Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,146 members, 7,887,328 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:51 AM

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh (25439 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups / 'i've Won 3 Trophies, What More Could I Do?' - Ronaldo Talks About Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by jojothaiv(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
That's Sunday Oliseh's personal opinions and that's his right.

For those see Messi as the greatest too, that's their opinion and there's no point forcing yours on them.

Last but not the least, for those see C. Ronaldo as one too, all fine.

Most passionate opinions are neither facts not the final truth but the beauty of it, is no matter how intellectually and emotionally deficient one is, you can't be so poor not to afford your own personal opinion.

Mustapha, grill the tea a little bit and toast the eggs too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Originalsly:
Pele is the greatest player ever period... and not because he has 3 world cups only. He was the heart of the team ... the one that the opposing team be scratching their heads to devise plans and strategies to contain him.... the one who creates havoc for the opposing team ... the crafty super talented one with a whole bag of tricks.... the one who his team is reduced to just another competitive team if he is not included ... the one that made changes to the game... the one that inspired others who copied sooo many of his moves. Which other player is so talented ... creative and brought new moves to the sport? Messi? ... Maradona? ... Ronaldo? The greatest is more than number of cups. Michael Jordan has rings ... Robert Horry has 7 ... Bill Russell has 11 .... so why is Michael Jordan considered the greatest? Simple... the impact he has on the sport. What record does Tiger Wood have?... but yet considered the greatest... why? Pele is the greatest ... fact.

Did you watch Pele play?

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Aguogba(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niwdog:
Absolutely balderdash
Serious Balablu from Olise. Pele that won world cups without OFFSIDE rule and VAR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Slynation(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Heffalump:
When I see Messi fans jubilating with all manner of fantasy, calling him GOAT with so much adulation and encomiums, as if he single handedly won the world cup for Argentina, I concluded that these people are myopic and jobless. Afterall, one shishi will not enter your pocket out of the millions in Messi's account. Some even went ahead to drag CR7, who is far richer than Messi as if they're doing Messi a great honor and favor.

When I see these people, I just laugh. The actual football GOAT is no one but the indomitable "KING PELE", not Ronaldo or Messi.
I don't know what you are saying...

But keep the Talent of Messi during Pele's era, he would be banging in 5 goals on average per match...

But keep Pele's talent in this Messi's era, he would not even make second eleven in any professional team...

You can Argue this pure facts with your keyboard...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by SouthSouth1914: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Word!! Foolish Messi fans would rush to attack him without reasoning. Anyone who doesn’t support Messi questionable quest is an enemy.

Shame!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by MT: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
adamusuleiman1:
100 percent in agreement.
Pele led Brazil to a world Cup victory at the age of 17.

Ronaldo fans, you have shifted to MESSI vs Pele. The battle for Ronaldo is lost. Right?.

Let me tell you again - Messi is above Pele and Maradona. He is a direct scion of the footballing god.

Tell me a cup that Pele win, that Messi did not win. I will tell you cups that Messi won, which Pele didnt win. It was not my concern if those were not existing during Pele's day. Since una want to fight rough, we are ready.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Masterviolence:

Ok sighted
We're talking about a general role as a player.
And Messi is far from Ronaldo in that, Ronaldo do not come close.
Talking about a striker: Lionel Messi is more of a play Maker than a striker because he controls the game. So his position most of the time is the midfield, and a player like that is supposed to have high number of assist than goals, but he's competing with the best strikers in the world in terms of goals.

Ronaldo Ronaldo that you people are talking about as the highest goal scorer is just 26 goals ahead of Messi who's closing in faster than Ronaldo can score.
And Ronaldo has played 142 more games than Messi.

Before you push me into the GOAT DEBATE your ewu's world cup should be on the table
His cups are in his museum.
Leave my Ronaldo alone
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Jaytecq(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Masterito:
See how Messi struggled to get one world cup and what it meant to him. Now imagine someone won 3 of the same cup.

Are you aware few teams participate in those worldcup tournaments?

Thr was no Back pass rule

No Var

Few football talents too, unlike wht we have today.

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by maestroferddi: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
iykofias:
because they won abi, and you all were saying Messi won’t win anything with his national team, all of a sudden they have the best team
lol...

They were jubilating when Saudi Arabia beat Argentina...

Come and see how dark some people's hearts are...

Messi has answered all the questions...

The only GOAT that even Barack Obama has already recognized...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by blueAgent(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sagamite:

Foolish statement by a non-analytical brain!

I don't know where it is written that Pele won any WC.

I know of places where it is written that Brazil (with its team) has won WC, but no where Pele, Maradona or Messi have won it.

Teams win Cups!

Oliseh obviously lacks an analytical brain. He is probably a doer and needs to be told what to implement. He is not supposed to be a member of the thinking department.

In his stupid mind, Cafu, Garrincha and Zagallo are the second greatest players ever "because they won 2 WCs".

Using team statistics to assess individual performance is height of stupidity.

All German players in 1990 were greater players than him because "they won WC"?

Foolishness always astonish me!

And they wonder why they struggle to get thinking jobs.

So true.

3 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by blueAgent(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sagamite:

Baboon, so where in Science, Innovation, Technology and Development are you Black monkeys G.O.A.Ts?

Your dumb ass is fighting yourself, thinking you are fighting whites, in areas that don't make much difference in your life.

Na zoo you suppose dey make white people come dey look you jump and run with pride.

So true .

The guy na big FOOL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Indispensable85(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
iykofias:
because they won abi, and you all were saying Messi won’t win anything with his national team, all of a sudden they have the best team

Gat no time for lunatics.
Bounce!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by DaveJacuzie: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Ok because messi don win World cup now, it's no longer messi vs Pendu? grin Pendu fans don turn am to messi vs Pele? grin chai!!! All these Pendu fans sef grin always trying to discredit messi
I tire for them o!. Before world cup, they said if only Messi wins the world cup, then he would be the G.O.A.T.

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Softmirror: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
blueAgent:
Rubbish, win 3 World cups with a star studded team.
When world cup was less competitive, Brazil and a few countries dominated it.
This generation a young Pele with this Brazilian squad would not get to 2 semi finals talkless of carrying 3 world cup.

Most blacks are sympathetic towards Pele been the GOAT

HOW OLD ARE YOU?!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Jaytecq(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
Originalsly:
Pele is the greatest player ever period... and not because he has 3 world cups only. He was the heart of the team ... the one that the opposing team be scratching their heads to devise plans and strategies to contain him.... the one who creates havoc for the opposing team ... the crafty super talented one with a whole bag of tricks.... the one who his team is reduced to just another competitive team if he is not included ... the one that made changes to the game... the one that inspired others who copied sooo many of his moves. Which other player is so talented ... creative and brought new moves to the sport? Messi? ... Maradona? ... Ronaldo? The greatest is more than number of cups. Michael Jordan has rings ... Robert Horry has 7 ... Bill Russell has 11 .... so why is Michael Jordan considered the greatest? Simple... the impact he has on the sport. What record does Tiger Wood have?... but yet considered the greatest... why? Pele is the greatest ... fact.

Its simple: Messi has won EVERYTHING in football

3 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by MT: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
People would rate Messi, it was Oliseh of all people. Sunday Oliseh of all people want to evaluate Oluwa Messi grin grin grin.

Where are the credentials that qualify him to be talking about Sheikh, god Messi ?.

What did he achieve in his sorry professional life

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by viodemus: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Much respect to Pele, but let's not forget, he played during a time when the league had less skills. Even in Brazil, ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos are more revered.

As for Messi, he is the Greatest Of All Time. Case closed. No be when he die, e go clear for me.

Much respect to the other skilled players.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Shikena(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Uchesis:

Pele was a local champion. He never played in Europe. That's not the kind of GOAT we want abeg. Maradona tried at least he played at Napoli
Pele ruled the world 3 times, Europe inclusive. At 17, he ruled the world like a colossus right inside Europe grin
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Sweetplum:

His cups are in his museum.
Leave my Ronaldo alone
cheesy
Hope you got the point sha grin
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by FaithBrain1994(m): 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
Who is this Oliseh?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Eriokanmi: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
No doubt
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
ValCon888:
There can't be a greatest of all time. Only greatest of a generation.
Its always an era... They didn't play same time... FIFA knows this well ... Thats why there is no award for it...
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by MT: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Shikena:

Pele ruled the world 3 times, Europe inclusive. At 17, he ruled the world like a colossus right inside Europe grin

How many countries were playing then?

Pele didnt rule the world, he ruled a compound grin grin grin.

Messi truly rules the world - he conquered all the continents combined.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Ok because messi don win World cup now, it's no longer messi vs Pendu? grin Pendu fans don turn am to messi vs Pele? grin chai!!! All these Pendu fans sef grin always trying to discredit messi
Na mumu dey drag messi with cr7... Messi is better... But goat... Not for any player... They all didn't play same time... Its an era...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Kaysalas(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
jeromestarks:
if you want to make it in 2023, leave this G.O.A.T argument behind.

If you want to prosper in 2023, do not give any girl who isn't you family money except it's exchange for sex.

If you want your life to be better in 2023, don't date a single mother. They are operating under a different level of curse.

If you want to finish 2023 in praise, do not commit to a girl you did not disvirgin. Just fvck and pass her to the others when you're tired.

If you want to be happy in 2023, do not try to impress any body. Do what pleases you and you alone.

Finally, if you want the future of your children to be safe after 2023, Do NOT vote Atiku.
Jerome Starks, the hand of the king, you nor go kill person I swear grin
Nor worry, we nor dey vote Atiku, na Infinity insignia all the way. Emilokan wink
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

See this hypocrite Oliseh. Just last week he was still calling Pendu GOAT when Morocco bundled him out. When he's now seen Messi has won the trophy he suddenly remembers Pele. The guy is just a fickle loudmouth.
You are the loud mouth ... Compare 3 to 1 ... He even won all three before he was 30 ... Messi is behind pele... Una too like noise... Even Argentina still rate maradona to messi
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Jokerman(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
mumu how far, I thought Pendu use to be ewure why you no include his name lmao

Lol... bro... still on still

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Pessi (because of world cup)
4. Cr7 ( 2026 we are going back to 2)
5. Zidane
6. Delima (No UCL)
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
yinkeys:

I can guarantee that the World Cup wasn’t competitive back then grin
When were you born?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
FlawlessKarl:

shocked

Wining world cup in the era of Pele was more easier than now, Messi era is a complete different era In football only the strong survive.
Mbappe played to finals consecutively...
See your mouth like easy... Can current players survive the tackles then and also play heavy football
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
maestroferddi:
So it means the football age you were using to play is false because going by your so-called DOB, there is no way you could have seen Pele play to be able to make a judgement...

Have you heard of that wonderful invention called the moving picture?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by gannod(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
He is right. Some football fans actually think football started in 2005. No player comes close to Pele.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Simy Nwankwo Equals Aiyegbeni’s Decade-old Goalscoring Record / Belgium Vs Morocco: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 ( 0 - 2) On 27th Nov 2022 / Adegboye Onigbinde And Anne's Marriage Dissolved By Court After 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.