Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,679 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

Minister – I Will Not Accept Another Apapa At Lekki Port - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Minister – I Will Not Accept Another Apapa At Lekki Port (151 Views)

Massive Female Python Killed In Apapa - Conoil Fueling Station (Picture) / Oshiomole To Saraki: 'we'll Not Accept Minority Rule' / Big Python Killed In A Flour Mill In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minister – I Will Not Accept Another Apapa At Lekki Port by BethiMcCauley: 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
Thav TV

While speaking at the Maritime Reporters Association of Nigeria’s (MARAN), 34th Anniversary and Awards, Jaji Sambo, the minister of transportation, stated that he will not allow the Lekki-Epe axis to become another Apapa for the movement of commodities into and out of the port.

The anniversary which was themed: “16 years of Port Concession: The Pains and the Gains,” was held in Lagos.

Sambo said: “Lekki Deep sea port, I have told them I do not want them to move goods to that port or from that port by road. There is no reason why we should have another Apapa at the Lekki-Epe axis, I will not accept it. To start with, we must do barge, let us do barge operations and that would also bring a lot of jobs for people who do barges and people who fabricate barges and others in the chain. At the same time, build capacity for our people.”

“I was very sad the day..."

Click the link below to read full story
https://thavmedia.com/minister-of-transportation-declares-i-will-not-accept-another-apapa-at-lekki-port/

(1) (Reply)

Outdoor And Indoor Products For Your Xmas And New Year Celebration / Lowers Stress With Body Massage Centers / Mayor Super Cup: Like Argentina, Future Stars FC Wins Coveted Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.