Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,413 members, 7,897,818 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele (12175 Views)

Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Cash Limits Not Anti-people, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele / Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by snoopz: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2022
You were able to influence the max amount per week but that naira redesigning and old 200 500 and 1k becoming obsolete don happen, all the money una no fit keep for bank is to return to bank before Jan or e no go get value
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by IamANigerianMan: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2022
kennyz247:
brainless man and his useless policy
This policy real affect criminal

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by obi58: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2022
Originalsly:

I understand that... it is not the first time new notes were introduced... the old notes are always phased out over time.... but we were never moving into a cashless society.... the reason the notes were replaced. If now .owing into a cashless society ... why introduce new notes and replace the old notes instead of phasing out notes period? ... how are you making it cashless by maintaining the same amount of cash?

Not the same amount of new notes will be reintroduced into cash supply as withdrawn via the old notes. If 1b is withdrawn via old notes and 200m is introduced via new notes, you will expect inflation to reduce as this contractionary monetary policy will help reduce total aggregate spending.

I hope this is clearer.

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Bebigiby: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2022
This CBN policy is a clear violation of your right to earn and spend your money. No one should dictate to you how you should spend your money and the amount to spend since it is your money. I've read reactions of Nigerians who are supporting the cash withdrawal policy as a good policy and I wonder on what premise is it good to violate people's right to access and spend cash?

Many people are saying that this new policy will combat vote buying in the next election and insecurity. The last time I checked it is not CBN's job to combat vote buying or insecurity. One will ask what is the job of INEC, EFCC, ICPC, Police and our other security outfits? (The CBN is not INEC neither is it a department of the Nigerian police force)

How can CBN under the leadership of Emefiele implement such an intrusive policy without consulting with Nigerians and without the input of the national assembly?

Nigerians should reject this evil policy and urge the national assembly to reverse it. This policy will only benefit the banks (Charge more transaction fees and implement predatory policies), the ruling party (APC) and Emefiele the CBN governor (It was revealed in 2021 that Emefiele registered as an APC member).

The CBN cashless policy is bad for Nigeria and will hurt the economy. If you want to know more see why CBN Cashless Policy Is Bad For Nigeria here -
https://www.nairaland.com/7474034/why-cbn-cashless-policy-bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by effort1: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Again,
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2

You never want the progress of this country. You are always found on the side of the oppressor. You are always attempting to cushion bad leadership. You don't care if Nigeria sinks to everlasting perdition, provided your tribal bigotry and other sinister desires are satisfied.

So, , you are a traitor and a national enemy
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Ken4Christ: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2022
ShoeWorld2:
cash limit is not anti-people no doubt, but the issue is our banking system is not yet there, can you imagine armed robbers forcing POS operators to transfer money to another account( probably their own) still yet the bank won't be able to track and arrest the criminalslipsrsealed.
The above example means that the purpose of the cashless policy is defeated because the law is supposed to help fight financial crime. I lost 96k which is not my money via card fraud and the bank refuse to block the account or even do anything to the heartless criminal.

I sell beautiful footwear and sneakers at affordable price.
https://www.nairaland.com/7443916/quality-affordable-sneakers-both-male

Some of the bank workers are the criminals themselves.

I think CBN should make new policy that will empower customers to sue banks if monies that disappear from account cannot be traced.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by victooman: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2022
dyera:

The problem with you Nigerians is you always refuse to change unless you are forced to. What is so difficult for those businesses to acquire POS and enable cashless payment for their products.
u no get sense o,, what is the daily limit withdrawal for a pos machine if this policy is applied?
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by FriendsAndFans(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by justmondris: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2022
The stupid corrupt politicians are using the citizens as an excuse to fight against this good policies that will prevent them from stealing and sharing money in Ghana must go bags.

Look at those thieves that don’t even care about the masses are saying nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by justmondris: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2022
IamANigerianMan:

This policy real affect criminal

It’s a policy that is targeted against the criminals in our society. They are all having sleepless nights.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Omotumise: 11:21am On Dec 23, 2022
Time will tell.
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by gfelo(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2022
you are right most online fraud were assisted by our commercial bank, the banks are never ready.
ShoeWorld2:
cash limit is not anti-people no doubt, but the issue is our banking system is not yet there, can you imagine armed robbers forcing POS operators to transfer money to another account( probably their own) still yet the bank won't be able to track and arrest the criminalslipsrsealed.
The above example means that the purpose of the cashless policy is defeated because the law is supposed to help fight financial crime. I lost 96k which is not my money via card fraud and the bank refuse to block the account or even do anything to the heartless criminal.

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by justmondris: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2022
Flango:
shocked
I'm not sure if the CBN policy is the right one. But, when our lawmakers are fighting you this hard, you just might be doing something right. Those guys don't fight for the interest of the country.
Exactly. The way they are all fighting the CBN governor on this issue is a great sign that they are fighting for their own selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by maasoap(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
But how can a normal human being get up from his bed that election day only to go and queue up under the sun or rain just to vote APC or PDP?

Should we now go and queue under the sun to vote for LP, a party that's just emerging as third force but has basically riddled with corruptions from every corner? From the campaign DG to party chairmen to coordinators of the self serving groups. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by whitemand4(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2022
1x2x3:

Your lawmakers are the politicians that has been making life difficult for Nigerians for decades.

Whenever you see them fighting this hard, just know it is for their own benefit not for the people. The masses have been crying over [/b]police brutality[b] till date, your lawmakers don move an inch?

Only police brutality? What about DStv pay as you go

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by FOOTSOLDIER1: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2022
maasoap:

Should we now go and queue under the sun to vote for LP, a party that's just emerging as third force but has basically riddled with corruptions from every corner? From the campaign DG to party chairmen to coordinators of the self serving groups. grin grin grin

Oya go ahead and mastubate on it. Don't do the needful.
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by maasoap(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

Oya go ahead and mastubate on it. Don't do the needful.
My needful is to vote for Jagaban, the man who is ready to serve. Not the unserious elements.
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by 1x2x3: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
whitemand4:

Only police brutality? What about DStv pay as you go

Bank extortions. There are loads of things to benefit ordinary Nigeria which they don't fight for like they do for this CBN policy.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Doyou2019: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
But how can a normal human being get up from his bed that election day only to go and queue up under the sun or rain just to vote APC or PDP?

NA FIVE TAASAN CAUSE AM grin
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by prophetfire: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
Obaofaba:
It is anti people policy

I laugh when some were saying let the policy remained till after the election. The dumbest argument I've ever seen.

What is the total number of those aspiring for political office in Nigeria compare to the well-meaning Nigerians that the policy will have affected between now and after the general election if we hadn't resisted it?

2 hours only could be a hell of long time for someone fighting for his life talkmore of a policy they were advocating to last for a couple of months.

If that is even the case, can you as an investor, invest in a country with policy summersaults?

All this SS one economics cannot save the naira, only being productive will.

If it's bad after the election, it's bad before the election
no matter how you cry or bark, the policy will stay and your thief thief candidate won't buy votes or bribe electoral officers.

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by austinvsb: 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
CalabarPikin:
CBN please keep pressing this guys down

You clowns just keep regurgitating online memes without thoughts. Recent CBN moves are authoritarian and risks destroying livelihood for a lot of families around the country.!

How can anyone rationalize 3-months notice to fade out old notes and adopt new ones in Nigeria! Not even UK or US could implement cash replacement that fast!

Emefiele is a clueless dumbdumb!
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by dochenaj: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
ShoeWorld2:

Petition CBN and copy your bank, and they will be forced to do something.
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Nobleou(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
As far as I'm concerned this is the best policy for Nigeria.

MOD: Those antagonizing this policy are thieves and corrupt
Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by mankan2k7(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
This is the best thing that has come out of this regime. Emefiele should sustain it. When bag of rice was #50,000, d reps are not concern, when a litre of petrol was 700 naira, they were not bothered but now that they will not see money to buy d electorates and improvish more Nigerians, they are crying like an idiot. Nigeria will be great.

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by ShoeWorld2(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I lost 50k because GT said there is nothing they can do on an erroneous transfer due to system error (terminal went blank) and transaction was retried, since I don't have an account with them.
GT said I should go and meet the Merchant through which I sent the money.
Merchant said I should get a court order and mail it to them.
Lawyers are demanding for 30/40k to help with a court order, one even demanded for 60k.
I pleaded with one to accept 25k which he did, but he has always been telling me he is not available.
Stanbic ATM card has been failing on POS terminals for almost 2weeks now
Yet we want everyone to go cashless in a month
My experience and frustration with Nigeria banking system is much but I have not seen this type of case before. Requesting for court order for a transaction that failed because of their ineptitude lipsrsealed
I even remember paying someone with bank transfer but it failed and I was debited. If not that I have another account with another bank, I would have been dealt with for that lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by OlujobaSamuel: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2022
ShoeWorld2:
My experience and frustration with Nigeria banking system is much but I have not seen this type of case before. Requesting for court order for a transaction that failed because of their ineptitude lipsrsealed
I even remember paying someone with bank transfer but it failed and I was debited. If not that I have another account with another bank, I would have been dealt with for that lipsrsealed
It didn't not fail. The network went off, not that it failed. So it showed pending, then the salesgirl retried, the 2nd was successful and while she called to inform me of what happened, I opened the app and discovered that the initial pending transaction was also successful.

1 Like

Re: Cash Limits Not Anti-People, CBN Insists, Reps Knock Emefiele by Ventura1: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2022
The truth is that for any initiative, there will be challenges. What matters is that the benefits must outweigh the risks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Gov Orji Uzor Kalu And Mother Eunice Uzor Kalu Will Rule Abia Forever / Sharia Court Bill: Leo Ogor Speaks - "Nobody Is Expanding Sharia To Anywhere" / NUPENG Gives FG 21 Days Ultimatum To Halt Mass Workers Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.