Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,691 members, 7,921,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:01 AM

Think And Research Before U Japa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Think And Research Before U Japa. (1311 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think And Research Before U Japa. by ibechris(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
Who no go, no know.

I lived close to 7years in USA ( Stratton Island and Dallas) and UK ( Coventry, Kent, Bristol and Durham) before I returned to a suburban area in South-South Nigeria.

I had my BRP Resident Permit and was on the verge of getting my ILR when I packed my kaya (belongings) one day and left for Naija ��.
Folks really think 'Vilage People " did a number on me. ��

I clearly understand what Frankleen is saying because I am a living example.
I was upwardly mobile before I relocated, back then.
I was driving a noughties Nissan Xterra and my spouse drove a Mazda SUV.
We had already changed cars three times.
I built our house in 2½years with my earnings. ( My guy in UK is paying mortgage on his house over the next 25years before he will fully own it.)
We were doing well but decided to leave because of 'the many wahala for Naija.'

My guys said "Come over, work full ground".
So I left my well-paying job as a dental surgeon and japa-ed without doing a thorough assessment of the pros and cons of such a move.

Long and short, the 'work wey full ground' were Care jobs, that is, to dey baff old people and clean dia yansh and change dia pampers.
To dey watch kolo people make dem no harm themselves.
Na to dey work for Amazon, ASDA, LIDL and ALDL.
Na to dey do security work ie stand for front of CCTV monitor for straight 8hours for MORRISONS!

I look my guy; " Bro, I be operating surgeon for Naija ooo".
Las las, I do car wash inside Winter. Leave dat thing.
I no baff dead body shaa. ��

Thank God say I no sell my present house after I sell many things dat time.
I almost sold it when I needed an extra £4000 for NHS Surcharge then.

Today, I'm back to my large compound.
In the undeveloped part, I planted maize, groundnut, tomatoes, pepper, okro, ugwu, bitter leaf and water leaf. I equally have a dwarf oil palm tree.
The tree has put many pots of banga soup on my dining table.�
I love dogs. I could not afford to own a big dog in the UK.
A Boerboel, Caucasian Shepherd and Rottweiler roam freely in my compound.
I sunk a borehole and have solar panels on my roof.
In my compound, I am king. That's enough for me.

True, it's not all bananas and pineapples living in current day Nigeria with the insecurity, lack of basic infrastructure and all but if you were born in this country and make a decent amount of money every month, you can still enjoy the quality of life that is a mere wish in the UK.

Be sure to do a constructive and logical analysis of your situation before you make the decision to relocate.
Never get emotional about it.

As for me, good or bad, Naija for life.��...

Written by Ohioma Ohioma
Olajide Abiola

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by intruder15(m): 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
You didn't say anything about your kids. Neither did you state your wife's view to you relocating back to south south.

You are a surgeon which is hot cake anywhere in the world. Which makes your story incomplete.

Several missing pieces.

5 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by ArcFresky(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
Lol, you don’t know Nigerians shaa, they will come for you with hate.

You are accurate, its only people that experienced it that will know wassup, unfortunately they won’t say the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by aycapri(m): 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
I don’t know why people come on here to advise people but indirectly discouraging them, it is their decision. What works for Mr A may not work for Mr B. Abroad is not meant for the person who did this write-up. The people around me who have traveled are not doing bad and none of them has decided to come back and stay in Naija for now.

1 Like

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Thortp(m): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Lies!!!
I was reading the epistle until I got to the Dental Surgeon part. Maybe you think we are gullible like you.
Even Nurses earn at least £25/hr in UK.

You better tell people the truth about your migration process

7 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Thortp(m): 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
Probably one of the illegal immigrants.
Lies all over the rant
intruder15:
You didn't say anything about your kids. Neither did you state your wife's view to you relocating back to south south.

You are a surgeon which is hot cake anywhere in the world. Which makes your story incomplete.

Several missing pieces.

1 Like

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Thortp(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Please argue with facts.
Engage me when ready with facts and links for confirmation.
ArcFresky:
Lol, you don’t know Nigerians shaa, they will come for you with hate.

You are accurate, its only people that experienced it that will know wassup, unfortunately they won’t say the truth.
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Bossman(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
It's highly likely this person was illegal. In that case, it's best to return to Nigeria. A legal immigrant that's a Dental Surgeon will do extremely well in the US/UK.

4 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Ajens1991: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
This OP is an agent from the powers that be, to discourage people from looking for succour outside Nigeria.

Bros, you no impress me with your write-up at all... All the, same abeg send me one Bunch of banga make I take see front first, eye dey turn ooo.
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Ifakiland(m): 2:52am On Dec 13, 2022
ibechris:
Who no go, no know.

I lived close to 7years in USA ( Stratton Island and Dallas) and UK ( Coventry, Kent, Bristol and Durham) before I returned to a suburban area in South-South Nigeria.

I had my BRP Resident Permit and was on the verge of getting my ILR when I packed my kaya (belongings) one day and left for Naija ��.

I built our house in 2½years with my earnings. ( My guy in UK is paying mortgage on his house over the next 25years before he will fully own it.)

So I left my well-paying job as a dental surgeon and japa-ed without doing a thorough assessment of the pros and cons of such a move.

Long and short, the 'work wey full ground' were Care jobs, that is, to dey baff old people and clean dia yansh and change dia pampers.
Na to dey do security work ie stand for front of CCTV monitor for straight 8hours for MORRISONS!

In the undeveloped part, I planted maize, groundnut, tomatoes, pepper, okro, ugwu, bitter leaf and water leaf. I equally have a dwarf oil palm tree.

True, it's not all bananas and pineapples living in current day Nigeria with the insecurity, lack of basic infrastructure and all but if you were born in this country and make a decent amount of money every month, you can still enjoy the quality of life that is a mere wish in the UK.

Be sure to do a constructive and logical analysis of your situation before you make the decision to relocate.

Written by Ohioma Ohioma
Olajide Abiola
If you be surgeon why you no do plab exam dey work for hospital....u no get sense you think na pikin you dey lie for abi? Mumu

5 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Ifakiland(m): 2:54am On Dec 13, 2022
Thortp:
Lies!!!
I was reading the epistle until I got to the Dental Surgeon part. Maybe you think we are gullible like you.

No mind thr fool, I've never heard a doctor saying he is doing care job in the uk or that he's broke....doctor earn atleast 45k yearly

2 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by sotall(m): 4:00am On Dec 13, 2022
cool
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2022
it didn't work for u and u came back there's no crime there. But me personally I don't like UK I prefer Canada or US.
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Conte144(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
Lies written all over this post.

In all, people gotta do what's best for them.

1 Like

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Kenn55: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2022
Most stories we read on nairaland are half truths and incomplete stories.

When I moved abroad and decided to do some factory hustling for few months while waiting for my school to resume, my colleague in Nigeria who I told I was working in a factory went and broadcasted it in my former company that I am now a factory worker and they mocked me. I became a case study of why not to quit ya job and move abroad. Thank God I didn't tell him my plans and allowed them to fool themselves. I had wanted to tell him but he burst into laughter immediately I told him I was doing a menial job in the factory so I kept my mouth shut.

I went back to school, did an IT course, graduated and got a good professional job and my career took off. It took me 2 and half years from the day I left naija to when I settled professionally, I followed a plan and paid my dues. When my colleague saw my updates on LinkedIn, he was shocked and said I deceived him. But do you know he didn't go back to my former colleagues in the company to tell them I wasn't doing factory job after all?

Right now, the only thing most people in my former office in naija know about me is that initial story that I'm a factory worker abroad and a lot of them will be using it as a basis to make their own decision. It is possible that some have created a nairaland thread of how their colleague left his job in naija and packing cartons in a factory abroad grin without knowing the full story and people will believe. This is the danger of stories you read on this forum, you only hear a part of the story.

I only worked in factory for 3 months cos I didn't want to spend the money I came with from Nigeria. Why will I spend my hard earned naira converted to dollars when I can get a low key job that can pay my bills. I'm a humble man and I'm not trying to please anyone so why not.

The summary of the whole thing is don't make decisions based on what you read here. Some of these stories are incomplete and not the full picture

13 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Focusmind: 5:51am On Dec 14, 2022
Nigerians and jealousy!!

Lots of Nigerians, especially the wealthy are jealous of the people traveling out to improve their lives. The rich and the privileged wants to see the struggling ones and those they are better off remains in Nigeria and worship them.

In companies, some top ogas that are in their late 40s and mid 50s, with lower chances of adapting abroad, gets jealous once they see any of their lower staff in their 20s or 30s resigns to travel abroad. They instantly gets jealous, insecure and start forming adviser on why they should not travel and remain in Nigeria so that they will continue to take the nonsense and the typical naija show-off from them

If you are struggling here and very uncertain about your future and career, please japa. The future uncertainties in Nigeria much.

3 Likes

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Kobicove(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thortp:
Lies!!!

You're too quick to jump to conclusion...the writer said he was a surgeon in Nigeria not in the UK.

I;m very sure you know that being a dental surgeon in Nigeria does not automatically qualify you to practice same immediately you relocate to the U.K!
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Thortp(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
It's better to keep quiet on what you dont know. Always try to ask questions, it helps.
Now search your Internet on what they called PLAB
Kobicove:

You're too quick to jump to conclusion...the writer said he was a surgeon in Nigeria not in the UK.

I;m very sure you know that being a dental surgeon in Nigeria does not automatically qualify you to practice same immediately you relocate to the U.K!
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
I just have this stubborn behaviour even if dem tell me say lion dey one place I dey like go the place make I see am with my two retina grin

1 Like

Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Sweetvie: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Interesting
Dental surgeon? Interesting grin
Dude, did you make use of ur cert there?
Oh! U ain't even qualified until PLAB test
Dude, you're a hot cake you just missed your chance smiley
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by Sweetvie: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Niftkid:
I just have this stubborn behaviour even if dem tell me say lion dey one place I dey like go the place make I see am with my two rectina grin
grin grin grin
Re: Think And Research Before U Japa. by CHIGIM: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2022
We are almost on the same page.
Foe me I hate standing close to those whites they irritate me.
I hate them natural.
ibechris:
Who no go, no know.

Written by Ohioma Ohioma
Olajide Abiola

(1) (Reply)

American Visitting Visa / Info On Dual Citizenship / Did Patience Jonathan Closure Of Air-strip Cause The Dana Airplane To Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.