Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. (556 Views)

N82m, $36,000 Stolen In Kuje Prison During Attack Belong To Politicians / Allen Onyema Honoured By House Of Representatives - Air Peace Boss Reacts / 'We Were Hired By House of Reps Candidate' - Thug Confesses After Arrest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 10:35am On Dec 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tXZBt8zDA

Housemaid steals above 11,000 dollars from madam's safe.

They are the types shouting no money in circulation...
The dollar is scarce and high this and that...

Now, is the source of this money declared on her tax returns?

If not, is this not money laundering?

No country can attain greatness in the way and manners we conduct our affairs individually in this country.
We want to blame authorities all the time but failed to check ourselves on how we treat this country in our closet.
Now, im not saying that stealing is good...far from it and that thief of a house maid would face the full cause of her action legally but you see this madam, she has opened up to be scrutinized by the law too.
https://www.facebook.com/100003099490509/posts/pfbid0De5kmY73KUdj8qoP11EyEZB5TU1asAb9oBDBW87tJEQYxEEjmkw4CiQLbisSNMPyl/?app=fbl

Side Note: What Kind of Job or business is madam doing?.

Did she pay commiserate tax on the money?.

Is saving in dollars not contributing to scarcity of dollars?
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2022
Bitter OP

You are the kind of frustrated person holding this country down. Madam has done no wrong, she can keep money and personal property as she likes, it's legal.

2 Likes

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 10:49am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:
Bitter OP

You are the kind of frustrated person holding this country down. Madam has done no wrong, she can keep money and personal property as she likes, it's legal.
Bitter over what exactly? Hording dollar?
If it's a legal money, why evade the bank?

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
Bitter over what exactly? Hording dollar?
If it's a legal money, why evade the bank?

Is hoarding anything in Nigeria a crime? Show me where it's stated in the constitution.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by crossfire(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2022
Wow
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Wawelexy(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
Exactly.

The hediot that quoted me earlier apparently doesn't know that even in the US it's illegal to hord the currency

Na you go tell people where to keep their hard earn money? Nawa for you o

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 10:53am On Dec 11, 2022
abefele10111:
KEEPING SUCH AMOUNT OF MONEY AT HOME DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

It may not make sense because if the danger of theft and damage, but if it makes sense to her, she should do it.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 10:55am On Dec 11, 2022
Wawelexy:

Na you go tell people where to keep their hard earn money? Nawa for you o

My brother, the problem we have in Nigeria is with poor and bitter sadists. Sadly, they have also got into government, that's why someone shut the borders because he thinks it will hurt a segment of the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:
Bitter OP

FG proposes 2-year jail term for Nigerians hoarding dollars
wealth
AUTHOR:
TheCable
NOVEMBER 21, 2016 11:27 AM

The federal government is seeking to jail and fine people who hold dollars in cash for more than 30 days.

A draft published on the website of the Nigerian Law Reform Commission revealed that the government is seeking to amend Nigeria’s foreign exchange act.

According to the draft, the central bank will gain more power to control in and out flow of foreign currencies, especially the dollar in the wake of a foreign currency crisis.

It also proposes up to two years jail term or a fine of up to 20 percent of the amount being held for up to 30 days.

The draft says the measure is “for effective monitoring and control, and to ensure probity in foreign exchange transactions in Nigeria,” as existing law on foreign exchange is is currently “narrow in scope”.

There has been a major clamp down on dealers of forex in the black market.

Last week, officials of Department of State Security (DSS) arrested hawkers of foreign currency in Kano and Anambra.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/fg-proposes-2-year-jail-term-nigerians-hoarding-dollars/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjmi6ynpfH7AhUOQhoKHbGgAJkQFnoECC8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw01_iYZ1M2NFwXI2EHrctXS
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 10:59am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

It may not make sense because if the danger of theft and damage, but if it makes sense to her, she should do it.
It's actually an economic sabotage.
Ignorants like you are the ones causing our economy to nosedive

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2022
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by ObongBassey: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:
Bitter OP

I wouldn't be surprised if you're supporting Tinubu because a lot of you guys are ignorant.

So you don't know that hoarding of dollars is an economic sabotage?.

Why not save it in the bank if the money is genuine

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
It's actually an economic sabotage.
Ignorants like you are the ones causing our economy to nosedive

Please, state the sections of our constitution that makes it an economic sabotage. You cannot pick issues and stand against it on your own.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

A draft, or a law?

I will ask again, is hoarding anything in Nigeria a crime?
Now you are going for technicality.

Whether a bill/draft or law, the truth is that, hoarding of foreign currency, is an economic sabotage.

Even in foreign countries you would be taken in for questioning.

1 Like

Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2022
ObongBassey:
I wouldn't be surprised if you're supporting Tinubu because a lot of you guys are ignorant.

So you don't know that hoarding of dollars is an economic sabotage?.

Why not save it in the bank if the money is genuine

I asked a question, show me the sections of the constitution where the woman broke the laws of the land?

I am waiting.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
Now you are going for technicality.

Whether a bill/draft or law, the truth is that, hoarding of foreign currency, is an economic sabotage.

Even in foreign countries you would be taken in for questioning.

So, you're confirming that there is no known law against what the woman did?

Let's solve this issue one after the other.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
You cannot try a person with an offence unknown to the law.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:

The hediot that quoted me earlier apparently doesn't know that even in the US it's illegal to hord the currency

We watch videos everytime, Americans have safes in their houses, and they do keep their cash and other valuables at home everytine.

But we are talking about Nigeria now, is it against the law?
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

So, you're confirming that there is no known law against what the woman did?

Let's solve this issue one after the other.
Whereas, I'm not a lawyer and may not be able to cite relevant provisions of the constitutions or the money laundering prohibition acts that forbids currency hoarding, I think this article will help you.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.icirnigeria.org/efcc-threatens-to-arrest-dollar-hoarders-as-naira-hits-new-low/&ved=2ahUKEwj6ys_XqfH7AhVtgc4BHfIwDVoQFnoECCcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1lDlm9U2cUkpF5UNouE4xx

If it's not a crime, EFCC wouldn't threaten to go after dollar hoarders
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

We watch videos everytime, Americans have safes in their houses, and they do keep their cash and other valuables at home everytine.

But we are talking about Nigeria now, is it against the law?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.icirnigeria.org/efcc-threatens-to-arrest-dollar-hoarders-as-naira-hits-new-low/&ved=2ahUKEwj6ys_XqfH7AhVtgc4BHfIwDVoQFnoECCcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1lDlm9U2cUkpF5UNouE4xx

I have responded to you.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:

Whereas, I'm not a lawyer and may not be able to cite relevant provisions of the constitutions or the money laundering prohibition acts that forbids currency hoarding, I think this article will help you.

If it's not a crime, EFCC wouldn't threaten to go after dollar hoarders

What I read there, is just the attempts of the government to limit people's freedom, without a recourse to the existing laws of the land.

What EFCC are suggesting, may be illegal, and that's why I am pointing it out to you. You cannot use a news article to stand as a law that you quote on issues like this. Thank you.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2022
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

Are you now aware that Amerucans keep huge sums of money in their houses?
Stop running around the topic to evade the answers I gave. Why is EFCC going after dollar hoarders if it's not a crime in Nigeria?
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
Stop running around the topic to evade the answers I gave. Why is EFCC going after dollar hoarders if it's not a crime in Nigeria?

Why will the police search your phones on the road without a warrant if its not an offence in Nigeria grin
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

What I read there, is just the attempts of the government to limit people's freedom, without a recourse to the existing laws of the land.

What EFCC are suggesting, may be illegal, and that's why I am pointing it out to you. You cannot use a news article to stand as a law that you quote on issues like this. Thank you.
If you say EFCC is acting outside relevant provisions of the constitution or the money laundering prohibition acts of the agency, then you're wrong.

They would have been facing litigations by now
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

Why will the police search your phones on the road without a warrant if its not an offence in Nigeria grin
Because it's an act against the poor, but EFCC wouldn't dare go against BDC operators on non existing laws because they have the financial chest to prosecute their case
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by SLAP44: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2022
Supremos:
Because it's an act against the poor, but EFCC wouldn't dare go against BDC operators on non existing laws because they have the financial chest to prosecute their case

In both cases, there is no laws backing up the actions.
Re: Madam's $11,000 Stolen By House Help. by Supremos: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2022
SLAP44:

In both cases, there is no laws backing up the actions.
There's relevant acts that empowers EFCC go figure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is The Obliterated Ad Against Obi On Nairaland. Can't Seem To Find It. / . / BREAKING: This Is How I Intend To Eliminate Corruption - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.