Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,704 members, 7,879,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:21 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (742103 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2031) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡ U.S. and Niger begin discussions about the "orderly withdrawal" of U.S. forces from the country — Politico

Run run mf run lol

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡The European Union on Monday frustrated Ukraine’s urgent plea for more air defence capabilities by failing to come up with concrete commitments at a meeting of foreign and defence ministers.

“We can prevent the worst-case scenarios if we act together and without fear. We need concrete and bold decisions today,” Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba told his EU counterparts via videolink.

“Now that you are all here at the table, it’s time to act, not to debate.”

Ukraine has asked for seven additional US-made Patriot air defence systems capable of shooting down Russia’s hypersonic missiles — but is keen to get any help it can.

So far only Germany has answered Kyiv’s call by saying it would send an extra Patriot system to Ukraine.

Several EU nations possess the systems, including Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain and Sweden.

Patriots SAM shooting down hypersonic missiles when they can't even shoot down ordinary KH-101 cruise missiles is the fattest rambling of the year. cool

8 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡Zelensky:

"Putin is very afraid of us". Believe me, “Putin is very afraid of us. I am sure about that. He himself is an insecure person.

Confident people with a large army, a large territory, a great power with such resources, the world is not threatened by nuclear weapons. For me, the psychotype of this type is absolutely clear" - Zelensky

Elenksy just succeeded in describing himself. cool

A true mental case.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:03pm On Apr 22
WrriterNg:

I just tire. They're very good at hiding their casualty figures. Ukranians learnt from them.

Missile strikes on a 10 story residential building but only 1 wounded.

Donald Trump once said that hundreds of people die from each of those Russian strikes on high rise buildings in Ukraine, even though they claim no one was hurt.

🤡 🤡 🤡

Exactly bro.
Only God knows what US and isreal have been hiding for so long.
Back in the days when I was always swallowing all isreal's propagandas, you will hear in the news IDF killed 50 Hamas but 2 isrealis soldiers died and 1 wounded.
Then there will be the boasting that IDF as so trained that for every 1 IDF that dies, 30 Hamas are dead.
Like a1 to 30 ratio and I will be wondering if those rebels are actually that dumb but now, I don't believe their figures again.
Believe me, since October 7, isrealis soldiers that would have died in Gaza will be close to 5,000 and may wounded.
How will you tell me about 1000 tanks are destroyed yet only 140 IDF died? It doesn't make sense because each tank always have a crew of atleast 3/4 inside plus many infantries around it guiding it from attack.
So a tank bombed with rpg will likely take minimum of 5 soldiers with it times the number of tanks blown.
Add up other attacks, those killed in buildings,those cleared in traps etc and you will be amazed at isreal's loss.
This is the reason they have been angry and going all out to kill Palestine civilians because they are suffering huge casualties

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fighttillvictory: 8:05pm On Apr 22
lanre316:

Stop bitching about your government like an ingrate child who can't see beyond what's in front of him. Be a smart Nigerian youth. The creators of Andella, Paystack and Piggyvest were mostly likely younger than you and they excelled in the same Nigeria.

Let me repeat my point no 4 slowly and boldly:

You can determine your future. As bad as our economy is, many smart youths are taking advantage of IT, freelancing, E-commerce, content creation, agribusiness value chain businesses and other business to find success instead of bitching about the government. North Koreans don't have that luxury.
so all north korea comp are govt initiative? Common is that sense making to you

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:06pm On Apr 22
stanluiz:
I don't think it is possible.

It will be very hard to eliminate US dollar on international trade and transaction.

China biggest trade partner Is America not even Russia. China can't risk their biggest trading partner. It will affect their economy.

And what if their biggest trade partner is still their biggest enemy looking for their downfall in every way, will you still keep trading with him strengthening him?
Is your economy more important than your own survival? When life is on the line
Is he not who survive that will think of economy?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:09pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡The Biden administration is preparing a larger-than-normal package of military aid for Ukraine that will include armored vehicles, in addition to urgently needed artillery and air defenses, according to two U.S. officials - Politico

They will all be burnt in Ukraine

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:13pm On Apr 22
seunny4lif:

Maybe you but anyone that as been following the relationship between Russia and Iran since those drones deal knew that Iran got something bigger and better in return.

Those drones saved Russia military billion of dollars because instead of wasting billions on missiles, the drones costed is very cheap.

Iran and NK got Russia technology transfer, everyone gain.
Where it sealed it all is when Iran attacked Israeli directly from homeland, nobody has ever tried that, we are talking about over 100 drones and missiles combined.

You don’t do that to Israeli without something better behind it

To me,I think this issue of nuclear bombs don't really carry much weight again.
The US has a bunker bomb that is designed to blow up whatever bunker or hole all your bombs are.
So to me it makes no much sense if all the bombs you have can be blown off wherever you keep them with bunker bombs.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriiterNg: 8:17pm On Apr 22
emmaodet:

The US has a bunker bomb that is designed to blow up whatever bunker or hole all your bombs are.
So to me it makes no much sense if all the bombs you have can be blown off wherever you keep them with bunker bombs.

Russia, China, North Korea all possess such bombs too.

Earth penetrating nukes or bunker busting bombs.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriiterNg: 8:19pm On Apr 22
⚡Denmark will transfer ALL its remaining F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine after re-equipping with F-35s.

As of 2023, Denmark had 44 F-16AM and F-16BM fighters, of which 24 aircraft were sold to Argentina in April 2024.

Thus, Denmark will transfer a total of 19 F-16 fighters to Ukraine in several batches without a specific deadline.

Western countries agreed to transfer to Ukraine only about 65 F-16 fighters in various modifications, among which, in addition to 19 aircraft from Denmark, there should be 24 aircraft from the Netherlands and 22 from Norway.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Lighthammer(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22
WrriterNg:
⚡China cancelled one million tons of wheat orders from Australia and half a million ton from the United States as it chose to purchase from Russia instead - the largest cancellation of wheat orders in recent years.
good one

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:22pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:

Russia, China, North Korea all posses such bombs too.

Earth penetrating nukes or bunker busting bombs.

Na waaaaaaa.

With the way things are going, these guys will destroy the world.

I guess it is the same bomb they want to use to create another channel for isreal so as to avoid using the Suez canal during houthis attack.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:27pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡IRAN AND SANCTIONS:

2010: “Don’t sell weapons to Iran, they are under sanctions.”

2024: “Don’t buy weapons from Iran, they’re under sanctions.”

grin grin grin

Confused people

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 8:29pm On Apr 22
emmaodet:

Na waaaaaaa.

With the way things are going, these guys will destroy the world.

I guess it is the same bomb they want to use to create another channel for isreal so as to avoid using the Suez canal during houthis attack.

LOL. Are you just realizing this. 😂😂😂

The thousands of nuclear warheads between USA and Russia alone is enough to destroy each and every city on earth. By the time real WW3 happens, it won't matter who is pro-West or anti-West; who is right or wrong, everybody will lose. No winner. That's why they call it MAD - mutually assured destruction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by nigeriansamurai(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22
Appleyard:

Knockouts. cool
that topi guy no sabi even en name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:43pm On Apr 22
seunny4lif:

Over 200B have been spent on Ukraine.
Those money goes back to USA elites and USA government, reason USA government always spend money on war.
Within the next 2 months they will inform Ukraine that the money has finished, that’s how USA law makers can be rich.
Since FBI will arrest any corrupt politician, funding war is the way out.
USA government have billions of dollars weapons that need to be sold, they need to fund war to sell them.
They are overpriced weapons but they employed over 500K workers .
USA need conflicts around the world to function, reason they operate more militarily based more than anyone. They are the Roman Empire of our time.
Same method
One of the biggest economy in the world yet have no free medical healthcare, no free tuition.

Russia have all those and same goes for all the advanced countries.

So also, war and selling weapons have always been ways US prop up her economy by trying to balance her trade deficit.
In the absence of war and weapons to sell, the lifestyle of the US, the hourly pay of workers and so many more is not sustainable and they will always have a huge trade deficit with other manufacturing countries.
So to balance the trade, they have to create wars and supply if possible both sides weapons, give aids etc and all these money are -
1. Not leaving the shores of US. It will reflect in their trade balance that they used those money to produce weapons and aids supplied to the fighting parties thereby allowing them to write off some deficits.
2. The supplied parties eg. Ukraine after the war would have to pay back for yearssssssss a money she actually not received, rather an over priced weapon she now needs to start paying back with physical resources like oil, grains, uraniums etc.
3. Most destroyed areas would be reconstructed by American companies and allies thereby keeping their companies afloat and in jobs, creating jobs for their citizens as expats, and getting returns as tax and capital flight or return back to US.
4. The weapons sold are over bloated in price.
You are receiving a weapon that shouldn't cost more than 5,000 but been given at 100,000 to pay back with your sweat and generations for years, if possible use it as a medium of holding your country in hostage and forcefully changing your country's laws to abide and favour US.
It is a very big industry for US with a well tested cash generating system year in, year out.
Zelensky is putting the unborn Ukrainians in chains that will take forever for them to come out from.
The US is not stupid picking him as a president.
It is a calculated and we'll spent money.
They have checked the profiles of people that possibly fits that plan and zelensky a comedian actually fits it perfectly and doing a very nice job.
And they already have so many countries lined up to sustain their economy for years to come.
If Ukraine/Russia war goes down, they need to activate the china/Taiwan own after.
Iran/Isreal own as also been primed down. When they are ready, they can always activate it too and more countries are still coming into the plan.
They won't stop, it is not possible for them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 8:44pm On Apr 22
lanre316:

LOL. Are you just realizing this. 😂😂😂

The thousands of nuclear warheads between USA and Russia alone is enough to destroy each and every city on earth. By the time real WW3 happens, it won't matter who is pro-West or anti-West; who is right or wrong, everybody will lose. No winner. That's why they call it MAD - mutually assured destruction.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 9:03pm On Apr 22
emmaodet:

Bunker get levell

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 9:08pm On Apr 22
Appleyard:

Patriots SAM shooting down hypersonic missiles when they can't even shoot down ordinary KH-101 cruise missiles is the fattest rambling of the year. cool

You mean the same Kh missiles that have been shot down in Ukraine by Patriot defense despité multiple denial from Russia. And hope you know hypersonic missiles have limitations despite all the hypes Russia have made you to believe about them
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 9:14pm On Apr 22
seunny4lif:

Bunker get levell

But a bomb that can shatter the earth to create a new pathway for water to become a canal will blow up any bunker.
It will only require 2 or 3 strikes to give up
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ponziponzi(m): 9:17pm On Apr 22
Kremlingrad:

You mean the same Kh missiles that have been shot down in Ukraine by Patriot defense despité multiple denial from Russia. And hope you know hypersonic missiles have limitations despite all the hypes Russia have made you to believe about them

So what happened to all those Patriots that was sent
initially?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 9:22pm On Apr 22
ponziponzi:

So what happened to all those Patriots that was send initially?
JAMB questions. Did patriot shot down the overhyped Russia missiles or not??
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Dvdpity: 9:47pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡Zelensky:

"Putin is very afraid of us". Believe me, “Putin is very afraid of us. I am sure about that. He himself is an insecure person.

Confident people with a large army, a large territory, a great power with such resources, the world is not threatened by nuclear weapons. For me, the psychotype of this type is absolutely clear" - Zelensky
Says a clown who hides in bunkers during Russia missiles rains..idiot.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 9:52pm On Apr 22
Balogunodua:

I said apart from military NK has nothing over Nigeria...

And yes Economically Nigeria is far better than NK.
Health infrastructure
Road infrastructure
Gdp per capita
Ppp name it.

Which health and road sir? In this same Nigeria wey me and you dey? Stop lying na bro grin

Here this is a link from an Australian who went to study in North Korea for his master's.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/31/im-the-only-australian-living-in-north-korea-let-me-tell-you-about-it
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 10:01pm On Apr 22
lanre316:

We don't have much, but we Nigerians have some things North Koreans don't.
1. Ability to leave and enter your country at will.
2. Internet to communicate with Non-Nigerians anywhere in the world.
3. Ability to conduct online business with whoever from anywhere in the world.
4. You can determine your future. As bad as our economy is, many smart youths are taking advantage of IT, freelancing, E-commerce, content creation, agribusiness value chain businesses and other business to find success instead of bitching about the government. North Koreans don't have that luxury.
5. We can criticise our government with zero consequences
6. We can choose to be an ingrate for the freedom we enjoy and insult our motherland - Dem no born any single North Korean living in North Korea to do that.

Plus..... Nigeria is the only place in the world a Nigerian can become a billionaire.
Do know any Nigerian billionaire that made his money from outside Nigeria? Wealthy people knows Nigeria's potential, it's only poor people that is busy cursing Nigeria out of frustration
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 10:02pm On Apr 22
Kremlingrad:

Preach brother! Preach!!!!

See this clown
You should move to NK i guess so you will have the freedom to type this rubbish

Any small thing move to this move to that oga shift.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 10:07pm On Apr 22
lanre316:

Stop bitching about your government like an ingrate child who can't see beyond what's in front of him. Be a smart Nigerian youth. The creators of Andella, Paystack and Piggyvest were mostly likely younger than you and they excelled in the same Nigeria.

Let me repeat my point no 4 slowly and boldly:

You can determine your future. As bad as our economy is, many smart youths are taking advantage of IT, freelancing, E-commerce, content creation, agribusiness value chain businesses and other business to find success instead of bitching about the government. North Koreans don't have that luxury.

Ingrate like seriously? Are you this foolish? All you mentioned above are done by individuals without government input. Yeah we can survive on our own , but what has the government done for us as citizens after all I pay taxes every now and then with nothing to show for the taxes I pay. What makes Nigerian government different from that of North Korea in terms of doing their basic duties?

I can't even imagine you said I should be grateful like wtf. Grateful for what please wow are you a mallam? Because na aboki fit they reason like this no insult intended.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 10:14pm On Apr 22
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

US version of Ikeja under bridge

Which Ikeja Under bridge?

Nothing of such again.

Ikeja under bridge is better than this place.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22
lanre316:

We don't have much, but we Nigerians have some things North Koreans don't.
1. Ability to leave and enter your country at will.
2. Internet to communicate with Non-Nigerians anywhere in the world.
3. Ability to conduct online business with whoever from anywhere in the world.
4. You can determine your future. As bad as our economy is, many smart youths are taking advantage of IT, freelancing, E-commerce, content creation, agribusiness value chain businesses and other business to find success instead of bitching about the government. North Koreans don't have that luxury.
5. We can criticise our government with zero consequences
6. We can choose to be an ingrate for the freedom we enjoy and insult our motherland - Dem no born any single North Korean living in North Korea to do that.
No 5 get comma but the rest are on point.

Though I also don't believe NK is as bad as the Western media paints them to be.

Don't forget that the same western media said Africans live on trees and huts for tens of years until of recent when social media started debunking these lies.

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22
WriiterNg:
⚡Denmark will transfer ALL its remaining F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine after re-equipping with F-35s.

As of 2023, Denmark had 44 F-16AM and F-16BM fighters, of which 24 aircraft were sold to Argentina in April 2024.

Thus, Denmark will transfer a total of 19 F-16 fighters to Ukraine in several batches without a specific deadline.

Western countries agreed to transfer to Ukraine only about 65 F-16 fighters in various modifications, among which, in addition to 19 aircraft from Denmark, there should be 24 aircraft from the Netherlands and 22 from Norway.
this will likely be the last package ukraine will receive till the election and probably the last package so they need all the equipment they can get their hands on, they will likely target the bridge to score a propaganda victory when they keep losing cities after cities.
At the end it's either a negotiation or a world war nothing like Ukraine victory neither will Russia lose.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:31pm On Apr 22
Jovi10:

Of course there's a point there. It opens up your hypocrisy to everyone, that's why you avoided it. grin grin grin

My hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Tiopii: 10:37pm On Apr 22
Jovi10:

That's the difference between we and you guys. We are not ashamed to say it when Russia does bad, unlike y'all, you never see any wrong in the USA'S doing

😂😂😂😂😂. This is a Russia vs UKraine thread, and I wholly support the US support for UKraine.

This isn't a US general discussion thread. You can't differential facts from support can you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2031) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Obedience40, kemicalreact, Discountsempai and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.