Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet (511 Views)

"Girls Are Now Selling Their Eggs To Buy Human Hair In Warri" Lady Says (video) / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) / Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Oluwatoyink(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Oluwatoyink:
What's your reaction
What's your reaction

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Jeon(f): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2022
LOLZ...

MAKE EYE KNOW TORKI cheesycheesycheesy

BERRY FORNI, BOT DADDYCK HISS MORE FORNI .

3 Likes

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Jennyclay(f): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2022
Marriage is not for broke men. If you don't have money to pay your igbo girlfriend's bride price then stay far away from marriage and allow who has money to fit in your shoes. Don't put someone else daughter in poverty.

If you can't afford to pay her bride price, how do you expect to take care of her after marriage? undecided
Broke men pls fear God, biko.

1 Like

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Franzinni: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2022
Hahaha so Yoruba parents raise thier own daughters anyhow, to be able to manage street abi? No wonder Igbo men are rushing to marry Yoruba girls, who are cheap grin... See mumu thinking.

Haha it's becasue Yoruba people generally know how to excite the human emotions we sabi love oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by ibechris(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2022
I hate it when I see men complaining of bride price...it means such a man might not take care of the woman.
Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Aareakinwunmi: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2022
If you have the money to pay for an exorbitant Bride price go ahead, if you don't go for something cheaper.

As for me, if you ain't a virgin no bride price for you.

1 Like

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Rechargeam247(f): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Lol, her premise is interesting. These qualities aren't peculiar to any tribe, it's the value you place on yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by UjuJoan2: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
That’s why they marry you people and turn you slaves in your own home�

I’m proudly Igbo, but I’m not raising my daughters to be anybody’s house keeper.

1 Like

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by CodeTemplar: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2022
2023 is near and I understand the need for the lower left and lower right of the map to remain divided.

... which truly hardworking women will take a relative from village to city and turn them into slave to be raped, starved, and degraded?
Or should we call trafficking industrious too because it fetches money?
What about the woman joining the man to pound a helpless baby inside mortar?

Senseless youths with nothing to campaign with.
Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Magnoliaa(f): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2022
This one is an olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Bride Price Of Igbo Girls Are Expensive - Tweet by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
Jennyclay:
Marriage is not for broke men. If you don't have money to pay your igbo girlfriend's bride price then stay far away from marriage and allow who has money to fit in your shoes. Don't put someone else daughter in poverty.

If you can't afford to pay her bride price, how do you expect to take care of her after marriage? undecided
Broke Nigerian woman should avoid it too given the history of Nigerian men and women in marriage. undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Refused To Give My Plane Seat To Let Man Sit Next To His Wife On Her Birthday / Missing Child(photo) / Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.