Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:14 AM

Does The Internet Know More About Me Than I Know About Myself? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Does The Internet Know More About Me Than I Know About Myself? (496 Views)

What Does The Extension Phone Number Mean? / Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? / Exposed! Facebook Is Asking Random Questions To Know More About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Internet Know More About Me Than I Know About Myself? by SReporters: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
Today around 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated worldwide per day and around three quarters of this staggering amount comes from individuals. Once created, these data practically live forever. You can face this fact on the face image search engine pimeves.com, a database that shows where photos of you have ended up online.

A number of giant corporations closely track online consumer behavior so they can sell the information to advertisers and marketing companies.

Many people share their personal details online, and internet cookies track every click they make.

Such information gives companies unprecedented insight into consumers, the better to target them.

Even if consumers don't object to the use of the information, they should still have the opportunity to know all the uses to which it is put.

Almost any type of data can be used, like a fingerprint, to identify the person who created it.

Your choice of movies on Netflix, the location signals emitted by a mobile phone even your gait as recorded by a surveillance camera.

The problem is that the algorithms act autonomously. They impact people's lives, and whether they are right or wrong, no human is there to second-guess them.

#SolutionReporters

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2022/12/16/does-the-internet-know-more-about-me-than-i-know-about-myself/

Re: Does The Internet Know More About Me Than I Know About Myself? by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 17, 2022
You are Right.

There is a lot of profit to be made from selling other people's personal data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2l-kk5ihk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cctv Installations And Training In Port Harcourt...view Pics / Cctv Installations And Training In Port Harcourt...view Pics. / Basic Science Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.