Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,789 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations (236 Views)

Heritage Bank: CBN Should Not Destabilize The Country's Financial System —Obi / Individuals Not Required By Law To Pay 0.05% Levy; CBN Should Apologise - Falana / Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations by tk4radi: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2022
After reading through these earlier Nairaland threads:
Banks Told To Write Down Serial Number Of New Naira Notes During Withdrawal.

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release.

I started thinking about a lot of things.

And also, I came to realise that “Strict Restriction of the flow of physical-cash” is highly detrimental to the economy.

Thus, some better ideas of how control and monitor the flow of the physical-cash within the economy - using technological methods - came into me..

And here below are the ideas.

For Better Security Of The Newly Released Naira Notes, And For Easy Tracking Of The Movements And The Circulation Of The New Naira Notes..,,
The CBN should introduce some “hidden uniqe machine-readable codes” on the individual notes, which also distinguishes these notes individually, so that, some specially-designed electronically-interconnected money-counting machines can always quickly read these hidden codes on the individual notes as they are being counted by these specially-made money-counting machines..

And thus, a weekly or a monthly complex-analyses that would conducted by the CBN on the all data of the codes of the Naira-notes that were counted by all these special-machines all over the country, can tell a-lot about the circulation-history of the different naira-notes,, and also, it can tell which Naira-notes are fake notes, and also, which Naira-notes that were not issued by the CBN.

This idea of mine seems to be very difficult, but then, it is not impossible.
It would definitely control the Misuse of the Naira-notes.

Furthering, restricting the flow of money is not the best method for controlling the Misuse of money. Restrictions would ultimately reduce the volume of trade, especially the petty-trade businsesses which usually happen in large quantities on daily basis, and which still requires huge amount of physical-cash to be in circulation.
Re: A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations by tk4radi: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2022

All we care for is a better country which benefits everybody, AND NOT JUST A FEW PERSONS.

Re: A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations by tk4radi: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations by tk4radi: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Nlfpmod
Re: A Better Technology Which The CBN Should Use To Control Cash Circulations by tk4radi: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2022
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Ahead Of 2023 Election / I Vacated Reps Seat For Senate Over Equity, Fairness – Peller / This Is Why Nigerians Can Be Obedient And Victorious In 2023 Election*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.