Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker (4793 Views)

Gay Ex-Councillor Claims To Have Slept With An Arsenal Striker / BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea Ar Set 2 Complete D Signing Of Hulk / Arsenal Set To Sign Park Chu Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by apoti(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2011
Arsenal Confirms The Signing Of South Korean Captain - J. Y. Park

Arsenal Football Club can confirm they have agreed to sign striker Chu Young Park from AS Monaco.

The 26-year-old South Korea captain scored 25 times in 91 appearances for the French club during three seasons in Ligue 1.

The one-time Asian Young Footballer of the Year made his debut for the South Korea senior side at just 19, and played in both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. He replaced the retired Ji Sung Park as captain of the national team earlier this year.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to have signed Chu. He will add true quality to our attacking forces and will be a valuable addition to the squad.”

Chu Young Park said: "I am very honoured and I feel very happy to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to be here and I am really proud to be an Arsenal player. Now I just want to show how good I am and prove myself.

"In my opinion this is a great club, now I have to show what I can do on the pitch. I will do my best, I will never give up, I will show heart, I will give everything and I hope [the fans] will support me."

The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes.

Chu Young Park will wear the No 9 shirt at Arsenal. The striker prefers to be known as 'Ju' and will therefore have J. Y. Park as his shirt name.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-sign-striker-chu-young-park
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by dipo1: 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
What does it mean to say "have agreed to sign", when the player question is already in a Arsenal jersey?
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by usbcable(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2011
another player to use Arsenal as a stepping stone to greater heights(better clubs/better pay/better ambitions)
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Somagirl(f): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2011
I am not one to watch football but recently all my Arsenal fans have become depressed and on the verge of surrendering their Gunna glories!

Thus on behalf of those people may this player bring back hope. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Osama10(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2011
We need more quality mid-fielders. cool
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by dipo1: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2011
usbcable:

another player to use Arsenal as a stepping stone to greater heights(better clubs/better pay/better ambitions)

At the age of 26? Does it make sense to you that a player at that age would be stepping stones?
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by omidun: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2011
i hope this player will be able to solve our problem and arsene wenger should try and sign midfielders and defenders becos we are having a lt of problem in those areas especially the defense line djorou should be sent to the reserve team he is not fit to be on the bench talk less of the first team.
to all my fellow gunners don't worry it will be well
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 31, 2011
If them like, make them sign Jackie Chan. Cheapskates. The best they can get this season is 5th or 6th place.
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Airtimex(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2011
no time gunners angry
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by itiswell1(m): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2011
Time will tell.
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by wallosky: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
proO1:

If them like, make them sign Jackie Chan. Cheapskates. The best they can get this season is 5th or 6th place.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Nosyke(m): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
proO1:

grin grin grin grin, or even Jet Li grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by enomakos(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
gonners
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by denitro(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
Up Gunners
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by mygee33(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
IMO, you guys need more than one signing to bring you up to speed. What if he has injury tomorow or get 5 match bann. , Problem just extended, not sloved.
Good thing though !
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by sampeter(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
grin grin grin grin season film 1 Arsene wenger pushed to the wall 2. signing Jakie chan, sorry Jet Li. grin grin grin grin even if he signs Hussein Bolt Arsenal's position is 8th this season or worse. Its easy to pull down but difficult to build. Well good luck to Chu young park
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by eros(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
Gunners are done. They either sack Arsene Wanger or keep wasting money.
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by allday(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
Arsenal is a great team and will always be, am just kinda worried is Winger wish to taste religation before he retires, am a united fan, and 8-2, is a kick in the balls, grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by sley4life(m): 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
it wont stop them from going relegation
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Osama10(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
Why are you guys so bothered about about ARSENAL?

If they go to relegation is their own cup of tea, why the worry guys?
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by axeman10(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
quote:i hope this player will be able to solve our problem and arsene wenger should try and sign midfielders and defenders becos we are having a lt of problem in those areas especially the defense line djorou should be sent to the reserve team he is not fit to be on the bench talk less of the first team.
to all my fellow gunners don't worry it will be well

Not to worry, Prof. Wenger's got him cos he's got the work rate of 'Park' and the skills of 'Young' cheesy wink
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Dsage1: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
Only d worst teams dat asenal can defeat dis season.Signing chinco wey fit get injury in d next few matchs.Dem go beat dem tired b4 d new transfer market opened.
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by vislabraye(m): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
The guy would play well. . end of story.
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Myself2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
Oh was it J.S Park,I thougth it was Ban Ki Moon that Wenger signed
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by dramenda(f): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
[quo
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Nymphnode(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
Myself2:

Oh was it J.S Park,I thougth it was Ban Ki Moon that Wenger signed

No be only Ban Ki Moon, na Banky W,
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by GP15: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2011
Park Ji Sung + Ashley Young = Chu Young Park

Park Ji Sung + Ashley Young = Park Chu Young[b][/b]
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by destiny10: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
arsenal signings are becoming a threat see all of them at   thetopfootball..com
chelsea and liverpool as well
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Texther(m): 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
proO1:

u bad ooo
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by Yewe2011(m): 1:42am On Sep 02, 2011
who?
Re: Arsenal Confirms Signing Of Chu Young Park - South Korean Striker by jsmogz: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2011
it doesn't change anything even if they sign the foot ball wizard lionel messi ---------u nited will still trash them---lol :d smiley

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Bolton [4 - 2] On Wednesday, 20th Jan / Oldham Atletic Vs Liverpool - FA Cup - (3 - 2) On 27th January 2013 / Chelsea Vs Swansea City (4 - 1) On 24th September 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.