Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,124 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? (344 Views)

Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions / Kylian Mbappe Makes History At The World Cup As Cristiano Ronaldo Crashed Out / Ola Aina Still In Contention For World Cup As Rohr Axes 4 Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by DeAdvokate(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
I started watching the world cup during USA 1994 with Brazil winning that year. Followed by France 1998, (France hosted and won Zidane was the star Man), then comes Korea/Japan 2002 (Brazil won), Germany 2006, won by Italy (Zidane vs Mattarazi formed the villains of that tourney won by Italy cool cool cool).

Then comes the turn of South Africa to host in 2010 ( The Shabalala goal plus the commentary by Peter Drury made my day grin grin grin) won by Spain, that final can go for a Wrestling fight, the 'famous' Howard Webb was at the centre of it all just like Netherlands vs Argentina Quarter Final Match officiated by Lahoz the Spanish ref in Qatar.

2014 came very fast in Brazil, the host nation were eventually knocked down 7-1 by eventual winners Germany, (Messi's heart was broken Lol grin). Then comes the controversial hosting Russia 2018, won by France!

Today marks the end of the Qatar Fifa World Cup, with different upsets down the history book!

My favorite world cup has to be the Korea/Japan in 2002 Ronaldo Delima was just unplayable for Brazil plus Senegal made Africa proud by defeating defending champions France!

How many world cups have you seen and which is your favorite?
Re: Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by Weirdcamila: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Congratulations.
Re: Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by DeAdvokate(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Congratulations.

Thanks!

How many u don watch grin
Re: Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by samtol4(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2022
I started watching the world cup in 1986. I recalled Mexico 86. Zico & Careca for Brazil. Plant ini, Tegana for France. Maradona, Valdano for Argentina. Mexico 86 was dramatic when Maradona score with hand. Then Italia 90. Roger Milla, Biyik brothers , Thomas Okono & Makanaki for Cameroon. Since then I have watched most matches.
Re: Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by Freestainworld(m): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
samtol4:
I started watching the world cup in 1986. I recalled Mexico 86. Zico & Careca for Brazil. Plant ini, Tegana for France. Maradona, Valdano for Argentina. Mexico 86 was dramatic when Maradona score with hand. Then Italia 90. Roger Milla, Biyik brothers , Thomas Okono & Makanaki for Cameroon. Since then I have watched most matches.
let me help you and off mic, you are truly an elder but don't follow the part of Tinubu grin
Re: Qatar 2022: This Will Be My 8th World Cup As A Fan! How Many Have You Witnessed? by Thortp(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
USA 94

(1) (Reply)

Who Betrayed Cristiano Ronaldo / Ticket For Messi, Ronaldo Clash Sold For $2.6m (pictures) / Chelsea Reach Agreement With PSV For British-born Nigerian Winger, Noni Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.