Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,800 members, 7,935,435 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Buying Less Than A Litre Of Petrol For More - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying Less Than A Litre Of Petrol For More (131 Views)

Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol / Nigeria Imported 4.79 Billion Liters Of Petrol In Q2 2018 – NBS / NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buying Less Than A Litre Of Petrol For More by jagtinic: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2022
It is disheartening that despite the economic situation in the land, some petrol station (due to scarcity that rest squarely on NNPCPLC) will sell petrol for about 280-350 which is well over the normal price.

What is even more vile is the fact some have adjusted their meters to sell less than a litre. Meaning one is paying more for less. This shows the level of wickedness in the land.

I remember some years ago, I bought fuel at a filling station along the Lekki-Epe expressway. I bought an amount that would have filled my tank then and I zoomed off. After a while I looked at the dash board and lo and behold my fuel gauge was about half tank. I felt maybe the gauge was malfunctioning until I spoke with my brother that stays in the neighborhood. And he mentioned that I should not have bought there, that they were notorious for adjusting their meter.

If they are notorious, how come they are still operational. Meaning the regulators "collect" and look away.

Many years after same still happens and it seems little or nothing is being done to stop it. We only hear of DPR going to a station, confirming they sell below the litre and life goes on without somebody going to jail for fraud. I believe we see it as normal. Apart from fines there should be jail time for doing such.

I believe if we have to list names of filling stations we will have a laundry list.

Seriously this needs to be checked.

(1) (Reply)

Ur Confort Is Our Goal...hit Us Up...xmas Promo Available / E-commerce Chemical Industry Where You Can Buy Cheaper And Resell / Buy 4 Top Iphone Latest 2023 Covers In Pakistan - Appleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.