Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,756 members, 7,879,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit (1431 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Leaving Church With Girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez Reveals How She Seduces Him / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Chinonye2022(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Georgina takes aim at Portugal boss after World Cup exit
Cristiano Ronaldo started on the bench as Portugal were dumped out of the World Cup by Morocco, prompting girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to hit out at manger Fernando Santos on Instagram

Georgina Rodriguez launched a fierce defence of Cristiano Ronaldo after her megastar boyfriend watched most of Portugal 's World Cup downfall from the bench.

Ronaldo was left out of the starting XI by manager Fernando Santos, as the Portuguese crashed out thanks to a shock 1-0 defeat to underdogs Morocco in their dramatic quarter-final clash on Saturday. The 37-year-old was first dropped ahead Tuesday's 5-1 round-of-16 victory over Switzerland after Santos took issue with his reaction to being substituted during their final group-stage match.

Rodriguez, who's been dating Ronaldo since 2015 and given birth to two of their children, wasted no time after the final whistle to voice her displeasure with Santos' decision. The message came shortly after her partner sulked down the tunnel in tears, having come on as a second-half substitute. "Today your friend and coach decided wrong," the Argentine model, 28, fumed an Instagram.

mirror
"That friend for whom so many words of admiration and respect you have. The same as when you got into the game, he saw how everything changed, but it was too late. You can't underestimate the best player in the world, his most powerful weapon. Nor can you stand up for someone that he doesn't deserve it. Life gives us lessons. Today we have not lost, we have learned. Cristiano, we admire you."

In a response to critics such as Rodriguez, Santos insists that he has no regrets over his decision. "No, I don't think so, no regrets," the 68-year-old affifmed post-match. "This was a team that played very well against Switzerland. Cristiano is a great player, he came in when we thought it was necessary. No, I have no regrets."

Have your say! Should Ronaldo have started for Portugal? Give us your verdict in the comments section.

Georgina Rodriguez made her feelings clear on Instagram
Georgina Rodriguez made her feelings clear on Instagram(Instagram/Georgina Rodriguez )
Cristiano Ronaldo was only used as a substitute by Fernando Santos
Cristiano Ronaldo was only used as a substitute by Fernando Santos(Michael Steele/Getty Images)
MOST READ

Bruno Fernandes responds to Portugal's painful World Cup exit as Cristiano Ronaldo in tears
Santos - who's now set to be sacked after eight years in charge, during which he turned Portugal into European champions - added: "I do not think that the criticism he faced had any impact on the match. We have always been a team that is very united.

"If we take two people that were the most upset about the game, perhaps it was Cristiano and myself. We are upset of course, it affects us, but it's part of the game as a coach and a player."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-georgina-rodriguez-portugal-28703383.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjay7X-kvH7AhXJDewKHeGyAiUQFnoECBUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2fTIy2LEAYFHNSEW9gxQrv

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Chinonye2022(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2022
This is ronaldo performance against Morocco

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2022
Ronaldo was benched as well when Portugal scored 6 goals in 1 match. It's not about Ronaldo, it's the Morrocan defence being impenetrable.

Sometimes people forget that coaches have their own reasons for doing certain things. Ronaldo isn't in his prime anymore and if he had started him, he wouldn't have had the right effect in the game.

Also, Morocco doesn't even has as much strikers as Portugal, their secret is their defensive formation and strategy.

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by JASONjnr(m): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2022
Lagos2Berlin:
Ronaldo was benched as well when Portugal scores 6 goals in 1 match. It's not about Ronaldo, it's the Morrocan defence being impenetrable.

Sometimes people forget that coaches have their own reasons for doing certain things. Ronaldo isn't in his prime anymore and if he had started him, he wouldn't have had the right effect in the game.

Also, Morocco doesn't even has as much strikers as Portugal, their secret is their defensive formation and strategy.

Morocco keeper is the best goal keeper in this tournament....

CR7 performance was excellent and his coming in on second half changed the game and I sensed lots of fear and miscalculation from the Morocco team....But their defence was tight...

From the beginning of the game, I noticed they played all forward and all defence....They wanted to end the match on a 90minutes play....And that was why they got tired from the first half....

CR7 is still my GOAT ahead of Messi....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by justicechichex: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2022
Abeg make she find somewhere go sidan. Them don go house be say dem don go.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by jimmyolasun: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2022
Eye service from the Argentine girlfriend.. person wey be say she still post yesterday with her secret number for Whatsapp status yesterday praising Messi and praying the win the world cup. She even post say true true her boyfriend naa benchnaldo, pendu.. chaii

Fear women cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by valETA1(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2022
JASONjnr:

Morocco keeper is the best goal keeper in this tournament....

CR7 performance was excellent and his coming in on second half changed the game and I sensed lots of fear and miscalculation from the Morocco team....But their defence was tight...

From the beginning of the game, I noticed they played all forward and all defence....They wanted to end the match on a 90minutes play....And that was why they got tired from the first half....

CR7 is still my GOAT ahead of Messi....

A goat u mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
I don't blame Santos, I would av benched CR7 after Ramos play against d swizz, but Ronaldo I would av played Ronaldo, Goncalo Ramos alongside each other at both flanks rather than substitute both of them, Santos needed all the firing power and u can't just bench the greatest player in d world , Santos made a wrong judgement here and but is all a gamble,

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
jimmyolasun:
Eye service from the Argentine girlfriend.. person wey be say she still post yesterday with her secret number for Whatsapp status yesterday praising Messi and praying the win the world cup. She even post say true true her boyfriend naa benchnaldo, pendu.. chaii

Fear women cool
does she mean to say she don't Messi and Argentina to win the worldcup? That is unpatriotic of her .

See that question I ask,anyhow she answer that question ,she go mess up.

If she say she is unpatriotic because of Ronaldo,she is traitor to her country Argentina

If she says she support Argentina,then she is fake .Ronaldo should kick her out.lols

They call that type of questions chess or "X and O"questions.

I for become lawyer but Nigeria happened to me.lol

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by donproject2(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
Letmehelpyou:
does she mean to say she don't Messi and Argentina to win the worldcup? That is unpatriotic of her .

See that question I ask,anyhow she answer that question ,she go mess up.

If she say she is unpatriotic because of Ronaldo,she is traitor to her country Argentina

If she says she support Argentina,then she is fake .Ronaldo should kick her out.lols

They call that type of questions chess or "X and O"questions.

I for become lawyer but Nigeria happened to me.lol

You just dey yarn jagbajagba
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend Georgina Blast Portugal Boss After World Cup Exit by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 12, 2022
donproject2:

You just dey yarn jagbajagba
talk your own

(1) (Reply)

Vince Mcmahon Dead? / Luiz Felipe Scolari Set To Be Appointed New Brazil Coach. / Satgurumaharajji " I Have Donated Afcon Cup To Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.