Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,756 members, 7,848,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? (383 Views)

I Was Exempted From NYSC, Just Because I Was 10 Days Above 30 / I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? / Corper Susan Joseph Poses With Her Students, Says 'I Don't Want To Leave Rivers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? by Herbephe1(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2022
I'm here to seek your advice because I still believe in the saying
that "The elderly will not lie indolent and allow things to go bad"
I'm an undergraduate student at a state university studying a four
year course (microbiology); I'm presently in 400L and will be 29 in
February 2023.
To avoid being exempted from service(NYSC), I intend to change
my age.
We're resuming again by February of the next year(2023), and I'm
worried that another strike might disrupt our academic schedule.
However, if I were to change my age, I would have to spend an
additional 20k to have my NIN information updated.
I was advised by a friend to change my age in the university and
then modify it again once I arrive at the NYSC camp.
But the source of concern is what to do if an employer asks for
my age from my institution, which obviously won't match my
NYSC date.
I really need your inputs sir. Your pieces of advice would be gladly
appreciated
Re: Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? by ShoeWorld2(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2022
Unless you'll have an extra year or problem with your project or supervisor. You have nothing to be afraid of since you're in your final year.
But if something happens, instead of changing your age, you will pay money and tweak NYSC registration just like those going to camp after 30s and 40s normally do.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

1 Like

Re: Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? by Herbephe1(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2022
ShoeWorld2:
Unless you'll have an extra year or problem with your project or supervisor. You have nothing to be afraid of since you're in your final year.
But if something happens, instead of changing your age, you will pay money and tweak NYSC registration just like those going to camp after 30s and 40s normally do.

I pray nothing happens, just afraid there might be another unfortunate strike.
Tweaking NYSC reg? I thought schools used to send the details of their out-going students to jamb. Can it still be rectified after it's been forwarded to jamb?

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices
Re: Help I Don't Want To Be Exempted, What's The Way Out? by ShoeWorld2(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2022
I pray nothing happens, just afraid there might be another unfortunate strike.
Tweaking NYSC reg? I thought schools used to send the details of their out-going students to jamb. Can it still be rectified after it's been forwarded to jamb?

This is Nigeria.... You just need to know what's up and know people that can alter and make things happen. Avoid scammers because they will scam you when you need the help most.

(1) (Reply)

Copper Pouma In Niger Delta / How Safe Is Enugu For NYSC / In Need Of Help!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.