Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:35 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (744517 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (2035) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 8:42pm On May 06
Belarus said Monday that a Polish judge crossed into the Moscow-allied state, with whom Poland has tense relations, to seek political asylum, leaving Warsaw “in shock”.

Relations between Warsaw and Minsk have been strained for years — over a political crackdown in Belarus and a migration crisis — but have sunk to new lows since President Alexander Lukashenko backed the Kremlin’s Ukraine offensive.

State news agency Belta said Polish judge Tomasz Szmydt had asked autocrat Lukashenko for asylum.

“This is an act of protest against Poland’s politics towards Belarus and Russia,” Szmydt said at a press conference in Belarus, according to Belta.

Szmydt was close to the former governing right-wing Law and Justice party that lost power to the current pro-EU coalition late last year.

“Returning to Poland would mean arrest under a fabricated case of spying,” he said in a video published by Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

“It was hard before but now it is a case of life or death.”

Officials in Warsaw did not hide their surprise.

“I am honestly in shock,” Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski told reporters.

“We’ve had a traitor before, I think it is a similar case.”
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 8:44pm On May 06
WriterrNg:

I'm glad you finally admitted that Apple is literally owned by everyone, same thing goes for nearly all US companies.

Meaning all those trillions you like bragging about doesn't even belong to the United States.

So why do you keep comparing both companies?

People dull sha,
So because dangote is not a state owned company dose that means it doesn't contribute to the GDP of Nigeria

Have you heard if cooperate income tax

Apple Inc is the largest tax payer in the world
Having paid to the USA government
Over 130billion as taxes to the USA in THE last 4 years

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 8:49pm On May 06
⚡A US Army soldier stationed in South Korea has been detained in Russia, the US military says.

The unnamed sergeant is accused of stealing from a woman, reports the BBC's US partner CBS.

The soldier was not on official travel when he was held on 2 May in the city of Vladivostock, in Russia's far east.

US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters the US is "aware of this case and other matters related to Russia".

At the White House briefing on Monday, Mr Kirby said he could not provide more details.

According to a statement from the US Army, the soldier is facing charges of criminal misconduct.

"The Army notified his family and the US Department of State is providing appropriate consular support to the Soldier in Russia," it said.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 8:51pm On May 06
⚡Poland’s government said Monday it is financing the operation of 20,000 Starlink internet devices in Ukraine — an essential network for the country’s military communications as it fights off Russia’s invasion.

“We have today more than 20,000 Starlink, the operation of which is financed by Poland,” Poland’s Minister of Digital Affairs Krzysztof Gawkowski said during a visit to Kyiv, quoted by agency PAP.

“Starlink gives its support to the Ukrainian army, but also to hospitals,” he stressed.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 8:55pm On May 06
⚡Israeli Tanks and Armored Vehicles are reported to have now entered several Neighborhoods in Eastern Rafah.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 8:55pm On May 06
⚡Ukrainian Army may prepare a “massive strike” from 6 am on May 7 using 50 UAVs and “dozens” of long-range missiles, Russia Today claims.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 9:01pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
A Russian accused of trying to blow up two courthouses on behalf of Ukraine has been detained and charged with terrorism, Russia’s FSB security services said Monday.

Moscow has reported dozens of sabotage attacks on Russian soil since it sent troops into Ukraine more than two years ago, mostly blaming Kiev and its supporters.

The suspect, in his forties, was found “placing unknown objects in construction waste” near a train station in the center of Tambov, the FSB said.

Further inspection of the items revealed they were “two homemade explosive devices” which the man planned to detonate near two court buildings in the city, he claimed.

“He was detained by a security guard who arrived at the scene and an operational and investigative team of the Federal Security Service was called in,” the statement said.

According to the FSB, the suspect regularly visited pro-Ukrainian websites and was recruited by Ukrainian special services to carry out the attack earlier this year.
send all the Ukraine refugee to the coldest part of Russia because these sabotage attacks will not end
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 9:05pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
🇮🇳
every country should start thinking like this
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by sainttwist1(m): 9:06pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
⚡Hamas has informed Qatari and Egyptian mediators of its agreement with their ceasefire proposal in Gaza.

"In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

The Mujahid brother Ismail Haniyeh, head of the political bureau of the Hamas movement, made a phone call with the Qatari Prime Minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman Al Thani, and with the Egyptian Minister of Intelligence, Mr. Abbas Kamel, and informed them of the Hamas movement’s approval of their proposal regarding the ceasefire.
cowards and rats.......the fear of idf is the beginning of wisdom

loool
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by motayoayinde: 9:06pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
🇷🇺 🆚 🇺🇸

Let me add some more.

Russia (USSR) was also the first country to build a space station in the 70s called SALYUT. They built a bigger one in the 80s called MIR.

It was the design of the Russian MIR that was used to build the ISS (international space station) the the world has today.

When the ISS was being built, the American space shuttles which were used to transport materials to space became unusable due to cost and fatal accidents, it was the Russian (rugged) Soyuz space vehicle that completed the job and continued to ferry NASA astronauts to space afterwards for many years until Elon Musk's space X came on board to salvage a little of American pride in space exploration.

Point is, you may hate Russia, but you only have to scratch the surface of space tech and exploration to know they are they are the masters of that game.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 9:07pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
⚡France did not send soldiers of the Foreign Legion to Ukraine, French MFA says.
una go explain tire, you hear nuclear drill you don dey shake 😂
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 9:10pm On May 06
WriterrNg:
⚡Russia will strike British military facilities, including those outside Ukraine – Russian Foreign Ministry.

They will come as a response if Ukraine uses British weapons on Russian soil. Earlier, David Cameron (British Foreign Minister), gave Ukraine the green light to use British weapons to strike Russian territory.
good.. let them feel the heat no more joking around
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:18pm On May 06
⚡Flares are continuing to be launched over the Outskirts of Eastern Rafah in the Southern Gaza Strip, as Israeli Tanks have now begun to enter Sections of the City.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:23pm On May 06
⚡The United States said it would snub the inauguration Tuesday of Russian President Vladimir Putin after his latest election in which he faced no real opposition.

“We will not have a representative at his inauguration,” State Department spokesman Matthew Miller told reporters Monday.

Asked if the boycott meant the United States considered Putin illegitimate, Miller said, “We certainly did not consider that election free and fair, but he is the president of Russia and is going to continue in that capacity.”

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:24pm On May 06
⚡6 Rockets were launched by Hamas earlier from the Northern Gaza Strip towards the Southern Israeli City of Sderot, with 2 Rockets being Intercepted by the Iron Dome while the other 4 fell in Open Areas. A Home in the City suffered Minor Damage after it was Struck by Rocket Debris from a Successful Interception.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:35pm On May 06
⚡UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Turk says Rafah invasion plan is 'inhumane' and 'runs contrary to the basic principles of international humanitarian and human rights laws'

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:46pm On May 06
⚡China hacked UK’s Ministry of Defence, Sky News reports.

MPs will be told on Tuesday of a massive data breach involving the MoD, targeting service personnel.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 9:51pm On May 06
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Keep on projecting. Here is not investment or career thread where we can measure dick. Hope you have treated the rhinitis you're carrying? Ozwor

Na you start, so you must tell us your work wey dey make you proud wey you no fit discuss over a decade after NYSC

OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Poor painter. I have work I'm proud of. Can you be proud of yours for once. Instead you dey deny work wey dey put food for your table.

Wetin be your work wey you dey proud of, aspiring Uber and Bolt driver

Your family is right. Dem fit kidnap you for this work.

When you type your frustration finish, remember say Uber and Bolt na American companies wey dey profit from your sweat. Hypocrite NATO slave

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 9:55pm On May 06
⚡EU proposal for 14th package of sanctions against Russia includes measures to reinforce flight ban for Russian planes, according to proposal text — Reuters
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 10:00pm On May 06
Crayfish09:

That's what happens when someone obsesses over all the great things he could have achieved in his youth if he hadn't wasted it on 2k ashawos and daily Ogogoro consumption.

When Okadabooks release your 2k, you can make choice between suya and ashawo yourself, Putard

Crayfish09:

Fidelity bank kept my 20k after a failed transaction two days before Sallah. Broke and hopeless, I decided to appeal to Okadabooks to give me even if it is just 2k so that I will not go penniless on Sallah day. These people simply ignored my messages. Till date, fidelity bank is yet to give me back my money and Okadabooks is still ignoring my pleas.

I have decided to give up on the site (Of course, they will buy suya with the 3.5k I made from their 300,000 ghost readers) but please, if you are not willing to advertise or write free books then stay away from these leeches . You won't make much from them and the little you make will go into their bank account while you go home with nothing. I have a friend that has 50 books (including novels) with them but he still hasn't crossed 8k on the site.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:01pm On May 06
Ibime:

Na you start, so you must tell us your work wey dey make you proud wey you no fit discuss over a decade after NYSC

Wetin be your work wey you dey proud of, aspiring Uber and Bolt driver

Your family is right. Dem fit kidnap you for this work.

When you type your frustration finish, remember say Uber and Bolt na American companies wey dey profit from your sweat. Hypocrite NATO slave

Lmaooo 🤣🤣🤣. I don give you assignment. I no dey do Uber or bolt. Keep digging you might hit jackpot. There are many people on that thread who are not drivers. Some came to sell their cars, some are automobile mechanic, some came to sell engine oil.. Some dey advertise for car insurance and plate numbers. So keep digging Mr carpenter.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 10:04pm On May 06
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Lmaooo 🤣🤣🤣. I don give you assignment. I no dey do Uber or bolt. Keep digging you might hit jackpot. There are many people on that thread who are not drivers. Some came to sell their cars, some are automobile mechanic, some came to sell engine oil.. Some dey advertise for car insurance and plate numbers. So keep digging Mr carpenter.

Be quiet. Your fantasy na owning car after hire purchase. N5m sef dey fear you, make you no go village, you want deny wetin your poverty-induced thoughts done already reveal. You may be right, maybe na engine oil be your level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 10:08pm On May 06
Kid, you know we are not at the same level of brain activity.
Stay within your lane. I don't pretend to be intelligent, I work hard to be smarter everyday.

Obedience40:

Foool
Making threats and carrying out are two different things clown

The Russian state has a record of barking like a dog with no actual bite

Should I refresh your memory

The threats of hitting the West If they supplied offensive weapons to Ukraine
The threat of attacking NATO countries used as weapons hub to transfer tanks to Ukraine
The threats of hitting Western targets if long range Western weapons are used to hit targets inside Russia

You think Putin is that foolish to hit a NATO member country

Ewe

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 10:09pm On May 06
⚡“50 countries voted against the document condemning the glorification of Nazism.

Who can be against the glorification of Nazism? This is not just political or historical forgetfulness, it is being brought back to our time to maintain the pressure against Russia” - President Putin

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 10:19pm On May 06
⚡Israeli Tanks and Armored Vehicles have entered the Location of the Former-Gaza International Airport in the Eastern Outskirts of Rafah, with Heavy Fighting being reported as Artillery Fire continues to Target several Hamas Positions near the City.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 10:27pm On May 06
Obedience40:

Your hypocrisy stinks
We're did you get the info that the Uyghurs have free education and health care
People who are place in concentration camps

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-22278037

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Uyghurs_in_China

The only thing you wrote is that the Uyghurs have risen in population
Dose the population rise in the Uyghurs stop treatment they are receiving from China

Also show me any record of the rise of the population of the Uyghurs

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/xinjiang-uyghur-crackdown-population-decline-by-yi-fuxian-2022-07

They are countless articles in the internet showing the systematic reduction of the Uyghurs population by Chinese authority

Wetin patiently for your proofs

Thousands of Uyghurs in concentration camps is even small compared to millions of Persecuted Falun Gong followers whom their organs are even harvested

CCP is the most evil thing to happen to wonderful China
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 10:28pm On May 06
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

He's intellectually bankrupt. Dude feel so much joy when he throws subtle shot on Gazprom & Russia.

See this clown. The same way you Putards here especially you fell so elated when you also throw subtle Jabs on USA and NATO.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 10:31pm On May 06
emmaodet:

Now this is worrisome.
We now have some set of countries that are untouchables to ICJ.
In other words, the ICJ is biased and created to witch-hunt certain countries like Africa and others.
Can we call such an organization fair and just?
How can you judge others but become weak to same to another? Won't such system crumble with time?
The US says if ICJ can issue arrest warrant on isreal, that means the same can be done to US and I ask and so foocking what?
Is that not the work of the ICJ in the first place?
And this confirms my sentiment all along that all the craftily created organizations like the UN, ICJ, WHO, IMF, world bank etc are created solely to benefit the west.
Immediately these organisations start straying away from their motives, they threaten them.
These organisations are created to subdue others.

Pain is all i see all over this stupid write-up!!!! 🤡
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kremlingrad: 10:33pm On May 06
Ibime:

When you create free societies, the whole world invest in you. That's what you Putards clowns don't understand. Democracy and rule of law is a money maker in itself. Even a Qatari knows he cannot be disenfranchised in America, UK or any Western country, his money and his rights are safe. He can even misyarn and his property is his property. Ask Russian oligarchs why they keep dying in Russia or are told they cannot convert their money from Rouble. Ask Jack Ma why Chinese Communist party disappeared him for the last 4 years for not towing the party line.

I live this reply
Even their evil Russian officials and oligarchs enjoys their I'll gotten wealth in the free West.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 10:33pm On May 06
Things I can't talk about online without fear of legal troubles:
1. The president of my country
2. Israel
3. soon to be ukraine..

Democracy indeed

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 10:38pm On May 06
⚡Fighting between Israeli Armored Forces and Hamas is now being reported only Meters from the Rafah Border Crossing between Egypt and Southern Gaza, with claims that the Crossing may now have been Closed by the Egyptian Military.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 10:39pm On May 06
⚡Israeli AH-64 “Apache” Attack Helicopters are now reported to be Actively Striking several Hamas Positions near Neighborhoods in Eastern Rafah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) ... (2035) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Watcharena, Alamkir, 0m0luabi, currentflow(m), CaptMaxino(m), telim and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.