Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,198 members, 7,943,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

Labour Party Chieftain, Agbajelola Suraj Alleges Threat To Life In Lagos - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Labour Party Chieftain, Agbajelola Suraj Alleges Threat To Life In Lagos (388 Views)

How Is Life In Kaduna? / Career Path To Follow : Preparing yourself for the Labour Market / Life In Jigawa State As A Corp Member & Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Chieftain, Agbajelola Suraj Alleges Threat To Life In Lagos by Jimsonjaat96(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
A chieftain of the Labour Party (LP) in Lagos State, Agbajelola Suraj Kunle has raised the alarm that his life was under threat for his consistent support for the party and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

According to Agbajelola, the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is the masterminds of the threats.

Addressing a press conference at his private residence at No 86, Bamgbose street, Lagos Island, on Tuesday, 13th of December 2022, he disclosed that he had received several threat messages on his mobile phone in the last two weeks by anonymous persons.

Agbajelola said the matter has been duly reported to the Nigeria Police Force.

"The APC and their cohorts have been threatening to send thugs to my house to kill and maim me because I support Labour Party, Peter Obi and Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the party's gubernatorial candidate in Lagos. I want it to be on record that if anything happens to me, they should be held responsible. Even though Peter Obi has not been elected president, I am aware that my life is in danger. I'm not at odds with anyone. I don’t have problem with anybody.

" The fact that the APC presidential candidate is from Lagos they don't permit any other parties to campaign. But the truth is that they (the APC government) failed their own political manifestoes. We are now witnessing insecurity vis-a-vis kidnappings and killings, economic inflations and others.

"I have been a member of Labour Party for donkey years now. I believe that Peter Obi is the messiah the country needs. He is the only one who can salvage this country from the APC government bad leadership. I thank my followers who followed me to the new party from Zone to wards. I appreciate their support and prayers.

"We are being warned by APC thugs not to organise walks or demonstrations for the Labour Party here by receiving death threats and being attacked virtually every day. Their claims to have popular majority is now being contested. Although they now hold the majority, Nigerians are sick with the status quo and want change. We won't give up until we see change,

"Recall that a few days ago, unknown gunmen killed the women leader of the Labour Party (LP), Victoria Chintex in Kaura LG of Kaduna State.

"Just a few days ago too, several people were injured when hoodlums alleges to be sponsored by the ruling All Progressive Congress(APC) attacked the Labour Party's rally in the Lakowe town area of Lekki, in this same Lagos.

"This incident caused pandemonium in the area as people were seen scampering for safety and running for their lives.

"Another one was a viral video that showed some people of the Igbo extraction being molested while attempting to collect their PVCs in Ojo Local Government Area, Lagos State by some political thugs believed to be loyal to the leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

"This is a bad trend that must stop. Chairman of the Labour Party in Lagos State, Kayode Salako, has continuously condemned the recent attack and continued intimidation of the party’s supporters. He tells them that the Labour Party and Peter Obi’s Campaign Organisation are a democratic movement and no member should be molested.

"The APC's formal adoption of violent attacks against LP presidential candidate support organizations around the nation was becoming more and more obvious every day. We decry this trend as being wholly reprehensible and the rising acts of violence committed by some APC members in the majority of the states the party controls," he said.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With Jamb Regularisation!! / Dfgvxdfchbcgfvb / Redeployment Still On For 2016 Batch B Stream 1 And 2 Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.