Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,160 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:37 PM

How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? (1328 Views)

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria / Tambuwal To Buhari: "You Are Too Old To Govern Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by pedrilo: 6:15am On Dec 19, 2022
tolue42:

That's the problem with you all this Obidense, can a president make a law without senate ?

If your answer is "NO" then Obi will be a lone president, who can never achieve anything...
Shut up u fool.
Do you know how he governed Anambra state?
His party was not in control of the state HOA.
Go and verify
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Validated: 6:22am On Dec 19, 2022
OP, truth is that in Osun State, Adeleke as the State Chief Executive is already changing all the bad policies of Oyetola, even with majority APC HOA members. In Edo, Obaseki handled irresponsible HOA assembly members and clipped their wings. In Imo, Uzodinma influenced all PDP HOA members to transmute to APC members. Amaechi worked with 3 HOA members for over 2 years, heaven did not fall.

When Peter Obi is sworn in, it is that time you will know that ALL APC and PDP members from SE and SS will rise up and defend "our own". So reps and Senators from the following states will queue behind him first.
- Enugu
- Imo
- Abia
- Anambra
- Ebonyi
- Delta (North)
and then, many states in the south and North Central would join LP or work with him while still in their parties. After all, APGA and YPP members have all been in alliance with PDP in opposition. So, do not worry yourself, when we get to the presidency, things will take shape. For your information, when PO becomes president, PDP and other parties will automatically queue behind him so that APC will remain the broken record of opposition party. Go and ask Mimiko how it worked in Ondo state in his time as LP governor.

This is a no issue.
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by tolue42(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2022
pedrilo:

Shut up u fool.
Do you know how he governed Anambra state?
His party was not in control of the state HOA.
Go and verify

Nigeria is not Anambra foolish boy
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by idogbe14170: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2022
Let him win firstLet him win first...
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
kingmaster2009:

Nyamiri justifying nonsense as usual....

The simple question is there is no senator, rep, or governor in Labour parry .. How will he be a loner and rule on majority parity...

The simple answer to this question is that ..he will change back to PDP...so that he can have some crowd .....
He is a serial political prostitute. he will keep changing parties till he fades away.

He vowed not to leave APGA but today he is in Labour party....if someone can vow and didn't keep his vow ...how did.he want to keep ordinary promise for the citizens....

ObiDENSE will still refute it...

I thought you had some brain in your skull. How many senators crossed party last year?

Were you signatory or witness to the alleged promise made to APGA?
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
samunaka:

My friend don't deviate from a very sensible topic that this gentle man has put forward, you people are just shouting Obi, and no body is campaigning for a single labor party candidate for senate or HOR, where on this earth have seen a president ruling a country with out a single member of his party in the national assembly in a presidential system, it will not work, if he is sworn in on the 29 of May, he will be impeached on the 29 of June, just a month later, you better face the reality,

I see nothing sensible in people who are afraid of the future because of the events of the past.

You asked why no one is campaigning for senators and house of representatives?

How many of the senators and house of representatives are PDP and APC campaigning for?

I am disappointed to see someone who writes so we'll be has little knowledge about issues.

The issue of impeachment is a beer parlor gist. Bringing it here show how lacking in knowledge and exposure you are.
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
tolue42:

That's the problem with you all this Obidense, can a president make a law without senate ?

If your answer is "NO" then Obi will be a lone president, who can never achieve anything...

You need to check up on Nigerians constitution. They are many instances a president can over rule the Senate.

Secondly, president give approval to laws he doesn't make them. Tell me why the Senate should hinder their own law?

Urchinss are too slow when it come to mental issues.
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by gidgiddy: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
target007:
I QUITE APPRECIATE THOSE WHO WANT PETER OBI TO WIN THE PRESIDENCY COME 2023, BUT WHAT THE MAJORITY ARE FAILING TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS NOT ONLY THE PRESIDENCY THAT RULES NIGERIA.

HOW WILL MR. PETER OBI PASS THE MAJORITY OF THE CHANGES HE HOPES TO BRING TO NIGERIANS WHEN HE DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE MEMBER OF THE LABOUR PARTY CANDIDATES IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND SENATE.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW HE WILL GOVERN NIGERIA?

PLEASE NOTE (I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF EITHER APC OR PDP), BUT THEY ALREADY HAVE STRUCTURES IN PLACE ACROSS NIGERIA TO GOVERN THE COUNTRY AND ALSO ANY OF THEIR FAILURE TO WIN WILL MAKE THEM 'DEADLY' OPPOSITIONS TO MR. PETER OBI'S PRESIDENCY.

MR. PETER OBI HIMSELF KNOWS THIS, BUT HE ONLY GETS THERE AND USES THE EXCUSES OF NOT BEING SUPPORTED BY THE SENATE AND THE H.O.R.

I AM SURE HE WOULD HAVE FULFILLED HIS OWN PERSONAL AGENDA OF BECOMING A PRESIDENT, BUT HE IS GOING TO BE A LION WITHOUT TEETH.

THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS.

COMMENTS FROM YOU GUYS, WHAT'S YOUR SAY? HOW WILL PETER OBI RULE NIGERIA AS THE SOLE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FROM A PARTY THAT HAS NO OTHER CANDIDATES IN THE HOUSE OF SENATE AND REPRESENTATIVE HOW?

PLEASE TELL ME, NIGERIANS - THIS IS A MUST-ANSWER QUESTION. IF NOT, WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE 1.

You seem not to know how things work in Nigeria. If Peter Obi wins the election, many of these people you are calling APC and PDP will defect to the Labour Party within one month
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by FreedomfromtheT: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Eniitankorede:

No point thinking about that problem because it will not arise. Obi will only win on Tweeter. This is a fact. No matter the number of opinion polls in his favour. Because everyone can see there's media manipulation in everything happening. But the common masses are wiser. When its time to vote, they know who to vote for in reality.
Your wishes. Those posting on Twitter are Nigerians and majority of them are voting on election day. In 2014/2015, president Buhari was favoured by same Twitter users and it manifested in the actual election. If you are banking on rigging or disenfranchisement of Obi's supporters, you will fail. If you think Obi's supporters will be discouraged by this your stale 'Peter Obi will not win' chants, you are just wasting your time. Obidients have made up their minds to prove naysayers wrong. As for how he will work with the National Assembly, I believe some members of the National Assembly will be elected under the Labour Party. Apart from that, A lot of National Assembly members will eventually decamp to the Labour Party after Peter Obi emerges just to belong to the president's party. A lot of politicians in other parties are already campaigning with Obi's pictures. Peter Obi is Nigeria's next president. Thank you.
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by tolue42(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
Thanksful:

You need to check up on Nigerians constitution. They are many instances a president can over rule the Senate.

Secondly, president give approval to laws he doesn't make them. Tell me why the Senate should hinder their own law?

Urchinss are too slow when it come to mental issues.

Your eyes go clear... Who approves loans for president??

Can a president get a loan outside the country without senators approval?
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Kingspin(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
target007:
I QUITE APPRECIATE THOSE WHO WANT PETER OBI TO WIN THE PRESIDENCY COME 2023, BUT WHAT THE MAJORITY ARE FAILING TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS NOT ONLY THE PRESIDENCY THAT RULES NIGERIA.

HOW WILL MR. PETER OBI PASS THE MAJORITY OF THE CHANGES HE HOPES TO BRING TO NIGERIANS WHEN HE DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE MEMBER OF THE LABOUR PARTY CANDIDATES IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND SENATE.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW HE WILL GOVERN NIGERIA?

PLEASE NOTE (I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF EITHER APC OR PDP), BUT THEY ALREADY HAVE STRUCTURES IN PLACE ACROSS NIGERIA TO GOVERN THE COUNTRY AND ALSO ANY OF THEIR FAILURE TO WIN WILL MAKE THEM 'DEADLY' OPPOSITIONS TO MR. PETER OBI'S PRESIDENCY.

MR. PETER OBI HIMSELF KNOWS THIS, BUT HE ONLY GETS THERE AND USES THE EXCUSES OF NOT BEING SUPPORTED BY THE SENATE AND THE H.O.R.

I AM SURE HE WOULD HAVE FULFILLED HIS OWN PERSONAL AGENDA OF BECOMING A PRESIDENT, BUT HE IS GOING TO BE A LION WITHOUT TEETH.

THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS.

COMMENTS FROM YOU GUYS, WHAT'S YOUR SAY? HOW WILL PETER OBI RULE NIGERIA AS THE SOLE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FROM A PARTY THAT HAS NO OTHER CANDIDATES IN THE HOUSE OF SENATE AND REPRESENTATIVE HOW?

PLEASE TELL ME, NIGERIANS - THIS IS A MUST-ANSWER QUESTION. IF NOT, WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE 1.
Vote Sowore
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
tolue42:

Your eyes go clear... Who approves loans for president??

Can a president get a loan outside the country without senators approval?

The country has really messed up your mentality. We don't need loans. If we really do, they don't have options.

You want the masses to mob them?

They use that thing call brain abeg.
Re: How Will Mr. Peter Obi Govern Nigeria, If He Wins In 2023 As A Loner President? by Fortruth: 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Must abolish all those stupid states and go to regional setup…

Banks Went Up In Flames!!! / We Will Start Respecting Data In This Country / Breaking: ARISE News Crew Attacked At Elegushi Palace