Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,603 members, 7,968,753 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (2503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (969563 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 10:17am
okeysoninv:
trash, I'm in United Kingdom. My interest on China was basically for business. I'm here to prepare Europe for the coming calamity. When the lord says I should go back to Nigeria or down southern African where we had prepared for us to escape violence on the earth I will go.

You that is in Ikorodu. Or you now have a branch of UK in Ikorodu? What did God tell you about crossing the Vietnamese border into China? Did God say it is good? You are a clown.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by IMEI: 10:24am
shoodboi2:

Are you also going to argue that Boko Haram and IPOB are armies?

You are the only person I'll ever hear refer to Hamas and Hezbollah as armies. Even the US, Israel, EU and every other baby killer and hospital bomber you support has never referred to them as armies.

Yet, you somehow concluded that they are armies and you're starting to manipulate the dictionary to justify your definition. I'm not surprised considering that manipulating books to justify something is a Zionist thing.

Baby Zionist. Call Hamas and Hezbollah whatever you want. Whatever rocks your boat.

If you check my list, he's one of those who use religion to justify support for israel

Those guys are irredeemable, there's no common ground that can be reached with them. Theirs is blind and irrational support

The guy doesn't know the difference between an organized armed force which can at best be described
as quasi-military and a Professional army, or he claims not to know for the sake of israel

My advice, don't waste your time

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by IMEI: 10:41am
Mille:

I don't even bother quoting some people again. My tolerance for unnecessary arguments has decreased. It's not like having them admit the truth will change anything.

Btw, when it comes to civilian deaths, I think the resistance should make it a tit for tat show.

This is where I'm at right now, I score no points for winning arguments, but I'll continue to support what's right, because evil will forever have opposition

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ruggedniggaone: 10:42am
okeysoninv:
trash, I'm in United Kingdom. My interest on China was basically for business. I'm here to prepare Europe for the coming calamity. When the lord says I should go back to Nigeria or down southern African where we had prepared for us to escape violence on the earth I will go.
😂 😂 foolish fake man of god

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:02am
I know what you are doing there. Western media makes us think Hamas is all about militncy but forget that it is also an administration that funds an entire society. All the teachers in Gaza and doctors in those hospitals Israel is bombing, how do you think they are getting paid? Also when israel bombed Gaza in the past, is it not money they used in rebuilding? When Israel bombs civilians and render people homeless, how do they get rehabilitated. The cost of governance is high in Gaza and that is why they need help.

Now I want you to give me exact figures that Hamas receives and compare with the exact amount Israel gets so we can compare who is making better use of their aid.

lanre316:

Make no mistake, bro. Gaza receive billions of dollars in total from foreign nations that could have transformed them into good place and do much good for her citizens. They prefer (or should I say Hamas prefer) to use the money to fight Jihad and seek annihilation of Israel.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:06am
The western attitude is to see one side as totally good and the other side as totally evil. That is why there have been no negotiations so far.
Jovi10:

That's the difference between us and you guys. We condemned what Hamas did October 7 but y'all are happy and evil call for more indiscriminate bombings of children and women in Gaza. Even Russia that we support anytime they do anything that's morally wrong we condemn it here when when someone suggested Russia nuking Ukraine we all said it is wrong but you guys will never condemn any evil from your masters. Regardless of whom we support, we are humans and it's been shown several times on this thread that most of you pro westerners have no shred of humanity in you, that's why any of you will see the pictures coming from the Gaza strip and call for more, or be happy about it or call it collateral damage.

Y'all should continue anyways. The future awaits everyone one of us be it for good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:09am
During holocaust when Hitler was killing Jews did they also not buy guns and fought the Nazis, especially in Warsaw ghetto uprising. The allies praised the courage of the Jews then Whats the difference with what Hamas is doing now?

obedience4:

Oppressed people ha? Yet they have money to acquired weapons and rockets

Be deciving yourself
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:15am
Keep talking trash.
obedience4:

Keep your moral compass to yourself, we already see you people for who you are, All this sudden morality from you guys won't change the fact you guys are terrorist sympathizers, stop hiding and pull off the bloody mask.

We all saw how you guys celebrate the October 7 attacks the records are there, and the many other attacks against the Jewish state by terror groups.

That's how someone here the other day said Russia is not like Israel yet putin war in Ukraine has killed 35,000 plus Ukrainian civilians.

Hazebolla and co should not only invest on offensive weapons alone, they claim to be fighting for the people they should do more to protect the people they claim to be fighting for and not using them for human shield.

Collateral damage is Collateral damage deal with it.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 11:18am
⚡Alchevsk Metallurgical Plant has launched a blast furnace after a long downtime.

A blast furnace was launched at the Alchevsk Metallurgical Plant in the Luhansk People's Republic after seven years of downtime.

The furnace was stopped in November 2016 in connection with the blockade imposed by Ukraine and active hostilities in the Donbas, the southern Mining and Metallurgical Combine explained. Since November 2023, the blast furnace has been included in the capital repair program.

And so, thanks to the launch of the modernized furnace, the company plans not only to revive the former production rates but also to increase and increase the volume and quality of products.

The Alchevsk Metallurgical Plant is one of the largest ferrous metallurgy enterprises in the Donbas and the southern part of Russia. Its area is almost 1.5 thousand hectares, 13 workshops are located on it, where about 3,700 tons of cast iron, as well as coke, sinter, and basic rolled products are produced monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:21am
Please can you proof that 35,000 civilians have died in Ukraine? Quote sources please!
obedience4:

an organized military force equipped for fighting on land

Are hazebolla military arm and Hamas military wing
Al-Qassam Brigades not an organised and structured military force??
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by BoldBrainz(m): 11:26am
🇺🇦🇷🇺

➡️Ukraine left in security limbo with Zelensky U.S. trip results unclear.

KYIV — More than a week after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky presented his “victory plan” for how to end the war with Russia to top U.S. officials, details of the strategy and how it was received remain hazy, and Kyiv is scrambling for additional international support just a month before the U.S. election.

Zelensky’s administration has so far kept the points of the victory plan, which was shared with President Joe Biden and other top officials, a secret, but it likely hinges on either accelerated NATO membership or binding security guarantees from the Ukraine’s Western partners.

[Washington Post]

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 11:27am
petesunday:
Please can you proof that 35,000 civilians have died in Ukraine? Quote sources please!

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:28am
Thank you so much for this. It doesn't even matter because prowestern nitwits will still say their own.
IMEI:

Yours is the only sensible reply, so I'll indulge you

First of all, from what I know about Ukraine, the Donbass is overwhelmingly pro-Russia, meaning the people there actually support being annexed to Russia

Two, Ukraine's sovereignty was respected by Russia, up until they made moves to join NATO. Now, Russia is a major World Power in competition with the West along with China and it was clear they weren't going to accept such. The US would never accept Mexico doing the same with China or Russia. We know about the Cuban Missile Crisis for example and it's quite obvious because this is geopolitics, minor powers have to play smart when wedged in a battle between powers

Three, as for Zelensky carrying out forced drafts of civilians, if Zelensky had been smart about the whole issue of joining NATO, which Russia had made clear they won't accept, there'd have been no need for a war in the first place and it wouldn't have come to that . When Russia built up forces at the border, that took up sometime and Zelensky could have made a deal. Even when Russia first invaded and a Turkish brokered deal was on the table, Zelensky should have agreed to it and from reports was close to agreeing to it, before the West made moves to stop it

Fourthly, it's my personal view as an observer that Zelensky's and previous Ukraine's leadership were unwise to let it get to such an extent. As for Ukrainian volunteers who've joined the fight, seeing the Russian invasion as an affront, I don't actually blame them, I understand the sentiment. I just believe Ukraine's leadership needs to be wiser, as a country of interest between competing global powers, especially with them being neighbours to one of the powers

Fifthly, unlike Hamas, Ukraine is an actual State with a Professional army which is one of the largest in Europe and it'll make no sense for them to fight a guerilla fight like Hamas. Ukraine's army prior to the invasion had been well armed by several countries and continues to be so armed consistently, hence they have the arms to fight conventionally. Another reason for the Ukraine war largely being conventional, is Russia's approach to the war. Unlike the Israelis that have chosen to flatten everywhere and kill everyone, Russia chose to restrict itself to a battle of wills and might, against Ukraine's army. Russia could have fought in a way that forced Ukraine to employ unconventional means to fight, but they didn't and instead, opted for tactical battles. Under International Law, Ukraine has a right of self defense, being an invaded sovereign nation, Israel doesn't against Palestinians it occupies. Infact, it's Palestinians who have a right of Resistance, including armed Resistance under International Law. In light of that, it's my personal opinion that Zelensky should have been smarter about handling the NATO question, which would have forestalled the war they're engaged in now

Sixthly, comparing Ukraine which is a full fledged State(a massive Country at that) with Gaza which is a tiny blockaded and besieged strip and the Ukrainian army(a Professional army) and Hamas (a militia), is a false equivalence. The history, circumstance, motivations, legal premise, method of battle, the relationship between belligerents (Occupier and Occupied) etc. by default, make Gaza a different kettle of fish. I don't think this needs much explaining, but if you're not clear, I could expand

I believe Russia and Ukraine should solve their problems in a localized manner, by coming together as a people sharing a common geographical space, conflicting interests and find common, acceptable grounds for existing. It seems too late now, but pragmatic steps can still be taken

There are people here who just enjoy arguing, I'm not one of them. If you notice, there are monikers here I used to engage that I don't anymore, it's because I realized they were simply looking for a trading partner and I'm here to learn and grow. Your comment was sensible and suitable for that (development)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by preciouswoman66(m): 11:33am
obedience4:

But It says 11, 473 killed.

I think casualties is both the dead and injured which amount to the 35k plus you mentioned

Modified: look up for Gaza strip and it's way more. Sources from CNN, Al Jazeera, a turkey website
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 11:37am
🇷🇺 🎂 ❤️ 🐻 🇷🇺

May God protect and strengthen our birthday boy as he stirs Russia towards greatness 🙏🏻

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obedience4(m): 11:40am
petesunday:
During holocaust when Hitler was killing Jews did they also not buy guns and fought the Nazis, especially in Warsaw ghetto uprising. The allies praised the courage of the Jews then Whats the difference with what Hamas is doing now?

Did the Jews carry out suicide bombings targeting civilians, Did they go about killing and kidnapping civilians. HAMAS is a terrorist group that's the difference.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by petesunday: 11:53am
Yes they did. Infact, Menachem Begin who later became Israeli prime minister was once declared wanted by the British for carrying out a terrorist attack. Even today, Jewish styler groups go around massacring Palestinian civilians. You need to understand that Israel's position as the much more powerful ctor puts the responsibility of restraint on them. When Jews were struggling under the Nazis every act of violence was justified under the excuse of resisting oppression.
obedience4:

Did the Jews carry out suicide bombings targeting civilians, Did they go about killing and kidnapping civilians. HAMAS is a terrorist group that's the difference.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 11:54am
Vl3ly:
if I tell this werey to proof that colored text e go run for this thread as he did yesterday
Na the person wey dey quote you I blame
But you're the one who quotes him the most
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 11:56am
Mille:

I don't even bother quoting some people again. My tolerance for unnecessary arguments has decreased. It's not like having them admit the truth will change anything.

Btw, when it comes to civilian deaths, I think the resistance should make it a tit for tat show.

Welcome to the club.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Watcharena, Deathstroke00(m), IchKampf, Xhurskid and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.