Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,799 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:02 AM

A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs (34427 Views)

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) / Smart Family Food Global- Stuck Your Kitchen With Foodstuffs / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by wisdomkid: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
nsult
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by ufuosman(m): 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
Dats good
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Nuliberry: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Wow. Unbelievable shocked

So, we still have sensible ladies here

Your brother's wife is a great woman. She got my total respect. Other ladies would have been saving to buy wigs or weavon to put on an empty head that can't recite the 36 states and capitals.

God bless your brother's wife and the family.

Zukwanu ike!
Wetin our ladies do you sef?
Attacking them left right and centre on every thread cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Saintinoo(m): 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:

That looks like #100k worth of foodstuff. Even if the combined Isusu bought a container-load of foodstuff
you probably will be hard pressed for a 30% markdown. Let's say the contribution period was 3 months or so with weekly contribution I would estimate somewhere about #4k a week contributions for a 3 month period.

Oga it is real, it is being done by almost every woman in the East, and the duration is 1year, Jan to dec, they contribute weekly.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by olasaad(f): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Your brother's wife is a great woman. She got my total respect. Other ladies would have been saving to buy wigs or weavon to put on an empty head that can't recite the 36 states and capitals.

Most of them are not married and they don't have children. If you see any married women with kids in that category, check the husband.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Hassanmaye(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
BossGerald:
Isusu as its widely called here, is a form of daily,weekly or monthly contribution paid into an account periodically till the end of a specific period of time, basically month or year.

This particular one isn't the regular type where the accumulated money is shared, rather the money is gathered from multiple persons and used to get food stuff in large quantity then shared between the participants.

Pros
1. Cheap: food stuffs when purchased in wholesale always come with reduced prices, that means you spend less for more.
2.time saver: to people like myself who doesn't like do grocery shopping themselves wink...the purchasing is made by few other participants, you just go and collect your share jejely and go home grin
3. Lasts long: thus depends on the money contributed, the larger the money, the larger the goods and the longer the time lasted grin

I only got back from school and saw these foodstuffs my brother's wife got from her monthly contribution, she'sa nairalnder but i told her I'd do it on her behalf grin, to be honest, the food items are very good for the money and it's best recommended for married and family men and women wink.

Atleast you have 3months from January next year not to worry about food stuffs.

Can you guess how much the monthly isusu contribution was??

Cc. Lalasticlacla front page
How much please
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by babajero(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
BossGerald:
Isusu as its widely called here, is a form of daily,weekly or monthly contribution paid into an account periodically till the end of a specific period of time, basically month or year.

This particular one isn't the regular type where the accumulated money is shared, rather the money is gathered from multiple persons and used to get food stuff in large quantity then shared between the participants.

Pros
1. Cheap: food stuffs when purchased in wholesale always come with reduced prices, that means you spend less for more.
2.time saver: to people like myself who doesn't like do grocery shopping themselves wink...the purchasing is made by few other participants, you just go and collect your share jejely and go home grin
3. Lasts long: thus depends on the money contributed, the larger the money, the larger the goods and the longer the time lasted grin

I only got back from school and saw these foodstuffs my brother's wife got from her monthly contribution, she'sa nairalnder but i told her I'd do it on her behalf grin, to be honest, the food items are very good for the money and it's best recommended for married and family men and women wink.

Joining a cooperative is more productive than "isusu". But wait o this one wey you arrange the things like that, you dey live for orphanage home?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Are u sure de broda wife no be either of de following ladies: Siofra, Magnolia or Candidlady? Dat means u ended up praising dem 4 de fez time
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by chimaxx: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Bought this N8500 in Enugu, was priced at 18k in Onitsha

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by vickydevoka(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Exactly
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by JustPowerApps(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2022
Wow, cool wink
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Dshocker(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
BossGerald:

Pros

U are lucky they didn't run away with your money
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Dshocker(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
chimaxx:

This chicken is tasteless
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Aboguede(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
At least u go chop well for now then u prepare ur self for next level shocked

BossGerald:

Pros

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by sisisioge: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
I like the fish and crayfish there....you should just jejely blend them and put in your fridge to use till mid 2023. Nicey.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by 2elliot: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2022
These Osusu people make more money from giving out loans and getting interests from that. Sometimes, they make times 3 of that money they contribute from the interests from the loans. That's why, when they finally gather all the money to buy stuffs, they stuffs are usually more than their initial capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Simple99: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
It's just daily 200
Mumben:
Congrats, it's not easy. Many know about things like this but the money to participate in it is not even available.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Reference(m): 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Other ladies too would have also spent it on better things than 'stomach infrastructure'.... with gut acid dissolving all this 'investments' within 6 hours. But we understand it is the season of splurge and spree.... grin
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by weljewel: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2022
Thanks be to God Most High for the speaking grace over my life.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Illegal1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ur own gud ooh.....
i stop to do osusu eva since akawo man japa with my money...
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Nicepoker(m): 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

You believed the op say that woman is on NL is a lie. The ones here their sense no reach that side. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Mrpojj(m): 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
BossGerald:

Pros

I actually did this too
I got 1 bag of rice
Carton of tomatoes
2litre groundnut oil
1 live chicken
5 sardines
5 geisha
1 pack of maggi
1 carton of indomie

It cost me 60k

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Announced3: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
That's a real wife material.. impressive...

Some slayqueens should learn from here
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by OdefaGirl(f): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
The crayfish is lovely..... Not that sand sand type.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by alizma: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
See my own o, with rice 50kg

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Okoroawusa: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
chimaxx:
Onitsha bu ndi oli right from time.... this is big
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Oluneutral: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Change your cycle bro, change your cycle.
Anytime I see your post degrading Nigerian ladies, I can't but pity you because I can sense that you must have been greatly and terribly dealt with by those girls you usually surround yourself with.

Or probably, your class of girls.

Bro, upgrade yourself in order to attract classy, intelligent and resourceful Nigerian ladies, not those classless mgbeke girls with urgent 2k mentalities.
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Sucre6: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
The woman way dey come collect osusu money for our hand for office, the woman japa last month, my 80k gone embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Sucre6: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2022
chimaxx:

For real, I bought mine, just about same size today in Abuja 7k I thought I was cheated shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Slynation(m): 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
BossGerald:

Nice try Alusiizizi

It's actually #6200 monthly...totalling #74,400 for the year.
I must confess, This is a very nice concept and innovation, it's very popular in Anambra state, and I guess perhaps the number of people is small for a contribution of 6k2 per month in your side...!!

Ours, we contributed 1K per week, meaning 4K/month...Duration January to December with large participants because it has stood test of time...

Items recovered, 1 bag of rice, 5 litres of Groundnut Oil, 1 cartoon of medium sized Tin tomatoes, 1 cartoon of Spaghetti, Maggi, salt, Onions and crayfish per person...!!

The sweetest part is that you can do whatever hands your pocket can carry, meaning you will get everything X2 or times whatever hands you contributed...

My family was on constant 2hands for years now, but together me and my family did 4 hands last year, and 9hands this year....!! Store is choked up already cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by millionboi(m): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Oluneutral:

Change your cycle bro, change your cycle.
Anytime I see your post degrading Nigerian ladies, I can't but pity you because I can sense that you must have been greatly and terribly dealt with by those girls you usually surround yourself with.

Or probably, your class of girls.

Bro, upgrade yourself in order to attract classy, intelligent and resourceful Nigerian ladies, not those classless mgbeke girls with urgent 2k mentalities.
thy is no classy Nigerian girl,stop deciving urself,the one you call classy is another person mbeke so on and so forth....Toto no get nafdac number
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by wehdone(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Bros, we have some very sensible women on this forum. They just don't talk at all. Many of them just don't have an account

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.