Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (38149 Views)

Help! My Rooster Won't Crow. I'm Getting Desperate. / Are You Single or Single mother & Getting Desperate??? / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ZE: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Ivynwa:

Don't listen to the people feeding it down your throat that you have spirit husband, spirit this and that, you don't sweetheart. You have not expired dearie, you are a beautiful woman. You may even live longer than these persons saying those to you and can still have all these that your heart desires soon to the surprise of all of them. May God grant you the desires of your hearts.

you are very correct but looking at the bolded you might appear to be flattering(or deceiving) her.
the op never cared to upload a picture or drop a valid email address. how did u know she is a beautiful woman?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Ivynwa(f): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
"
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by justsun: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
my friend i will suggest that you go for deliverance maybe its water spirit.may be water husband will not allow you to get married physically.pls contact the help of a genuine man of God.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
[b]The truth is harsh, but still, it must be told. Age doesn't matter for guys, an average guy is as old as he feels; but for ladies, age is a ticking time bomb, ignore it at your own peril. All those posters who are saying that a lady has no expiry date are totally wrong, even an elementary biology student knows that the fertility of a lady starts to wane drastically when she reaches her late 20's and beyond. A man on the other hand has absolutely no adverse issues with age so long as he maintains a basic level of physical fitness during his lifetime.

Let's call a spade what it is, rather than calling it a large kitchen utensil. The OP has made several bad decisions in her life which has brought her to the present scenario. If indeed she is really a human being (not a Nairaland ghost) and she is desperate to get married for the sole purposes of getting married and having kids, she has an advantage of having a British passport. She can pick and choose any of these miserable Nairaland random blokes dropping their email IDs and phone numbers on here, do this and get married "contractually" ASAP. Don't think, just do it; think about it when it's over! grin cheesy[/b]
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by freshera: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
[size=18pt]May God help all of una.[/size]

OP, first are you OK? Seriously, are you OK??

99.99% of African men (and maybe other beings) get married for the sake of unexisting/existing foetuses and children ONLY not for any woman.

Is that what you want?

African marriage is all about WOMEN SACRIFICING for their children. Nothing more.

If you want unconditional love, your parents are siblings are there, nobody can love you more.

If you want to avoid societal stigma then have you asked yourself whether that STIGMA is intelligent?

As in why would any SANE being insult a woman who is not married when it is not her fault, she did not do abortion, she wasn't wayward, etc. WHY?? OP never said she did any wrong. What if she now did wrong? So she should go and commit suicide?

LET ME TELL YOU, THE NIGERIAN WOMEN THAT LOOK DOWN ON SINGLE WOMEN ARE MISERABLE.

They have suffered, are in a traumatic state (africans don't believe in therapy, only Endurance 101) and ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN THEM.

Misery loves company.

Married women envy singles but will never admit it till the end of planet earth.

The acheivements they want for thier own children, the OP has it already but nobody will pat her for that.

They will only destroy her verbally,. .  why, . . .  because no selfish human being wants someone to be better than them, either it's from God or it's by hardwork.

Most married people thought they would find FREEDOM AND HAPPINESS IN MARRIAGE,

everyone is seeking for this, but it is not in marriage, kids, RETIREMENT, etc but in God.

You won't find out until you are married and by then its too late, the responsibilities keep increasing till you are old and then there is no more strength left.

[size=20pt]Everyone is on a journey they never arrive but in God. [/size]

[size=20pt]Maximise your single life, don't waste it on some unknown/unseen man you are yet to marry.[/size]

Why do you want to have a child? For companionship, immortalization and to contribute valuable somebodies to humanity,abi

You are already precious and valuable (in the eyes of God where it MATTERS MOST) WITH OR WITHOUT A CHILD.

If your "enemy" dies single, will she have lived a wasted UNHAPPY,waiting-for-a-man life?

You want to have a child that will fulfill destiny, have you REALLY fulfilled destiny? You have a career, are you doing well there or are just managing?Are you not someone's child? Did someone not sacrifice for you?

Why do want a child, I repeat?

HAVING CHILDREN IS CONCENTRATED RESPONSIBILITY, YOU KEEP GIVING AND SACRIFICING TILL YOU DIE EVEN IN RETIREMENT. Have your strategy and prepare for that.

All children are God's gifts. People's kids are  basic but precious human beings. You could adopt, Jesus was adopted, Esther was adopted.

You are in the UK, think intelligently, don't waste the UK angle.

Not everybody ahs the opportunity of thinking intelligently or living in an intelligent society.

Life is NOT ALL ABOUT A MAN or getting one.

Anybody who crucifies you for this knowing it is not your fault(as you said) is not intelligent. Pity them. It is like blaming an old man for dementia.

They are living an African illusion that children are everything.

They are NOT.

THEY LIVE FOR THE SAVOURS OF THE FUTURE WITHOUT SAVOURING THE PRESENT.

P.S. There are also spiritual solutions to these: fasting, prayer and positioning, pursue these, don't know if you are spiritual though.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Ivynwa(f): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
"
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
Ivynwa:

Okay, she shouldn't think, she should just do it right? If unhappiness sets in tomorrow and she opens another thread calling "Come people, what am I going to do about this my british passport-clinging husband that is making life miserable for me", another litany of advice and blames and mockings will start here.
The OP has clearly said she is desperate to get married. She has been "thinking" for the past 40 donkey years, I think it's about time she starts making decisions and taking actions. A lady who is incapable of making decisions at 40, is it when she turn 50 she will acquire this habit?! I don drop my own, if the OP likes she can keep on waiting on the lord!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

[b]The truth is harsh, but still, it must be told. Age doesn't matter for guys, an average guy is as old as he feels; but for ladies, age is a ticking time bomb, ignore it at your own peril. All those posters who are saying that a lady has no expiry date are totally wrong, even an elementary biology student knows that the fertility of a lady starts to wane drastically when she reaches her late 20's and beyond. A man on the other hand has absolutely no adverse issues with age so long as he maintains a basic level of physical fitness during his lifetime.

Let's call a spade what it is, rather than calling it a large kitchen utensil. The OP has made several bad decisions in her life which has brought her to the present scenario. If indeed she is really a human being (not a Nairaland ghost) and she is desperate to get married for the sole purposes of getting married and having kids, she has an advantage of having a British passport. She can pick and choose any of these miserable Nairaland random blokes dropping their email IDs and phone numbers on here, do this and get married "contractually" ASAP. Don't think, just do it; think about it when it's over! grin cheesy[/b]

sorry dude but men too have an expiry date, it wouldn't seem right for a 60 year old guy to date a 20 something year old women,if tht happens she is there for  money only.Also we men cannot procreate for our whole life.  
don't forget we age too,we don't stay young forever,that's why  ppl stare down on 45 year old men who chase after small girls,and those girls who accept  are usually stupid.You carry the last name in your family ,so it's a big must that you marry while u can still procreate.

i know the truth hurts.

ahahahah us nigerians we need to think godly,and a little bit modern. undecided i like this lady a lot because she is godly, you on the other hand is satan.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexsinners:

sorry dude but men too have an expiry date, it wouldn't seem right for a 60 year old guy to date a 20 something year old women,if tht happens she is there for  money only.Also we men cannot procreate for our whole life.  
don't forget we age too,we don't stay young forever,that's why  ppl stare down on 45 year old men who chase after small girls,and those girls who accept  are usually silly.You carry the last name in your family ,so it's a big must that you marry while u can still procreate.
i know the truth hurts.
ahahahah us nigerians we need to think godly,and a little bit modern. undecided i like this lady a lot because she is godly, you on the other hand is satan.
All your vituperations are totally wrong, which is expected more or less, coming from a religious goon like yourself. A man CAN procreate all through his life; a simple Google search would have revealed this to you, rather than opening your mouth as usual to emit bigoted and unsubstantiated drivel. As for this your comment; "you on the other hand is Satan", since this is not my usual religious section, I will let you off free with that phrase. It takes Satan himself to know his disciples!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexsinners:

don't forget we age too,we don't stay young forever,that's why  ppl stare down on 45 year old men who chase after small girls,and those girls who accept  are usually silly.You carry the last name in your family ,so it's a big must that you marry while u can still procreate.

i know the truth hurts.

says WHO

my 85yr old grand father has a 10yr old daughter and his last wife is younger than me

it happens everywhere so leave story

how old do you think all those big men that goes to pick up UNI girls are?
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
so if you would like to talk about a biological ticking clock to have babies, for women it's 35,for men it's 45. after that sex will be hard for you.

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20030626/male-biological-clock-ticking-too

in terms of marriage that's ageless, thanks to god we live in a world where anything an happen.

tina turner is like 50 something and still getting calls from guys.
jlo is like 42 and is still considered hot.

same thing for men like johnny dep age 48.

i am 25 now so i have time , but i will be marrying a women closer to my age ,not a little girl where i will feel guilty of taking her youth away, pregnancy is very hard.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by akinsdeji(m): 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
Dear Adebisi,there is nothing new under the sun,but people might think this is a stage story or other wise,a debate,for the whole house to share thier own point and views, anyway you can contact me on johndeji@live.com my brother is about 41yrs old and he is looking for a serious lady for a fruitful relationship that will lead to marriage.he has master degree as well,maybe you guys can break the jinx,wish you well
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

All your vituperations are totally wrong, which is expected more or less, coming from a religious goon like yourself. A man CAN procreate all through his life; a simple Google search would have revealed this to you, rather than opening your mouth as usual to emit bigoted and unsubstantiated drivel. As for this your comment; "you on the other hand is Satan", since this is not my usual religious section, I will let you off free with that phrase. It takes Satan himself to know his disciples!

i thought you did science and that is not true men also have a biological clock too. i just posted an article on it. this is not religion my frd this is your reality and my reality.

r231:

says WHO

my 85yr old grand father has a 10yr old daughter and his last wife is younger than me

it happens everywhere so leave story

how old do you think all those big men that goes to pick up UNI girls are?
85? that is extremely rare my frd and stupid  and SELFISH , when she is 20 he will be close to death and will not be able to  see his daughter marry or have kids.

men that go after uni girls are very selfish they should leave them for us younger good-looking 25 year olds that are more capable to communicate with them.Nobody wants to hangout with a old man, who doesn't know about music or celebs like they do yes girls age faster than guys but do you really expect a 20 year old girl to be  as mature as a 50 year old guy. heck no!!.

any guy that's too old for my sister will face my wrath.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
we practically mature not only by age but[b] experience [/b]too.

a 50 year old has been throught a lot in life, that a 20 year old women will have no clue about.

in my case i just think it's completely wrong

leave the young ones for us dudes who are 25 ,we look better and give better sex because we have more energy than you.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by r231(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexsinners:

i thought you did science and that is not true men also have a biological clock too. i just posted an article on it. this is not religion my frd this is your reality and my reality.
85? that is extremely rare my frd and silly  and SELFISH , when she is 20 he will be close to death and will not be able to  see his daughter marry or have kids.

men that go after uni girls are very selfish they should leave them for us younger good-looking 25 year olds that are more capable to communicate with them.Nobody wants to hangout with a old man, who doesn't know about music or celebs like they do yes girls age faster than guys but do you really expect a 20 year old girl to be  as mature as a 50 year old guy. heck no!!.

any guy that's too old for my sister will face my wrath.

Selfish ?

it happens everywhere and besides i neva told you his wife is 20. . . . . i said that i am older dan her so you have to knw my age first before jumping to conclusion
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexsinners:

so if you would like to talk about a biological ticking clock to have babies, for women it's 35,for men it's 45. after that sex will be hard for you.

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20030626/male-biological-clock-ticking-too

in terms of marriage that's ageless, thanks to god we live in a world where anything an happen.

tina turner is like 50 something and still getting calls from guys.
jlo is like 42 and is still considered hot.

same thing for men like johnny dep age 48.

i am 25 now so i have time , but i will be marrying a women closer to my age ,not a little girl where i will feel guilty of taking her youth away, pregnancy is very hard.

[b]Hello, we are talking about procreation here (the ability to conceive), and I am saying that age is NOT a factor for males as far as PROCREATION is concerned. A 90 year old male still produces s-perm cells, which are perfectly capable of fertilising an egg produced by a 20 year old female. Let me highlight specific quotes from the same document you provided;

1.  Males- "It's always been said that men make Fluid every day, and women are born with all eggs they're going to have, so the effect of male age on fertility hasn't been perceived as a major issue"

2.  Females- "Overall, researchers found that age was the most significant factor that affected the time it took to conceive".

3. Females- "The study also showed that female age remained a strong contributing factor to infertility even after accounting for other factors such as frequency of intercourse and the age of the partner".

Moreover, as brilliant as this research sounds, I can bring you 1000 journals which specifically say that age has NO role to play as far as male fertility is concerned. For instance, this study >>>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/11303188?dopt=Abstract&holding=f1000,f1000m,isrctn<< drew these conclusions "Whereas male aging is associated with a significant decline in total Fluid count, this change is not reflected in a decreased fertilization rate or a decreased live birth rate".

Therefore, it is totally erroneous and downright misleading for any religious bigot to allude that age plays an equal role in defining fertility in both male and female sexes. Let the truth be told please![/b]
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ryo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
am available ooo
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
r231:

Selfish ?

it happens everywhere and besides i neva told you his wife is 20. . . . . i said that i am older dan her so you have to knw my age first before jumping to conclusion

yes having a child at 75 is very selfish, you are suppose to grow with your child be young have energy, not be a grandpa and have all these problems,while you kid is still a CHILD and should be enyjoying their CHILDHOOD without having to help you around the house because ur very old.

claremont:

[b]Hello, we are talking about procreation here (the ability to conceive), and I am saying that age is NOT a factor for males as far as PROCREATION is concerned. A 90 year old male still produces s-perm cells, which are perfectly capable of fertilising an egg produced by a 20 year old female. Let me highlight specific quotes from the same document you provided;

1.  Males- "It's always been said that men make Fluid every day, and women are born with all eggs they're going to have, so the effect of male age on fertility hasn't been perceived as a major issue"

2.  Females- "Overall, researchers found that age was the most significant factor that affected the time it took to conceive".

3. Females- "The study also showed that female age remained a strong contributing factor to infertility even after accounting for other factors such as frequency of intercourse and the age of the partner".

Moreover, as brilliant as this research sounds, I can bring you 1000 journals which specifically say that age has NO role to play as far as male fertility is concerned. For instance, this study >>>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/11303188?dopt=Abstract&holding=f1000,f1000m,isrctn<< drew these conclusions "Whereas male aging is associated with a significant decline in total Fluid count, this change is not reflected in a decreased fertilization rate or a decreased live birth rate".

Therefore, it is totally erroneous and downright misleading for any religious bigot to allude that age plays an equal role in defining fertility in both male and female sexes. Let the truth be told please![/b]

yes age does have a role play in male biological clock, recently they have done research on, a 90 year old cannot get a 20 year old pregnant easily and anyways what 20 year old in her right mind will find a 90 year old hot? or someone who is as old as their dad hot?

in my case you are suppose to be the one taking care of your babys , at 60 years u will find it hard, trust me.

anyways what your saying is a myth and guys bodies do change lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7492323.stm
http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-male-biological-clock-its-tick-tick-ticking-too_1490614.bc

don't kid yourself satan.
btw i would like to see those articles
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by claremont(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
sexsinners:

yes age does have a role play in male biological clock, recently they have done research on, a 90 year old cannot  get a 20 year old pregnant easily and anyways what 20 year old in her right mind will find a 90 year old hot? or someone who is as old as their dad hot?
in my case you are suppose to be the one taking care of your babys , at 60 years u will find it hard,  trust me.
anyways what your saying is a myth and guys bodies do change lol
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7492323.stm
http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-male-biological-clock-its-tick-tick-ticking-too_1490614.bc
don't kid yourself satan.
btw i would like to see those articles
I have much more better things to do with my time, than argue with persons who use BBC and Babycenter articles to back up their inherent inability to reason outside their own narrow-minded box. You win, I loose, let's not derail this thread further! cool
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

I have much more better things to do with my time, than argue with persons who use BBC and Babycenter articles to back up their inherent inability to reason outside their own narrow-minded box. You win, I loose, let's not derail this thread further! cool

i showed you BBc satan that's accurate enough and baby centre is accurate too it's about having a baby duh

am not narrow minded i am telling you the truth we have a biological clock too,we just don't have medopause or periods thts all.

fine let me post this one thing

things men do not know?

Men have their own biological clock
We do indeed have a biological clock of sorts, although, instead of one that stops, ours becomes increasingly unreliable over time.

As men age, we lose approximately 1% of testosterone every year. The consequence of this deficit is that sperm production decreases, and those that are produced are of a lower quality. For this reason, the older we get, the greater the chances that the children we spawn suffer from conditions such as autism, schizophrenia and Down syndrome to name a few.

To explain why, fertility experts point to cell division: About every 16 days the cells that create sperm and determine their genetic code go through the process of dividing. By the age of 50, that division has happened hundreds and hundreds of times, and each time it did, the genetic code was vulnerable to changes that can augment genetic deterioration, making birth defects increasingly likely.

http://ca.askmen.com/entertainment/special_feature_150/181_special_feature.html

having a child at an old age is bad news for both sides.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
People who have sex before marriage also increase their kids to suffer.

this is all the devils work
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Bomi(m): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
Interested, my email is davebabajide@gmail.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Cmiller(m): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
Am young and NOT DESPERATE tnk uy
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by ifedun2: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
You are 40,so what?Like someone would say,marriage is not a passport to heaven;Am sure you must have been getting lots of propositions from Nigerian men who never miss an opportunity.My candid advise is,do not add to your problems by being desperate;Have you taken a statistic of happily married women in the real sense of it?Truth is,there are only a few of them who have bliss in their homes.My sister,what will be will be;if you are destined for marriage it will happen,no matter how late.Don't give in to pressure;Live your life and it shall be well.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by dere19: 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
send your email
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by tpia5: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
Am sure you must have been getting lots of propositions from Nigerian men who never miss an opportunity

for sure.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Adebisi33: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
Wow!

It's taken me ages to read through all of your replies, and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed - even the people who made nasty comments, as I learned a lot from those too. 

Last night, I thought long and hard about what I was desperate for - was it a man or was it children?  I realised that I'm desperate for children and feel that I'm running out of reproductive years.  I had always held on to the belief that I should be married before having children, and as many of you have pointed out, I have enough resources to support children on my own.

So… I've decided to let go of that belief, and I'm going to find a fertility clinic that deals with single women, get some tests done to work out my chances of reproducing naturally.  I'll think about my options after I get my test results (Fluid donation, adoption etc.)

This morning, I went into work with an open mind, and realised that there were lots of men (single and divorced) that I had overlooked because they were white or asian.  Many of them are even senior to me at work and most far exceed my criteria. 

At work, there are lots of networking and social events.  I'm now going to view these as opportunities to meet eligible men!  I've also joined some dating sites, in the hopes of meeting a nice man.   Although I've opened my heart to you on this forum, I won't give any indication of desperation on these dates.  (This is one of the reasons I have not put my email address or photo on nairaland.com) 

Although I plan on going to Nigeria to visit relatives, I will not be looking for a husband there.   I have the distinct impression that a woman who is unmarried and childless at 40 isn't well-regarded in Nigeria, whereas in the UK, no one (amongst my professional friends and acquaintances) even notices, as many professionals get married late. 

Also, my aunt's advice wasn't right for me: I would never be happy with a man who was only interested in me for my British Passport.  I'd rather be a single parent than face the kinds of problems some of you have mentioned on the forum.

I won't be commenting further on this topic, but I'd like to thank the following people for their compassionate replies:

2buff
boobyman
toba
coogar
MRbrownJAY
sexsinners
soreola
tpacalipse
Cuddlemii
eGuerrilla
Alorauk
Egocent
Somagirl
aloy-emeka
NatGas
http
corona46
Columella
shegosay
Leffe2010
ZE
Ivynwa
freshera
ifedun2

cool
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by warrior101: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
@OP

Crown it with walnuts ugly, You english makes you sound like a nigerian bert,

[sub][/sub]In addition to the thanks for bringing this good topic for the benefit of the 40yo single sisters out there, For hope, And Hmmm, What ev
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by madampresident(f): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
it's well
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by warrior101: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
You are 40,so what?Like someone would say,marriage is not a passport to heaven;Am sure you must have been getting lots of propositions from Nigerian men who never miss an opportunity.My candid advise is,do not add to your problems by being desperate;Have you taken a statistic of happily married women in the real sense of it?Truth is,there are only a few of them who have bliss in their homes.My sister,what will be will be;if you are destined for marriage it will happen,no matter how late.Don't give in to pressure;Live your life and it shall be well.

Bargain!
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by manalejo(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
Adebisi33

Goodluck to you
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by sexsinners(m): 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
Adebisi33:

Wow!

It's taken me ages to read through all of your replies, and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed - even the people who made nasty comments, as I learned a lot from those too. 

Last night, I thought long and hard about what I was desperate for - was it a man or was it children?  I realised that I'm desperate for children and feel that I'm running out of reproductive years.  I had always held on to the belief that I should be married before having children, and as many of you have pointed out, I have enough resources to support children on my own.

So… I've decided to let go of that belief, and I'm going to find a fertility clinic that deals with single women, get some tests done to work out my chances of reproducing naturally.  I'll think about my options after I get my test results (Fluid donation, adoption etc.)

This morning, I went into work with an open mind, and realised that there were lots of men (single and divorced) that I had overlooked because they were white or asian.  Many of them are even senior to me at work and most far exceed my criteria. 

At work, there are lots of networking and social events.  I'm now going to view these as opportunities to meet eligible men!  I've also joined some dating sites, in the hopes of meeting a nice man.   Although I've opened my heart to you on this forum, I won't give any indication of desperation on these dates.  (This is one of the reasons I have not put my email address or photo on nairaland.com) 

Although I plan on going to Nigeria to visit relatives, I will not be looking for a husband there.   I have the distinct impression that a woman who is unmarried and childless at 40 isn't well-regarded in Nigeria, whereas in the UK, no one (amongst my professional friends and acquaintances) even notices, as many professionals get married late. 

Also, my aunt's advice wasn't right for me: I would never be happy with a man who was only interested in me for my British Passport.  I'd rather be a single parent than face the kinds of problems some of you have mentioned on the forum.

I won't be commenting further on this topic, but I'd like to thank the following people for their compassionate replies:

2buff
boobyman
toba
coogar
MRbrownJAY
sexsinners
soreola
tpacalipse
Cuddlemii
eGuerrilla
Alorauk
Egocent
Somagirl
aloy-emeka
NatGas
http
corona46
Columella
shegosay
Leffe2010
ZE
Ivynwa
freshera
ifedun2

cool

embarassed embarassed embarassed your welcome God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage? / Home Alone With My Step-brother / Wife Unknowingly Dating Her Husband On Facebook. True Life Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.