Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

“doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume (465 Views)

Jubilation As George Akume Arrives SGF Office After Swearing-in (Video, Photos) / Boss Mustapha Hands Over To George Akume (Photos) / The Moment Peter Obi And His Wife Arrived At The Venue Of The Benue State Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Biodun556(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Biodun556(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
Jonathan legacy

Doyin Okupe

Former governor of Benue State and current Senate Minority Leader, Senator George Akume has on Tuesday confirmed that President Goodluck Jonathan’s new aide, Dr. Doyin Okupe, won a contract with the Benue state government during his administration and disappeared without executing the project.

According Akume who would wish not to be dragged into the deal that has now prompted calls for Mr. Okupe’s immediate dismissal, his successor, Gabriel Suswam as well as Dr. Okupe, should provide answers to any concerns on the contract and deal with the matter as necessary.

“Government is continuous; there is a new government there (Benue) now, and again, the man involved is alive and should speak on that,” the former governor, now the Senate Minority Leader, said on Tuesday through his spokesperson, Becky Orpin.

However, Benue State Commissioner of Information governor, Conrad Wergba, said he had limited information about the contract and will respond after reaching out to appropriate officials.

His aide, Mrs. Orpin, however confirmed the contract existed after she received briefings from officials knowledgeable about the deal.

“I can confirm that there was such a contract,” she said, in response to a question on whether the presidential aide truly got a contract but failed to deliver.

Dr. Akume would not however say why the contract failed and what action his government took to compel Mr. Okupe to deliver on the project after making payment to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by lhordspy: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Another one.

Peter Obi is surrounded by thieves. And the funniest part is he chose these guys himself. Show me your friends, and i will tell you who you are.

How do you expect me to trust such a man that romances and moves along with thieves? How do you expect me to vote a man like that who i cant trust with the nation's funds.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by LeoDeKing: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
You mean the DG of the party which wants to "save" Nigeria is a serial criminal?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by duro4chang(m): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
So no be today? The man don dey thief money for long. No wonder he joined Labour party the Haven of thieves

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by sapele914(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:
You mean the DG of the party which wants to "save" Nigeria is a serial criminal?
The Hen done finally come House come chop.

3 Likes

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Hopebringer: 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Shut up thief.

Scammer grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by oyebanji44: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
grin cheesy grin grin

Doyin okupe is just an ordinary common thief

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Cubalabloo(m): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
If Doyin defrauded Nigeria as a nation, it only means he defrauded all Nigerians.

But wait, if Akume is bold enough to release this information to the public, why do it now? Why did he not take the man to court then?

Akume should help us mention the names of those who lotted atleast Benue state before, during and after his tenure as Governor. He shouldn't forget to include his name on the list!
Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Cubalabloo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
lhordspy:
Another one.

Peter Obi is surrounded by thieves. And the funniest part is he chose these guys himself. Show me your friends, and i will tell you who you are.

How do you expect me to trust such a man that romances and moves along with thieves? How do you expect me to vote a man like that who i cant trust with the nation's funds.
Talking about thieves, those guys you mentioned are just smaller thieves. You are about to fulking elect bigger thieves in charge of the financial coffers of our government!

Are you really ok?
Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by greatiyk4u(m): 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
lhordspy:
Another one.

Tinubu is not just surrounded by thieves but he is a thief himself
Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by derecho(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kikikiki... OBIdients no even get una time.
Na una dey set una questions, still dey mark am.

We love the entertainment.

11 more hours una go tire

OBIdients na una master
Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Cubalabloo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
This news is fake. Why? Sen. Akume is no longer in the chambers as the !minority leader as claimed by the Op. The man is a minister!
Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Obaofaba: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
I'm sure he will not go to jail because of the Nigeria's corrupt judicial system. The judge has already gave him a very soft landing because of the option of a fine which might have been met.

However, I call on the EFCC to rearrest him immediately to answer this new allegation.

I can confidently call him a criminal because the court has sentenced him.

He's Obi's friend, and as the saying goes, show me your friend.........

Anyway, I'm not expecting anything good from them both from the beginning. His conviction has further proven us right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “doyin Okupe Defrauded The Benue State Government,” Former Governor George Akume by Realist12: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Isn't it ironic that people promoting saint Obi are also defending Okupe. It just shows that they are not anti corrupt but wants their own people to be the beneficiaries of that corruption they claim to be fighting. Not like they don't know Obi was a beneficiary of PDP'S corrupt government. You'd be surprised they will defend Obi as well when he gets indicted .

A case of Barabbas and Jesus . The headless mob will defend Barabbas

(1) (Reply)

Post Your 2022 Political Cartoons And Memes Here / Breaking: Why Is Adeyanju Deji Neither Here Nor There? Is He A Poliharlot? / Igbos Don't Know How To Play Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.