Stats: 3,193,564 members, 7,951,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks (23385 Views)

Femi Otedola Exposes ‘fraudulent’ Transactions In Zenith Account / CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by oneMalik: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
By the grace of God you will start paying
Tax from 2023.

It's a sure sign of success!

NEUDUDE:

Lol. Pay tax that will enter kleptomaniac politifcians hand. Heavens forbid grin
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by Everest9(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
francichuks:
I think it is a good policy. U see,Truth be told,majority who criticise d CBN governor knows in d debt of their heart that it is aimed at bringing citizens to do their civic obligation or u call it responsibilitiy. For instance,if u dont have any business with Domiciliary account or transaction,wetin cincern u? It is a way of saying,to whom much is giving(those who earn in hard currencies) should also pay in proportion to d tune of what they earn(much is expected). D only reservation I have in all these,is that d economy doesn't encourage husslers,especially those who don't do fraud business. D economy is too harsh! Even hinest people are tempted 2 do wrong things,when they are frustrated,by harsh economic background. U know,in this country,Poverty is a default setting. Haba! Let start creating d enabling environment by ourselves,by voting d right people to public offices,especially in this forth coming election in 2023.
I disagree with you, if they actually need money they should start taxation on assets including the type of cars etc.

Other developed countries take from the rich to help the poor but in Nigeria, they take from the poor to feed the rich, when I see comments like this ....
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by NEUDUDE: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
oneMalik:
By the grace of God you will start paying
Tax from 2023.

It's a sure sign of success!

No be me and you. Maybe you and your immediate family grin
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by bdon123(m): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
fxexperts:
This guy na real Suffering and smiling people for this country. You really think this policy will not affect you. It may not affect you directly because you have never had dollar all your life, but I can assure you it will definitely affect you indirectly. When you can no longer buy the cheap andriod phone you are using to browse NL then your eyes will be open. Nigerians and black Africans are truly good at glorifying their slave masters.

You really do not know what is going on. by the time Emefilelefe and PMB are done with Nigerians you all will share tears of blood.
We totally support d new police regarding cash transactions.All other stupid policies hes been executing over d years we totally some support.
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by zolajpower: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
bdon123:

U xpect emefiele to name terrorist sponsors for u? Something that ur government are not willing to as they cronies are d sponsor of terrorism in naija.See ano emefiele is incompetent in many ways,bt not in this.He has d backing of we de people.Wat he is doing affects me alot,bt i still support d new notes n reduction of cash in d economy.As i always say,if u afraid to use bank apps for ur transactions,u probably are not legit

My brother I'm deeply affected too . Emefiele didn't get this one right , for the new note , and cash withdrawal limit for d day I'm ok but the dollar transaction in d bank d guy nor just try
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
SolarEdge:
Please how do I get my tax clearance certificate as an employee of a private company in Nigeria. My monthly tax is deducted from my salary.
Please enlighten me, thanks.

Ask your HR for your TIN (Tax Identification Number)
Then write your State Tax board to process your tax certificate for you, quoting your TIN.
It usually takes up to 14 working days to get it, depending on the State you pay your tax to.
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by Zooposki(f): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
zolajpower:

My brother I'm deeply affected too . Emefiele didn't get this one right , for the new note , and cash withdrawal limit for d day I'm ok but the dollar transaction in d bank d guy nor just try

I think the dollar transaction is fake news. Nairaland is the only website carrying it.

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by bdon123(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
zolajpower:

I agree wit u,d dollar wot tax certificate is nonsense
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by zolajpower: 2:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Zooposki:

I think the dollar transaction is fake news. Nairaland is the only website carrying it.
I pray it's oo. I mean I ve been thinking of sake too .
How can an emefiele who encourages and approved the given out of incentives for every dollar received now b the one to turn around and stand against it .

Plus the letter doesn't look like it's from the cbn .
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2022
dalass:

This government is such that it has no sane person in charge of the economy like Obasanjo had.

All that Finance minister knows is to borrow until they can't borrow anymore. Most of the borrowed funds have been taken abroad to keep for themselves and their cursed future generations.

The CBN policy I hope will not require 3 year tax clearance before one can use ones paltry dorm acct balance?

All the VAT being collected no reach Dem? Wicked policies being brought by that demonic Emefiele. Thank goodness his presidential ambition failed, he's now punishing his future generations for that, not us.

This latest policy must be rejected vehemently because, all goods will only increase in prices as importers will always push such on consumers and they'll be making inflation worse.
well said.

Very well said.

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by oneMalik: 6:36am On Dec 23, 2022
Amen

NEUDUDE:

No be me and you. Maybe you and your immediate family grin
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by Evii: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
ForgetfulJones:
same Sir, that's Form A... cry

Thank you Sir
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Required For Foreign Exchange Transactions In Banks by Optimistic26(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12
telim:
What about those of us paying for hosting using dom accs
Is there still hope for me?

5 Dangerous Mindsets That Can Hurt You On The Long Run / How Can I Get To Togo From Lagos / How Do I Get A Loan Without Collateral?