Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. (745 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam / New Trick Used By Ritualists, Please Take Note!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by NaijaSideHustle: 7:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Just received this message - supposedly from GTB, and it got me confused.

Dear Customer, your new GTBANK Acct No is 0750309***. Please note that your maximum single deposit is N50,000 and your Acct balance cannot exceed N300,000

I was perplexed. It took me a while to remember that the phone number they sent this to is not registered with GTB.

The big question is, how can a sane country allow this to take place when NIN and BVN are done - which can be used to track these criminals?

And I'm sure, many people will fall for this based on the new CBN policy.

What's it with our country? lipsrsealed
Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by everythinggirly(f): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2022
Thanks for sharing, scammers don full our society, they don't have any atom of pity.
Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by youngbabaj(m): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2022
This scam also happened in Germany not only Nigeria
Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by Suunnn(f): 7:39am On Dec 20, 2022
NaijaSideHustle:
Just received this message - supposedly from GTB, and it got me confused.

Dear Customer, your new GTBANK Acct No is 0750309***. Please note that your maximum single deposit is N50,000 and your Acct balance cannot exceed N300,000

I was perplexed. It took me a while to remember that the phone number they sent this to is not registered with GTB.

The big question is, how can a sane country allow this to take place when NIN and BVN are done - which can be used to track these criminals?

And I'm sure, many people will fall for this based on the new CBN policy.

What's it with our country? lipsrsealed
Thank you for the update
Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by Kooldon(f): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Even Nairaland here is full of scammers with different formats. So you are technically updating the scammers with the new format.

1 Like

Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by Truvelisback(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2022
everythinggirly:
Thanks for sharing, scammers don full our society, they don't have any atom of pity.
Some of these Bank staffs are Fraudsters and they work with fraudsters.
Re: The Latest Bank Scam. Take Note. by muyico(m): 8:19am On Dec 20, 2022
Kooldon:
Even Nairaland here is full of scammers with different formats. So you are technically updating the scammers with the new format.
U ha 1 of dem! U didnt use ur real pic on urdp hr

(1) (Reply)

Premium VPN, Foreign Numbers & Accounts Logins. / Mexican Cartel Kills American Tourists That Went For BBL / Achraf Hakimi Rape Allegation And Divorce Case.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.