Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,067 members, 7,887,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? (2745 Views)

Why Is 2face Not Nominated For Grammy Award / Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? / 2Face Idibia's New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by oscar(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2007
Guys, I wonder if anyone has seen 2face Idibia's new video for the song: If Love is a crime. I'm still in shock at the that dude's shameless attempt to deface Naija, by not only shooting the vid in small neighbouring Ghana, but his complete adoption of the Ghanaian colours and all. Our dear 2face, whom so many Nigerians had supported with their sweat and blood, totally dumped Nigeria for a Ghanaian personality. Now, don't me wrong. there's absolutely nothing wrong with shootin' vids in foreign lands, but did he have to wear (for the duration of the vid) clothes with 'Ghana' boldly inscribed on every space? Is the dude hating on good, ole Naija? And to listen to those mo'fkas, KK and D1, trying to explain that away by describing the video (or is it 2baba) as 'going international.' Can he ever be more international than, say Akon, who still reps Senegal to the max, even in the US? Help me out.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by mrmetoo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2007
Pls just chill out with the exaggerations. Its really not that serious, I thought that had been established already here on nairaland. "BLOOD AND SWEAT, " oh my!!!
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by tosinadeda: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2007
Its a shame
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by cuteass1(f): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
Na wa ooh.

Where there is nothing, people always seem to find something.

Beyonce once sang "nigeria's national anthem", does that make her less american??

If he decides to sing in Ghana, and represent Ghana . .what's wrong in that nah? When he steps up and announces by speech or song, that he's tired of being a nigerian, then we'll have cause for alarm.

Till then, i won't see anything wrong in him singing to the glory of another country, an african country to be precise.

Besides if he had gone to America and sang, wearing NY outfits and stuff, I'm sure you guys won't be here complaining.

@ tosinadeda

A shame you call it?? Could you please in your own words explain to me what exactly is so shameful about it??
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2007
oscar:

Guys, I wonder if anyone has seen 2face Idibia's new video for the song: If Love is a crime. I'm still in shock at the that dude's shameless attempt to deface Naija, by not only shooting the vid in small neighbouring Ghana, but his complete adoption of the Ghanaian colours and all. Our dear 2face, whom so many Nigerians had supported with their sweat and blood, totally dumped Nigeria for a Ghanaian personality. Now, don't me wrong. there's absolutely nothing wrong with shootin' vids in foreign lands, but did he have to wear (for the duration of the vid) clothes with 'Ghana' boldly inscribed on every space? Is the dude hating on good, ole Naija? And to listen to those mo'fkas, KK and D1, trying to explain that away by describing the video (or is it 2baba) as 'going international.' Can he ever be more international than, say Akon, who still reps Senegal to the max, even in the US? Help me out.

Can you remember vivdly that Snoop shot a video in brazil and he wore a brazilain shirt
The title of the was was Beautiful feat Pharell
Was he(Snoopp) condemed?
Oscar i need an answer ok

Tu rocks
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by sect(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2007
Though i aint a 2face lover but i doubt he had any intention of insulting naija by doing that,i think its one of kennis foolish ways of creating a Ghanaian market for the guy,saying 2face is going international by doing that is of a very foolish and childish thinking which of course would be keke's idea.I just dont know why but i think those kennis guys are impeding 2face's progress.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by trendy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2007
what was tuface thinking anyway? it's a shame
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by jejelolatu(f): 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2007
yeah,its a shame that naijas are so narrow minded

open ur minds,for god sake,widen ur horizon

he was wearing a ghana shirt so what?,

almost all sportsmen[ i.e entertainers] play club footbal in countries other than theirs
does that make them traitors?

when most presidents pay visits to their counterparts in other countries dnt they at times wear the ceremonial dress of the country?
does that prevent them from being regarded has the no1 citizen of their country

even if 2face made the video in ghana does it make the blood flowing in him less naija than urs.

if hes record label thinks doing the video in ghana would widen 2faces fan base and make them have better sales in ghana and other african countries,
who are u to judge them for that?

"if love is a crime" was made in ghana
BUT
2face innocent idibia was MADE IN NAIJA.[nothing can change that.]

so lets support our own.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2007
This trndy girl you will fail. Am so sure abt that
Abeg jejelolatu ja won si
Even Snoop wore a brazilian in one of he's songs he sang in brazil, Beautiful feat Pharell
the name brazil was boldy inscribed on the t-shirt

So go kill snoop for doing that ok

Tu rules
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by nimma(f): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2007
tu rules forever.u haters better come to terms with that otherwise badbelle go kill una oooooooooooooooo
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Mindless(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
Eedris and Tetuila once "Ruled"; or so it seemed f*ck kennis
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
It cant happen with Tu ok

Tu rules
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Mindless(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
Wishful thinking; Eedris and Tony thought so too, but cry2face enjoy it why it last's
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by jejelolatu(f): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2007
see u ahave a point there -nothing last forever[so they say]

but am sure u will agree with me that 2face has made some achievements that no matter who writes the history of naija entertainment industry, or where this history is written 2faces name would ALWAYS be mentioned.

e,g
whose song was first played on mtv base?
who got naijas first mtv award
who was naijas first artist to have double platinum.
who was the first naija artist to endorse a top alcohol brewing company in naija.

E.T.C

2face has made a name for himself.
those are things that would last forever-no one can go back in time to change it.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Mindless(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
And while remembering all that "[/b]achievements[b]"  a certain KENNIS MUSICthe actual recipient of those accolades comes to mind
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2007
jejelolatu abge tell them
Label companies aremeant to play a huge success in life of there artist and i guess thats what kennis has done with Tuface.

Those guys get legs o thats why they are the best
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by sect(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yes its true dat dis guys av connections & sumtyms dey use it to buy awards 4 2face,someone once told me abt dis but i discredited it until d day 2face 1 a channel 0 music video award last year 4 best video with ole,i cant actualy rememba d specific category but i no it has 2 do wit best video,with d nominees presentd 4 dat award it was glaring that 2face's wasnt d best & its cos he had no reignin song dat moment dey bought the award 4 tuface.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by sect(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2007
I know some of u guys wuld question my claim but i know dats what actually happened & you say kennis are the best when dey only concentrate on 1 artist & offer d other artists ill treatment,pple who leave kennis av reasons 4 doing so.As far as am concerned kennis are thieves & dey dont in anyway deserve 2 b called good not 2 talk of best cos of 1 artist's success.They cant even boast of 1 artist aside 2face & i hope 2 see their downfall 1 day.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Mindless(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2007
Amen lipsrsealed
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2007
You dont have to pray for people's downfall undermining what thay are doing what they've done ok
anyway enjoy the video for TRUE LOVE
http://www.kennisradio.com/musicvideo5.html
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by sect(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2007
Effa you are right about not praying for peoples downfall but i just hate to see those guys receive kudos for what they do not truly deserve and longi i dont get what you posted.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by sect(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2007
Effa you are right about not praying for peoples downfall but i just hate to see those guys receive kudos for what they do not truly deserve and longi i dont get what you posted.
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2007
Ok i hear you sect
But u cant say all kennis dealings are fake, if they get kudos for something, that means they merit it
well this is enterntainment and so many things happen underground which you and i do not know abt or get to hear abt.
kennis is the only label doing good or bad , so many label in nigeria and in africa are you doing same

anyway wish u understand what am trying to say on here
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by topeorekoy(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2007
2face shooting a video in ghana isnt bad, i really love the video, many american have shot video outside america but there is a video that is so wack (true love) that he shot walking thru a forest i can even believe they shot that kind of video for that solid song
2FACE is a cool artist but i wont lie to u, 2face has that video? thats wack. why wld they shoot that kind of video for that dope song? i saw the maing, i tot it was just going to be a part of the video not knwing i was going to be the entire video.

kennis r just good at marketing and promotion but still have a lot to learn abt video shooting
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by jejelolatu(f): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ tope
which 2faces video did u see?
true love video isnt as bad as u make it look
1. he wasnt even in a forest,it was a studio shooting,all that is like film trick.
the video is okay.
thou i agree with u that kennis is a major in marketting and distribution and not so good in video productions.
but two out of three points na pass mark na!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2007
tu face for live
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by topeorekoy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2007
jejelolatu:

@ tope
which 2faces video did u see?
true love video isnt as bad as u make it look
1. he wasnt even in a forest,it was a studio shooting,all that is like film trick.
the video is okay.
thou i agree with u that kennis is a major in marketting and distribution and not so good in video productions.
but two out of three points na pass mark na!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

jeje,

i really couldnt find the rite words to describe the video but to me, that video was too wack for the song. how cld that video be done for a dope song like that. i listen to it everyday but when i saw the video, i tot i was listening to another song. thats just my own point of view
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by MYLS: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ Oscar dont u think u shd be more concerned about making way than bothering urself about @-Face. d guy is talented and we all kno it. 1 Love Nairalanders
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by Effa(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2007
whatever, i feel the video is okay for the song
Re: Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? by eldee(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2007
shooting one video in another country is not bad, but the continuity is what is affecting us, (remember nfena ibaga remix). leaving naija out of the picture. and we have a right to question him since
1. we were the one that voted for him on mtv europe awards
2. we voted for him to be the first video on mtv base africa
3. for goodness sake, we bought at least 75% of the double platinum

(1) (Reply)

Dagrin's Last Twitter Post / Please Where Can I Download Foreign Songs / DOWNLOAD MP3: Usher - Bad Habits [Audio]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.