Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,008 members, 7,976,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:31 PM

Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment (12488 Views)

Court Vacates Order To Arrest EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / Abba Kyari Suspended By IGP Baba Usman / Ugochukwu Uba Loses As Court Vacates Order, Recognises Ozigbo As PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by cunny88(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
Constablepatr:

Because you want someone else father to go to prison and doesn’t now we have a different democracy what if it someone close to you ? Would it have been a different democracy
but he disobeyed a court order, the question is if me a common man does d same, my ass would be in jail for a longer time
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by joseandgreat: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
A good thing or bad?
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Iceberg3: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Well does that means he's already an ex convict?! grin

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Constablepatr: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
cunny88:
but he disobeyed a court order, the question is if me a common man does d same, my ass would be in jail for a longer time

You sound absolutely right my BROTHER
God bless me and you AMEN

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by izubext007: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
The law is for the poor ������
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by lordtriplee(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
You live in a country that thrives on disregard for the rule of law. The judge is totally right to issue such order. It didn’t make a joke of the judiciary but should make us question how we enforce our laws. Even police chiefs in the western world get arrested by other police officers.

The DSS could have made that arrest. Contempt of court should never be tolerated. Normal societies normally hold public officials to a higher moral standard because we expect them to represent us.

booblacain:
That order was dumb in the first place. It did nothing but make a joke of the Judiciary. Why give an order that you and everybody else know will amount to nothing.

If the goal was to embarrass the IG and to show that he is not bigger that the court, a warning would have achieved that. Now all you did was achieve the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by 2blessed01(m): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
Just as expected...
Am sure none of are suprise grin grin
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Classic40: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by UNDFTD: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
What a joke! I feel sorry for those of you who still believe in this hopeless country!
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
To the best of my knowledge. Current IGP Baba is the first Inspector General of Police that will be sentence to prison while serving as IG.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by PeterObi4LP: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nigeria is a � banana republic.
God bless President Peter Obi.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by dawood5solomon: 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
As usualAs usual...
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Burgerlomo: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Who go carry out the order?
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by litaninja(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nigerians will decide if they want to continue this way. It appears that some people are above the law of the land.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Indispensable85(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
Who be dey expect IGP to go prison before? Mtcheeew
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Rolings: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
JoeNL22:
Hope there's nothing fishy about this case.

Obi.....hope you are taking note?

You must not show fear or favour when dispensing your duties as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Your administration must maintain law and order for a bright and better Nigeria.

What are you saying.
The order of the court is that IGP be commuted to prison until the earlier order is complied with.....why do you still want the IGP imprisoned when he has complied with the earlier order and reinstated the policeman wrongfully dismissed.
Some of you don't know how the law works....if PO is president he won't do jack to IGP so long as he did the needful
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by erospecial: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
Our lawyers and judges are the true shame of education and elitecy in Nigeria
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by eni406: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
we know he no go go prison we know he no go go prison ...
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by JoeNL22(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
Rolings:

What are you saying.
The order of the court is that IGP be commuted to prison until the earlier order is complied with.....why do you still want the IGP imprisoned when he has complied with the earlier order and reinstated the policeman wrongfully dismissed.
Some of you don't know how the law works....if PO is president he won't do jack to IGP so long as he did the needful
I understand you. But judging from the report. The judge's attitude towards the case is the bone of contention for me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities / Obi, Edeoga Greatest Casualties Of Nigeria’s 2023 Electoral Fraud – Labour Party / 15-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Gwarimpa, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.