Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,085 members, 7,973,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:34 PM

Police Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extortion (551 Views)

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Video Of Police Officers Assaulting Young Men For Resisting Extortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Extortion by siteguy2: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2022
Hello everyone please I really need help. my friend who is a Corp member in Anambra got arrested yesterday while returning from onitsha Shoprite to cut his hair. Calls to his number throughout yesterday and today has not been picked but they have allowed him to call his brother this morning.

He is a programmer and police at cps onitsha are demanding he pays 700k before they will release him.
This is sad because they searched him and didn’t get anything from him but still got him arrested.

I need suggestions as how to go about this.
Re: Police Extortion by Zonefree(m): 9:40am On Dec 08, 2022
The corp member should call his LI or ZI. He's federal government pikin, there's no need for him to be calling his family.

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion by siteguy2: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2022
Zonefree:
The corp member should call his LI or ZI. He's federal government pikin, there's no need for him to be calling his family.
They won’t allow him contact anyone.
Re: Police Extortion by Zonefree(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2022
siteguy2:
They won’t allow him contact anyone.
But, you said they allowed him to call his brother.

All the same, you can help him locate his PPA or Nysc secretariat and make a report. They will take it up from there.

1 Like

Re: Police Extortion by pheelhip(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2022
siteguy2:
Hello everyone please I really need help. my friend who is a Corp member in Anambra got arrested yesterday while returning from onitsha Shoprite to cut his hair. Calls to his number throughout yesterday and today has not been picked but they have allowed him to call his brother this morning.

He is a programmer and police at cps onitsha are demanding he pays 700k before they will release him.
This is sad because they searched him and didn’t get anything from him but still got him arrested.

I need suggestions as how to go about this.

They must have seen something with him, a Corp member for that matter.
Police men don't harass Corp members like that, fear sef dey catch them because of how it will turn out to be at the end.

Your frnd is actually in possession of something that made them lock him up.
Re: Police Extortion by siteguy2: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Zonefree:

But, you said they allowed him to call his brother.

All the same, you can help me locate his PPA or Nysc secretariat and make a report. They will take it up from there.
Yes. They only allowed him contact his brother after which they took his phone back. I have called him more than 10 times this morning alone and no one answers.

I’m not in Anambra and do not know how to get the lgi contact.
Re: Police Extortion by siteguy2: 10:11am On Dec 08, 2022
pheelhip:

They must have seen something with him, a Corp member for that matter.
Police men don't harass Corp members like that, fear sef dey catch them because of how it will turn out to be at the end.

Your frnd is actually in possession of something that made them lock him up.
Why do some of you reason like this?
Is this your first time of hearing a case like this?
They did not get anything from him, you can ask anyone how police at cps onitsha behaves.
They do arrest and lock up anyone without any reason.
My friend uses an iPhone and I guess that’s their problem.
Re: Police Extortion by Angrygoat: 10:29am On Dec 08, 2022
He should pay 30k and collect all their nos. And be disturbing them everyday.so boys or men in black won't harass u again. I was extorted 50k around march,weed,alcohol,cigarette, shisha and of cos g. From 500k I price am go 50k. Bailed myself. Of cos I wasn't allowed to call,phones seized and all. I justly burst laff. When I go pos,I use another 1 hour take drink beer,smoke my loud,b4 heading back to station by 7pm. Since 2pm
Re: Police Extortion by gulfer: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2022
siteguy2:
Yes. They only allowed him contact his brother after which they took his phone back. I have called him more than 10 times this morning alone and no one answers.

I’m not in Anambra and do not know how to get the lgi contact.
His brother should report to the state NYC director through the zonal office, I'm sure he'll be released speedily undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Delta Police Arrest Suspected Homosexuals During A Same-sex Marriage In Warri. / Customs Seize 1,200 Bags Of Contraband Rice / What If Federal Government Legalize The Use Of Guns To Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.