Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament (5160 Views)

The Official Thread Of Warri Wolves FC Fans (the Seasiders) / Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Tennis: US Open 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by fredoooooo: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2011
Infront of my Tv box, 1979 black and white sony with a lucozade nylon used to give me colour   grin grin cheesy grin cheesy ready to watch The final ,
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by FOD(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2011
Stosur leads 5 -2 in the first set.

Serena has been serving so badly, while Sam has been serving and returning so well. When is Serena going to wake up?
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by dominique(f): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
Is the same serena that dazzled against wozniacki in yesterday's semi finals? Looks like she totally underestimated stosur, i'v not seen her play this bad in a while, just lost first set 6-2.
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by fredoooooo: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2011
1st set sam , game on
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by fredoooooo: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2011
sam won her 1st grandslam in style , great game by samantha stosur ,
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 12:28am On Sep 12, 2011
fredoooooo:

sam one her 1st grandslam in style , great game by samantha stosur ,
speechless
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by nawaforweo: 6:00am On Sep 12, 2011
BREAKING UPDATE: Stosur stuns Serena to win US Open.

In one of the most stunning upsets in US Open history, Australian Samantha Stosur shocked 13-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams, 6-2, 6-3, to win her first major title.

Stosur kept her composure to win 6-2, 6-3 as Williams erupted in anger at the chair umpire in the second set, dominating the 13-time Grand Slam champion who had reached the final without dropping a set.

She became the first Australian woman to take the title in New York since Margaret Court in 1973, and the first to win a Grand Slam since Evonne Goolagong won Wimbledon in 1980.

Read full story: http://ascology.com/news/sports/tennis/19993-Stosur-stuns-Serena-win-Open.html
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by A40(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
That Federer na rufe! senior rufe! infact na rufete! He may never win another GS if both Djokovic and Nadal dont get injured. Still backing my boy Nadal to enact revenge on Djokovic #11

I am a Serena fan but was disappointed by her display yesterday not cause she lost but cause she played poorly and tried to blame everyone but herself. Still love her though
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by member67023: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^LOL. Yea, she was cursing the umpire
1."Don't look at me",
2. "Aren't you the one who screwed me over last time?".
3. "If I see you in the corridor don't even walk past me, a code violation for expressing my opinion, we're in America, you're unattractive inside, "

The chair umpire was lucky to be far up and away from Serena. She may have slapped the umpire if the distance between them was shorter.
I remember her 2009 outburst on the line umpire.
She needs some anger management lessons,
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by FOD(m): 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2011
Does it mean no one is watching the men's finals?

Or y'all are just awed by Djokovic's taming of Nadal?

It would be a shame to see this match end in straight sets.
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2011
Omo Djokovic is taking Nadal to school
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by FOD(m): 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2011
Just like yesterday's women's final, it's so one-sided.

It's 6-4, 6-4, 3-2 at the moment.
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 12:45am On Sep 13, 2011
well seems like Nadal still has something to say
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 1:12am On Sep 13, 2011
The Djoker is obviously the better player today but fighting spirit still keeping Nadal in. If The Djoker holds his serve in this game, the match is over.
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 1:13am On Sep 13, 2011
undecided 3-0 in the 4th set, Nadal serving in the 4th game
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 1:23am On Sep 13, 2011
dayo Iberia still dey operate ? grin someone needs a flight back home grin
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by fredoooooo: 11:47am On Sep 13, 2011
aaaaaarggggggggg ko sele ri ,1st time ever i didnt even win any prediction in slam final , Is Djokovic the best player in the world today , my answer is YES
Edoyad good to know you are a real tennis fan , catch up with u nxt slam (Aussie 12) or the end of the year tournament in Turkey
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by A40(m): 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
Sometimes you just have to bow down to a nigga or wigga thats greater than you. Fairplay to Djoker it was his year no doubt
Re: Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament by edoyad(m): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
^ I have a feeling it might be his decade, or half decade.

fredoooooo:

aaaaaarggggggggg ko sele ri ,1st time ever i didnt even win any prediction in slam final , Is Djokovic the best player in the world today , my answer is YES
Edoyad good to know you are a real tennis fan , catch up with u nxt slam (Aussie 12) or the end of the year tournament in Turkey
grin Yes Bossh ! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo Returns Lost Phone To Group Of Hot Girls In Vegas And 100% Has Sex / I Am Not Igbo - Sunday Oliseh / Super Eagles Winger ,ahmed Musa Weds In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.