Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,378 members, 7,978,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:55 PM

Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? (1002 Views)

Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Do You Want To Be Nollywood's Next Movie Star? Then Check Out These Auditions / Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by amaechi007(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
Do you want to be a movie star? This then is for you. . .

Strictly for Stars Limited is offering you the opportunity to become a star in the movie world with us.

To be a member, send the following to: stictlyforstars@yahoo . com
1. full names
2. age
3. sex
4. location
5. phone number
6. email address
7. scanned copies of passport & full size photographs

All mails must be sent to us on or before 8th of November 2011 to enable us complete compilation for Auditioning and training for the production of our long awaited movie this November.

For further information call: Amaechi - 08186097936
Emmanuel - 07042909217

Thank you
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
WARNING!!!!!!!!!
NOBODY SHOULD SEND THEIR DETAILS, PASSPORT COPY ETC TO THIS PERSON, AS YOU WOULD CERTAINLY REGRET IT DEARLY!!!!!

there is no need to send all these details to become a movie star, the poster is either a very stoopid scammer trying to rob your details or someone who doesnt know what they are talking about!!!!
[size=14pt]
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by amaechi007(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2011
I should suggest strongly that you stay away practically from what you do not believe in or know about.

The said company is duly registered in Nigeria, the numbers posted are duly registered as directed by the Nigerian Authorities and the poster is the MD/CEO of the company.

This is an approved medium to reach out and is been used appropriately as directed.

kindly take caution and remove this panic warning by you or re-address the public accordingly or i will take it up as violation of my rights and get you.

Thank you

Amaechi Ilukwe
MD/CEO: STRICTLY FOR STARS LIMITED
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 30, 2011
YOU Mr, should be the one removing your garbage post and doing whats right?! so far you are acting like any SCAMMER would and i MUST warn people.
yeah right, as if mobile phone numbers were anything to believe in. . . . . . . how stoopid do you think people are?!

who in his right mind demand that EVERYONE (whether good or bad actor) send their details, passport copy etc. THIS IS A DAMN SCAM!

if you'd know anything about the industry Mr Scammer, you would know that you FIRST do a casting call and when you find the right applicants/actor, you ask them for their private details, NOT BEFORE. who in his right mind would go through all the stress to collect information about people that they may NEVER use: A SCAMMER OUT TO COLLECT PEOPLE'S INFOS TO DUPLICATE PASSPORTS; DEFRAUD THEIR BANK ACCOUNT ETC.
[size=14pt]
WARNING SCAM ALERT WARNING SCAM ALERT!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by SisiKill1: 12:21am On Aug 31, 2011
@MRbrownJay
He's not asking for a copy of their passport, I believe it's a copy of their Passport Photographs (the way he worded it is confusing but I'm sure that's what he means) Honestly, what he is asking isn't unusual. . . .actors send their headshots including their contact information to casting companies all the time. These headshots are sometimes the first step to getting call backs for auditions and if lucky finally being cast. Ideally, doing a casting call is the way to go but we're talking Naija here. . . when has the ideal ever been the norm?  cheesy

Also going the headshot route saves time and money and a lot of small companies who are aren't financially buoyant  to organize a casting event for hundreds and thousands of people take this route. They pick the "look" they are looking for and then keep their fingers crossed it comes with talent. cheesy (He also mentioned training, which gives credence to the whole looks first, talent later theory)

I'm in no way saying this can't be a scam. . .alls I'm saying is the basis on which you are calling him out doesn't really hold water.
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 31, 2011
amaechi007:

7.    scanned copies of passport & full size photographs

so far thats what he wants and thats DEFINITELY what he doesnt need as any scammer could use that to defraud anyone etc.

yes you are right this is NOT the west but this guy clearly is having it all upside down (or is an unwise scammer):
A) if people must send their scanned passport page then he will surely have all the info he is requiring (full name, age, Sex) so why does he demand for the information again?

B) people SHOULD NOT send their private infos to people online without CONCRETE proof of who they are sending it to. (casting, office, professionals etc) if scammer has full name/address/passport copy etc, scammer can surely do some great damage!

C) company with no fix number, no address, no website, NOTHING? yeah right!!!!

D)  read carefully what he wrote: All mails must be sent to us on or before 8th of November 2011 to enable us complete compilation for Auditioning and training for the production of our long awaited movie this November. so if i clearly understand him, the audition is AFTER the 8th of November, while production starts in November. . . . . . . . . . so when will the acting training for that production take place?! SCAM ALERT!!!!!
does he even knows what it takes to teach someone to act?
Re: Strictly For Stars Limited - Do You Want To Be A Movie Star? by SisiKill1: 2:24am On Aug 31, 2011
Lmao! Come on man! It's like saying. . .oh off the top of my head. . .Inside and Outside Voices as opposed to saying Inside Voice and Outside Voice, why be redundant?  cheesy

There some things we don't know about this movie like . .
1) The length of the movie. . .It could be a short (30 mins or less)
2) How large or small the cast and crew is.
3) Where it's been shot

Certainly you'd agree these things would help us determine how quickly the movie can be produced. Like I said earlier, not everyone is particular about talent so it could be that they don't care much about having Oscar winning performances. . .all they want is the wham bam learn your lines (that's if they even have a script) thank you ma'am type production, so two weeks is sufficient enough for them to train and be ready for production by the end of the month.

Again we are talking Naija here. . .haven't you heard how long it takes them to shoot full length movies? Do you think if they worried about the little things that keep their American counterparts awake, like budgets, regimented shooting schedules, sound, editing, pre-production stuff like location scouting, talent scouting (I coulda written Location and Talent Scouting there but I didn't wanna confuse ya tongue), we'll have the craptistic movies they flood the markets with every two weeks? Hmmm?

Still doesn't hold water.  cheesy

Note to OP - next time write Passport Photograph and Full Size photograph so you don't get branded a scammer.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Number Portability Adverts.what Do You Think? / Nigerian Interracial Youtube Vlogger / Video: Jackie Chan Speak Pidgin, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo On His Movie In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.