Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,144 members, 7,880,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects (16013 Views)

Pencinema Police Station Agege and brt terminal Burned Down / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday / I Will Provide Efficient Rail And Waterways Transportation - Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by godofuck231: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2022
So APC " no brains " borrows money the cant generate, so PDP can come and clean up their mess ? They cant run an economy and generate wealth, only to embezzle thats what they are good at ?
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by ForgetfulJones: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
oyebanji44:
They have started copying Lagos .....

Tinubu brilliant idea is gaining momentum across the nation.... cheesy grin
as Lagos also copied someone na
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
victorVIC1:

Can you compare the road network of the "sane societies" you are referring to to the one in Nigeria? Having gone through your previous posts on Nairaland I can see it's all politics for you. Y'all should continue with your rat race. Na na sabi.

You will get no further response from me
K
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by dreamxhaser: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
sulaak:

According to UNESCO, Kaduna's literacy rate is 29.3%; let that sink in. Health care is no better. The state does need a line railway when clean water, education, and health care are lacking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_literacy_rate

Story!

If they talk, una go start dey bring literacy rate and health care trying to sound smart. How will the start be able to manage a good health care system and literacy without any means of revenue generation to back it up.

You think you know better than the government?

Please keep shut, we the people of kaduna know the difference between NEED and WANT. So we know what we need
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Thedon22: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolz
Obi is just too different and he beat them all
Here are some of his ideas and work
1. First gov that refused to collect pension and gratuity from the state he governed. Go and check the amount of money lagos pay to ex govs and their families. Na Tinubu sign am into law.
2. First and only gov to run a state without borrowing kobo. He reduced all government expenses and made sure resouces are channelled to the purpose it is intended.
3. First gov to meet high debt profile in a state, clear all the debt and and started saving for the state. He nor owed any worker salary and even pensioners.
4. First and only gov to introduce free health care to it citizens(the elderly, students and children)
5. First and only gov to pay the older citizens from 80yrs and above, 10k every month.
6. When Tinubu was using state resouces to establish oriental hotel, renaissance hotel, the nation newspaper, TV continental, max FM, falomo shopping complex and more for himself and family alone, Obi took Anambra money and invested into multinational companies that yielded dividend for his state for yrs.
7. Tinubu abused power by forcing and positioning his families into key positions. His wife to the Senate since 2011, his daughter that know nothing about trading or mkt is incharge of mkt women association. His son that know nothing about signage, is heading the lagos state signage and advertorial board. Obi refused to allow any of his childen took advantage of the fact that he was a former gov.
8. Obi won several awards and accolades as gov btw 2006 to 2014 that even fashola dat really did some of the things tinubu is claiming today can't even match.
9. Obi is the only gov that was begged and summoned by a ruling party(GEJ of PDP) to be part of the federal economy team despite been in APGA. Mind u, PDP govs were there, APC govs like Fashola etc were there, but an APGA gov of just one state was begged to come and helped the economy and we saw the result then (Nigeria was the fastest growing economy in Africa b4 APC came and destroyed everything).
10. In 2013, an IGP of police appointed by a PDP led fed govt, came out to say Anambra was the safest state for the past 5yrs based on statistics available. Obi made that happened. Hope u are awared of the bakassi boys(usakaba)? It happened in Anambra. The security challenge was heavy that the then gov have to bring in the bakassi boys to help. Obasenjo later dismantled everything. And Obi came in as gov and used the Nigeria police with vigilante to make Anambra the safest state till he left power.
11. In terms of education, you already know the statistics youself. Education was his priority.
12. Obi and akpabio were the only gov that agreed when Ngozi okonjo iweala advised the govt to save money for the raining days when we experienced the oil boom den. All the APC govs led by aregbesola, fashola and oshiomole refused savings but rather they share the money among themselves. Even aregbesola verbally abused NOI becos she advised the govt on saving for the raining days that NOI have to stopped attending national executive council meetings becos of aregbesola.

I can go on and on but make i rest here.
Pls no ex governor can come close to Obi im terms of ideas and governance.

Please name tinubu achievement as gov.
I dey wait for u
Very funny ! Simple question: How many of those supposed Obis ideas/innovations were copied by his self installed successor Obiano or the new gov Soludo ? Is it a coincidence that both of them distanced themselves from him and his campaigns. Charity they say begins at home. If your successors were not impressed by your governance in a small State, how can you earn the leadership of the whole country. Btw, most of what you wrote up there are fables !
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Mandate2023: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
kenny714433:

I'm talking to both you and your illiterate mom. You guys are idiots.

U think every mother is an illiterate like ur useless slut mother grin grin its obvious slut cannot produce a good product reason u can't do without insulting back at anything contrary to ur gutter foolish bastard opinion grin
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by ArewaNorth: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2022
kenny714433:
Do they really need this at this moment?

Only Lagos and Rivers State need this at the moment because of their unending traffic.

BRT? Yes.

Idiot, I'm from the SS.

Electricity before light rail. Will they use generators to power it?

Didn't u hear when Rufai said Kaduna state will soon be off National Grid due to their plan to have independent power in the State?
Thanks to the recent constitution amendment that take power away from Exclusive list.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by shiwex: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
oyebanji44:
They have started copying Lagos .....

Tinubu brilliant idea is gaining momentum across the nation.... cheesy grin
Fool...you think Lagos is the only place that has a light railway network in the world? Or you think they only travel to Lagos.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Nyamuri Ibo people will leave their Godforsaken HIV/erosion/potopoto ravaged region for KD

But without the people you mentioned you and your entire tribe would have been more pathetic than Benin republic.

You are a bloody parasite and unity begging attache.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Harrynight(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
shocked

Ordinary 6m Dollars a whole state will go and borrow cry
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by funkemary(f): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aside from security aspect, El Rufai is doing a great job in kaduna. The last time i visited Kaduna i was amazed; Most of the projects he started were almost completed that time
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by plaindealer: 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
Reference:

If that is how you run your business, good luck to you.
You don't know how to run it before concluding a loan for it..... very wise.
Only in Africa are carts pulling horses.
Look at all the white elephants across Nigeria from Ajaokuta to monorail in Portharcourt, from moribund refineries to dilapidating roads, from sewers in Abuja to malfunctioning airports.
They will say Nigerians have a poor maintenance culture but they don't know what causes this culture which is next to zero program planning.

They will say just put it there and it will take care of itself. The Kaduna state governor was once Minister in Abuja. Where are his buses today.... and why do they not exist. No plans for long term sustainability that will establish proper management, turning over a profit to keep the system going. If he took a loan for that scheme I hope it has been repaid.

Critical thinking is lacking in this parts because of folks like you who cannot question things but just pander to sentiment.
But what is my business. I neither live in Kaduna or will likely join you in repaying those loans one way or the other. If you like do not question how it will be run. Once the loan is taken the borrowers cares not if you have a management on ground to operate it successfully. He wants his money back with interest, period. You obviously have not learnt from what is happening in Nigeria and cannot relate the price of Christmas rice to the mindless loans this government has been taking these past years with zero accountability and invisible productivity.

If your governor is wise he had better sort out the bolts and nuts of making that thing a viable business before touching that money.

Same meaningless, redundant, backward and lazy thinking rubbish.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by omonnakoda: 12:18am On Dec 19, 2022
Thedon22:

So, who among those contesting has a better record than him? Even Obi admitted he copied from Tinubu. Tinubu has many progressive ideas that were copied by other governors outside his state including Obi. For example, Tinubu was the first governor to pay WEAC fees of all SS3 students in Nigeria and this was copied by other governors including Obi. Tell me one governance innovation from Obi that was copied after he left office. I believe in a man of vision and innovative ideas.
WAEC was free under Jakande
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Thedon22: 5:13am On Dec 19, 2022
omonnakoda:
WAEC was free under Jakande
That was one example to support my assertion. Does it invalidate it ?
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by omonnakoda: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2022
Thedon22:

That was one example to support my assertion. Does it invalidate it ?
I dunno what your assertion is just setting the record straight
By the way I dunno how that is an achievement or even a good thing
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

What is the need of the special lane when there are no traffic issues?
So we should be wasting money when there are other areas that needs urgent attentions?
There's something called long term investment. KD may not not traffic issue now. But in the figure they might. You can't tell me you know more than El Rufai.
Dubia had plenty oil when they decided to go into infrastructures. If they had said there's no infrastural issues and left it, they wouldn't be where they are now.
El Rufia, like Tinubu is a man that see things from afar and not someone the just see things just beyond his nose.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2022
Reference:

If that is how you run your business, good luck to you.
You don't know how to run it before concluding a loan for it..... very wise.
Only in Africa are carts pulling horses.
Look at all the white elephants across Nigeria from Ajaokuta to monorail in Portharcourt, from moribund refineries to dilapidating roads, from sewers in Abuja to malfunctioning airports.
They will say Nigerians have a poor maintenance culture but they don't know what causes this culture which is next to zero program planning.

They will say just put it there and it will take care of itself. The Kaduna state governor was once Minister in Abuja. Where are his buses today.... and why do they not exist. No plans for long term sustainability that will establish proper management, turning over a profit to keep the system going. If he took a loan for that scheme I hope it has been repaid.

Critical thinking is lacking in this parts because of folks like you who cannot question things but just pander to sentiment.
But what is my business. I neither live in Kaduna or will likely join you in repaying those loans one way or the other. If you like do not question how it will be run. Once the loan is taken the borrowers cares not if you have a management on ground to operate it successfully. He wants his money back with interest, period. You obviously have not learnt from what is happening in Nigeria and cannot relate the price of Christmas rice to the mindless loans this government has been taking these past years with zero accountability and invisible productivity.

If your governor is wise he had better sort out the bolts and nuts of making that thing a viable business before touching that money.
I just hope you're not supporting that who whose investment in his State is worth next to nothing.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by sulaak(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Story!

If they talk, una go start dey bring literacy rate and health care trying to sound smart. How will the start be able to manage a good health care system and literacy without any means of revenue generation to back it up.

You think you know better than the government?

Please keep shut, we the people of kaduna know the difference between NEED and WANT. So we know what we need

You can raise revenue, by cutting waste and reducing government stealing of state revenue. Kaduna insecurity that is linked to the state governors has been instrumental in the low production.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2022
Originalsly:

Isn't there other ways of making a bigger impact on transportation? Kaduna doesn't have the commuters to support a railway and bus service. Figures are always overblown ... but even if it's 100K persons per day... what old be the fare per ride to make the operation break even? ... would the 100K people be willing to pay?... or continue to use their usual transport? Money does not circulate in Kaduna as it does in Lagos... but the cost of operation is the same. Why not build a wider road network if congestion is a problem?... there is space unlike Lagos. Another misplaced priority ... thanking France for giving loan. H wouldn't France?... and India? He should come out and say the terms of the loan. He just put a weight on the heads of his people ... celebrate now ... but the harsh payback will add sufferings for yearsss to come.
There's something called foresight. Because Kaduna State isn't yet a choked up as Lagos doesn't mean El Rufai can't plan for when that happens.
If Nigeria's Government have been building railways and other infrastructures since 1960 when our population was just 45 million, railway wouldn't have been out problem when our population is over 200 million. Yet a certain man was saying Nigeria has money but don't know what to do with it.

Dubai was swimming in oil yet they decided to invest in infrastructures which paid off today. That's called foresight. El Rufai, Tinubu have foresight. We need men like them in power next year
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Devil1Messenger: 9:23am On Dec 19, 2022
Perfectbeing:
There's something called long term investment. KD may not not traffic issue now. But in the figure they might. You can't tell me you know more than El Rufai.
Dubia had plenty oil when they decided to go into infrastructures. If they had said there's no infrastural issues and left it, they wouldn't be where they are now.
El Rufia, like Tinubu is a man that see things from afar and not someone the just see things just beyond his nose.
U dull
What revenue with the extra lane bring to the state?
Do u know the amount of revenue dubai make from their infrastructure?
U be mumu
So dey should build the road and keep it till dey start experiencing traffic grin
Omo APC supporters nor true true get brain. For ur info, Tinubu was the worst gov to have ever govern lagos state.
Go and make ur research. He did nothing but rather claiming the achievement of others. He used Lagos state money to make himself very rich.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

U dull
What revenue with the extra lane bring to the state?
Do u know the amount of revenue dubai make from their infrastructure?
U be mumu
So dey should build the road and keep it till dey start experiencing traffic grin
Omo APC supporters nor true true get brain. For ur info, Tinubu was the worst gov to have ever govern lagos state.
Go and make ur research. He did nothing but rather claiming the achievement of others. He used Lagos state money to make himself very rich.
Nigeria population may hit 400 million in 2050.
If no Government starts investing in infrastructures now, they'd have themselves to blame.
If KD does not get revenue now, they'd get it in the future when population explodes.
Be foresighted like El Rufai and Tinubu. Policies doesn't have to bear fruit today now but in the far future.

Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Originalsly: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2022
Perfectbeing:

There's something called foresight. Because Kaduna State isn't yet a choked up as Lagos doesn't mean El Rufai can't plan for when that happens.
If Nigeria's Government have been building railways and other infrastructures since 1960 when our population was just 45 million, railway wouldn't have been out problem when our population is over 200 million. Yet a certain man was saying Nigeria has money but don't know what to do with it.

Dubai was swimming in oil yet they decided to invest in infrastructures which paid off today. That's called foresight. El Rufai, Tinubu have foresight. We need men like them in power next year

Why build for the distant future and not try to catch up for where we are supposed to be today?... or for the immediate future? Potable water and 24/7 electricity are basic amenities that should be in any city since the last quarter of the 20th century. We're about ending the first quarter of the 21st century.... are these two provided? Transportation.... cities first invest in road infrastructure.... building a road network and keep expanding it to avoid congestion. Bus service is used is mass transit. When the ridership will overwhelm the bus service.... and traffic jams will occur because there is no more space for new roads as in Lagos... those with foresight move to train service as phase 2 of mass transit. Many cities in the world do not have train service because they have the road network and bus service to move people around without congestion. For the US.... with all the cities with millions... New York, Chicago, Washington DC and I think California are the only cities with train service. Is it none of those Governors nor Mayor has vision? It is the same vision that have our local Governors building useless flyovers left and right. Kaduna does not need railway now ... nor in the foreseeable future.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2022
While the sum may be move the needle for BRT, it is most definitely insufficient for a light rail project. That sum is more likely to be embezzled than be utilised for 9% of the proposed project. Watch and see.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
Originalsly:

Why build for the distant future and not try to catch up for where we are supposed to be today?... or for the immediate future? Potable water and 24/7 electricity are basic amenities that should be in any city since the last quarter of the 20th century. We're about ending the first quarter of the 21st century.... are these two provided? Transportation.... cities first invest in road infrastructure.... building a road network and keep expanding it to avoid congestion. Bus service is used is mass transit. When the ridership will overwhelm the bus service.... and traffic jams will occur because there is no more space for new roads as in Lagos... those with foresight move to train service as phase 2 of mass transit. Many cities in the world do not have train service because they have the road network and bus service to move people around without congestion. For the US.... with all the cities with millions... New York, Chicago, Washington DC and I think California are the only cities with train service. Is it none of those Governors nor Mayor has vision? It is the same vision that have our local Governors building useless flyovers left and right. Kaduna does not need railway now ... nor in the foreseeable future.

Give examples of populated cities that have the money to build but don't have a railway.

Like I said before, you do not know more about Kaduna than El Rufai.
Let him run his state however he sees fit.

I'm sure you that's even talking, your prefered Candidate didn't provide portable water for the indigenes of his small state when he was Government.
But as usual, you only correct the leaders of other region and leave yours.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Originalsly: 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Give examples of populated cities that have the money to build but don't have a railway.

Like I said before, you do not know more about Kaduna than El Rufai.
Let him run his state however he sees fit.

I'm sure you that's even talking, your prefered Candidate didn't provide portable water for the indigenes of his small state when he was Government.
But as usual, you only correct the leaders of other region and leave yours.

I call it as I see it.... it has nothing to do with tribe, religion or political affiliation. ... the reason I can support what I say.

Phoenix, 5 million people....Las Vegas, 2.5 million ... Columbus, Ohio ... 2 million .. Nashville .. 2 million and there are tens of others ... no railway.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Perfectbeing(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2022
Originalsly:

I call it as I see it.... it has nothing to do with tribe, religion or political affiliation. ... the reason I can support what I say.

Phoenix, 5 million people....Las Vegas, 2.5 million ... Columbus, Ohio ... 2 million .. Nashville .. 2 million and there are tens of others ... no railway.
I thought you'd be giving cities with population of over 5 million. Seems I'm wasting my time with you. Bye
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Originalsly: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
Perfectbeing:

I thought you'd be giving cities with population of over 5 million. Seems I'm wasting my time with you. Bye

Why over 5 million?... Kaduna has a population of 1.2 million and is not a fast growing city.
Re: Kaduna Secure $6 Million Loan For Light Rail And BRT Projects by Tundex911: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
They won be like Lagos but forget say photocopy ko easy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Nasir El-Rufai Visits Destitutes' Home In Kaduna / Plateau Assembly: Names Of 6 Suspended Lawmakers As Majority Back Nuhu Abok / Tudun Biri, Igabi Villagers Bombed In Kaduna During Maulud Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.