Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,257 members, 7,934,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:14 PM

Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams (23438 Views)

OAU Student Disguised As "Supervisor" Caught Stealing Phones During Exams (vid) / Students Shutdown Polytechnic Ibadan, Lock Lecturers Out Over Tuition, Portal / ‘shameless’ Slay Queen Shows Off How She Defeated Her Lecturers During Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Naijaepic: 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
After how many years.
According to what we all read here, they are yet to pay the current semester. But buhari was the president in the last 7 years, was it Jonathan government thathas been paying for the school fees since 2015?

WhatCanIsay:
Ok

For those too lazy to read. FG through her ministry pays the school fees of the affected students. Buhari/APC government being anti people have refused to pay the fees of those students! Who are we to blame?

Remember to use official recognised escrow services! Konfam escrow services is the best as always!
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by onuman: 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
AnonPoet:
Baze University, Abuja, has thrown out Amnesty students writing the first semester examination in the institution.

https://leaders.ng/2022/12/08/baze-university-abuja-throws-out-185-amnesty-students-in-middle-of-examination-over-outstanding-one-term-school-fee/

Most vindictive president of Nigeria.
Because Baze uni is owned by Datti Yusuf, the Labour Party V presidential candidate, the federal government must have refused to pay the fees of its amnesty students.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Naijaepic: 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
This argument appears logical, at the onset of finding everlasting solutions to Niger delta agitation, every solutions to douse the tension will be considered, irrespective of it long-term effects on the government pulse.

Since Yaradua era, private universities in Nigeria and outside Nigeria are secured for Niger delta

ubimagos:
He must have lobbied for it thinking that the tuition will be remitted as at when due like every Nigerian "Businessman" who only see government and government officials as their major targets.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by onuman: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
Figolouis:
Politics is a dirty game, because the owner of the said school is in opposition party, they refuse to pay so that they will say LABOUR PARTY VP threw out federal govt sponsored candidates. To me the school authourity as not done bad, those that sponsred them should pay

Yes.
It's a private uni funded by students fees.
Federal government refusing to pay the fees of its students is a dirty political game that must backfire against the ruling APC. The Niger Delta militants are watching with keen interest.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Chee59(f): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
Best believe whatever arm of the government that was responsible for the Amnesty scholarship education was informed prior to this time.
If they claim ignorance, let them sue.
The resounding effects of corruption is touching everyone, one by one.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
Moh247:
Labour Party education policy in 3D

Maj196:
Over to you Datti-Ahmed

post=118997493:
BAZE : Naija politicians University.

A Senior staff of the Amnesty Office who confided in the Network said that the office could not pay the schools because of paucity of funds.

Didn't you read the above or you cannot read? Urchins are always senseless, empty skull.

Bring that ya coconut head...

Always dey dey read well well before before you you you comment.

Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by rollywise(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2022
All the APC supporters don shut up abi. I pity your others that left the future of their wards in the hands of an irresponsible government like that of Nigeria. A government that jokes with everything except their salaries and fat bonuses. Inside ASUU strike they were busy increasing their tour allowances, just imagine. This is the government Tinubu sold to us. Now he wants to continue from where baba stopped and same hopeless youths are behind them
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Menclothing: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2022
Education under datti how will it be ?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Bigkoko: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
Nigerians sef......can you even attend matriculation in schools at the West without paying fees, having a scholarship, tuition waiver? University education is not for everyone. Some should be entrust to capable importers to learn trade, others to Artisans to learn welding, fabrications etc and those money they spend on fees can be given to them as settlement just as the Igbos do! After spending on theoretical learning, what next? Back to blowing our infrastructure!

AnonPoet:
Baze University, Abuja, has thrown out Amnesty students writing the first semester examination in the institution.

https://leaders.ng/2022/12/08/baze-university-abuja-throws-out-185-amnesty-students-in-middle-of-examination-over-outstanding-one-term-school-fee/
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Cromagnon: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Amnesty students in a private university, while good, law-abiding Nigerians are at the mercy of FG and ASUU?

Toh, shebi as den no see fees pay now, BAZE U don pack dem troway....
you get mind to break the laws they did?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Yankee101: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Una still ean vote obi datti?

Who disentangle know govt allocation takes time?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Cromagnon: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Moblux:

How can it be Datti? A private university is a separate legal entity and government entered contract with the university and not Datti
who owns the uni?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Cromagnon:
you get mind to break the laws they did?

Who break law no be jail e dey go again?

Anyway, na Naija we dey.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by tunapawizzy: 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Maj196:
Over to you Datti-Ahmed
what exactly do you want him to do.....will The Nation or TVC run advert for me on credit, can I stay in Renaissance or oriental hotel claiming i am broke, will first nation airline fly me from lagos to abuja for free, will ABTI American University educate me for free......
Baze dun even try, they educated them for free without tuition, na just exams dem no let dem do. How is Baze the issue, the Governement should pay tuition of the students, Amnesty office is probably still blowing funds on other things, i am sure there is a senate committee and HouseOfReps committee that perform oversight on them, they are still lounging collecting allowances, but Baze a private business should take the fall
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Zombiedients: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
post=118997493:
BAZE : Naija politicians University.

Labour Party V.P candidate University

Datti is a beneficiary of stolen funds in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by writeprof(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
flexyrule:
Amnesty beneficiaries under scholarship in a private university. Wow!

Truly, crime pays in this part of the world.

I know someone doing his own studies at Achievers University. It's business for private universities.
Cashing out of the ND
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by tunapawizzy: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
Cromagnon:
who owns the uni?
what do you want the owner of the university to do.
The government has numerous universities but they chose to give people scholarship in a private university(for obvious reasons), not like the courses are not available in governement Unis, then the government refused to pay tuition of the people they sent to those universities and somehow, we should blame the university(NOT government) for not allowing those students to take exams.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by bong4(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
1. If you are a lady seeing this; please note, "am is not the same thing as I'm"

2. "Am" reduces your value irrespective of who you are, when you keep writing "am this, am that instead of "I'm this, I'm that"

3. "Am" is not a short form of I'm!.

3. I'm is the correct word to use, stop writing .

I wish i could give this up to 10 likes. I have noticed that ladies commit this blunder more. Thanks for bringing this out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Moblux(m): 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
Cromagnon:
who owns the uni?

See your thinking?

1. Why were they taken to a private university in the first place?

2. Before taking this action, wouldn't the university have reached out to the government officials/office concerned?

3. The university whether private or public operates with some level of independence in management. Don't you think the university bursar, registrar and VC would have made efforts?

4. How would they recover their money for the knowledge they have imparted those boys ...so much that Buhari's presidency is at it's twilight?

5. If Datti gives nod for this, it could be the last resort.

6. The average payback period of setting up university is between 15 to 25 years.

Pls when you open your school, even when it is a primary school and there is such a situation, don't bother to recover your money
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by ZombieSlayer1: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
Okealaaye:
Unpaid Labourers are sure to devise reasons in support of this WICKEDNESS. Less than 36 months ago the war-chant was Atikulated, just because one of them was on the Atiku presidential ticket. Atiku Abubakar is one of the most hated politicians at the moment just because he has the audacity to stand up to Messiah Peter Obi! To Obi's compatriots, it's Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, according to Governor Soludo, or death. Their politics is undergirded by the emotions, expediency and inordinate aggression! Are there other people like our kontrimen East of the Great River anywhere in the whole wide global world! I dunno o!
You urchins always display incredible levels of stupidity. A post concerning a school, and you had to find a way to blame Obi for it.

Better start buying copious amounts of sniper, you'll drink it when Obi is announced as your president.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by obyno82: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Okealaaye:
Unpaid Labourers are sure to devise reasons in support of this WICKEDNESS. Less than 36 months ago the war-chant was Atikulated, just because one of them was on the Atiku presidential ticket. Atiku Abubakar is one of the most hated politicians at the moment just because he has the audacity to stand up to Messiah Peter Obi! To Obi's compatriots, it's Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, according to Governor Soludo, or death. Their politics is undergirded by the emotions, expediency and inordinate aggression! Are there other people like our kontrimen East of the Great River anywhere in the whole wide global world! I dunno o!

Is it that your sense is missing from your body or your brain was undeveloped because you were nursed with Hyena milk. Didn't you see the part where the school said the affected students were prevented because their fees were not paid for the semester. It is FG that you should hold.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by essentialone(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
This is why I hate politics
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by JoeSoapy: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
What is Datti’s business?
Datti never said his school was a charity organization, it’s over to their sponsors who refused paying up their tuition fees not Datti
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by intruder15(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
tuoyoojo:
It is extremely risky to put all ur eggs in the basket of the FG

Avoidable things like this are bound to happen

[/b] A Senior staff of the Amnesty Office who confided in the Network said that the office could not pay the schools because of paucity of funds.[b]

Where all the money go...who chop am

You can imagine o. They no pay school fees because of paucity of funds. Meaning they didn't intend to pay this term. Everything in Nigeria is not working
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Zdr1: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2022
Really
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by BreconHills(m): 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
Premiumwriter:
A group of youths are happily campaigning for a sick old man to lead them.

What's more, all Tinubu gave them was just 30k and they are willing to sell their unborn children's future.

Poverty has been weaponized.

You will be surprised. Business knows there is very little difference between the three candidates

Tinubu is a capitalist/welfare
Atiku is a capitalist/ capitalist
Obi is a capitalist/entrepreneur

They are broadly all capitalists.

What is different is that only Tinubu is the only candidate to have clear spelt out policies not vague sound bites about Bangladesh and China.

He has said he will recruit into army, start state and community policing and end fuel subsidy amongst more.

What exactly have any of the other candidates said?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by chukwuemerie95x: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
Do you expect Baze University to run at loss.Do you expect Baze University to run at loss....
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by EduBrazil1991(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
[quote author=Okealaaye post=118997332]Unpaid Labourers are sure to devise reasons in support of this WICKEDNESS. Less than 36 months ago the war-chant was Atikulated, just because one of them was on the Atiku presidential ticket. Atiku Abubakar is one of the most hated politicians at the moment just because he has the audacity to stand up to Messiah Peter Obi! To Obi's compatriots, it's Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, according to Governor Soludo, or death. Their politics is undergirded by the emotions, expediency and inordinate aggression! Are there other people like our kontrimen East of the Great River anywhere in the whole wide global world! I dunno o!

You just want to sound like an educated being which you are not.
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Cromagnon: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
Moblux:

See your thinking?

1. Why were they taken to a private university in the first place?

2. Before taking this action, wouldn't the university have reached out to the government officials/office concerned?

3. The university whether private or public operates with some level of independence in management. Don't you think the university bursar, registrar and VC would have made efforts?

4. How would they recover their money for the knowledge they have imparted those boys ...so much that Buhari's presidency is at it's twilight?

5. If Datti gives nod for this, it could be the last resort.

6. The average payback period of setting up university is between 15 to 25 years.

Pls when you open your school, even when it is a primary school and there is such a situation, don't bother to recover your money
Who owns the uni
Very simple question
All rhis na shalaye
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Cromagnon: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
tunapawizzy:

what do you want the owner of the university to do.

Whatever he wants

The government has numerous universities but they chose to give people scholarship in a private university(for obvious reasons)
Please what are these obvious reasons
I'm curious

, not like the courses are not available in governement Unis, then the government refused to pay tuition of the people they sent to those universities and somehow, we should blame the university(NOT government) for not allowing those students to take exams.
where did I say the uni should be blamed?
Re: Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams by Cromagnon: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Who break law no be jail e dey go again?

Anyway, na Naija we dey.
How many cartel, mafia, mob, triad or yakuza you see enter jail?

This life na levels

Biden dem de arrest ppl for mask yet den no wear am.

You're either a sheep or a wolf and wolves recognise demsef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria / Students Sitting On The Floor For Lecture At UNIJOS (pic) / JAMB Releases 57,000 Results Of The Saturday UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.