeois class and rake-skinny underprivileged class.

Fact is that a lot of Nigerians, even those not wealthy by any measure, are chunky anyway because of a sedentary lifestyle matched with a bad, oily and starchy diet.
Taste is just that taste

Some people love snake meat others do not .
Who is the judge of what is poor taste?

Go and listen to Fela body shaming bleachers in Yellow fever or Obasanjo's stomach in ITT
Caricatures are a useful tool of cartoonists too and have been FOR EVER

We would have to agree to disagree
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. That takes me back. You're right sha. It is the Nigerian tongue-in-cheek reality.
I have a panoramic view of Nigeria and that is why I called you out grin
We cannot forget the context of these things they do not happen in a vacuum
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
lhordspy:
You are noticed boy.

That boy is not any urchins mate.

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by yinkeys(m): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
omonnakoda:

You have already made up your mind and so are not thinking

Please define SWELL

You keep parroting swell. swell
"Body parts swell"
It is like you just discovered pathology and want to practise

All your theories are unnecessary

The woman is overweight
NOT SWOLLEN

This is not categorized as overweight
This is obesity
She’s shattered the BMI

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
yinkeys:

This is obesity
She’s shattered the BMI
You are probably right I guess she would be at least 35 but that is a guess
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by yinkeys(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
omale88:
she probably has kidney issues its common with obesity.
And diabetes
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by MadamExcellency: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2022
yinkeys:

This is obesity
She’s shattered the BMI (Body Mass Index)

Discussants were trying to get to a neutral ground or just agree to disagree but you just landed and added vawulence into fire

1 Like

Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Blackfire(m): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2022
Southerners have no respect at all... especially yoruba
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Barims(m): 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2022
BloomingDale:
From what I'm seeing, I think she has a health problem. She is swollen, not fat.

Swollen ?? Get well soon
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Tenses: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
lhordspy:
You are noticed boy.

True true Yoruba moslem miscreant no get respect for legendary elders!

Yoruba moslems are disgrace to the great Yoruba nation.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by BATified2023: 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
brandnprinting:

You get time o, trying to educate an ignoramus.
u took those words from my mouth

Check d candidate he’s supporting n u won’t b surprised

Those are same sets of people that believe buhari was cloned without knowing d meaning of d word clone
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
Far more slander should be directed at the aboki wanna be Arab Islamic north.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 12:27am On Dec 07, 2022
Good question
Patience Jonathan did not occupy anything different either but had issues with corruption/ corrupt wealth acquisition . Any one asking what you are asking needs to be asked if they are Nigerian or just pretending. Any how the statement was ambiguous and could have been referring to the fact that she was being fed at government expense and was visibly getting fatTER. The statement was quite rude but rudeness or insult is not a crime, The issue is defamation
It does not necessarily IMPLY ANY wrongdoing on her part and can therefore be argued to be NOT defamatory . If she went to court a reasonable defence lawyer could ask for her weight to establish fatness. I do not think she would want to do that. Defamatory cases imply that the plaintiff has a good name and that the statement is FALSE and again part of a legal defence would be to challenge that e.g if Tinubu sues anyone for libel they may question his "good name". That kind of defence costs money the kind of money that Aminu Mohammed and even Kemi Olunloyi dont have
Even Sowore faced it with Nwoko and lesser men would still be in prison
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Napata77: 1:21am On Dec 07, 2022
Ezewuzie01:
'You are fat' and 'You are feeding fat off poor people' are not the same thing.

Same thing I thought. If Seun is not a coward he should say the same thing that boy said, not half.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by Caveatemptor(m): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2022
Napata77:

Same thing I thought. If Seun is not a coward he should say the same thing that boy said, not half.

He said it.
Watch the video.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by RealTalkNoBull: 6:44am On Dec 07, 2022
omonnakoda:
Your opinion
There is nothing like swollen in medical terminology to describe the entire living body.
Only a dead body is "swollen"

She is fat.
And if it’s a health issue?
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by crossfire(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2022
This boy na wereh boy hahahahahhahahah
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by BeardedMeat(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2022
BloomingDale:
From what I'm seeing, I think she has a health problem. She is swollen, not fat.
Naa.. she's just blooming like you.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by BeardedMeat(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2022
MzErica:
The boy is high on cheap weed as usual. This chronic fvck boy look for attention like WTF!
Is he your Fucck boy? I'm asking for a friend here with me?
Are you the one in your DP?
I'm also asking for a friend.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by omonnakoda: 9:11am On Dec 07, 2022
RealTalkNoBull:
And if it’s a health issue?
I will fry beans
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by MzErica(f): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Is he your Fucck boy? I'm asking for a friend here with me?
Are you the one in your DP?
I'm also asking for a friend.

Is your father a dead-brain fool? I'm asking on behalf of your useless mother.
Re: You Are Fat- Seun Kuti Slam Aisha Buhari, Dares Her To Send DSS To Arrest Him by BeardedMeat(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
MzErica:

Is your father a dead-brain fool? I'm asking on behalf of your useless mother.
C'mon sweetie! Don't be a sour sport. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today The Chicago Court Begins The Release Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu / The Cia In Nigeria: Coups Past, Present, And Future. (Updated) / Senate Stops Withdrawal From Excess Crude Account .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.