Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. (22627 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by nwetadinobi042(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2022
Abeg brother narrate to me what could be or how the person dey collect $33K every month for Naija, like wetin the person dey do? I just want to learn abeg.
tensazangetsu20:
It depends on how much the salary be. No be person dey earn 33k usd a month in Nigeria. Which bills wan finish the salary.
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by omonnakoda: 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
Dybala11:

Footballers like Messi playing in top leagues collect wages and not salary. Their payment is calculated on a weekly basis.
Oh ! My bad ...so wages are different from salaries, we learn every day. What is the difference?
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Goddyrichie(m): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Bro come teach me work now � na my WhatsApp b this 08122978881 come
ominilongest:
I spend roughly 30k weekly if I wan manage
I no add loud expenses too o and data.
I no even near Island sef talkess of those wey dey live on high bills
Funniest part na internet warrior I be
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Goddyrichie(m): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
come
ominilongest:
I spend roughly 30k weekly if I wan manage
I no add loud expenses too o and data.
I no even near Island sef talkess of those wey dey live on high bills
Funniest part na internet warrior I be
Bro come teach me work now � na my WhatsApp b this 08122978881
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by spiceadole: 12:22am On Dec 25, 2022
Ibechris2:
If you are earning salary pls, find a business to add. No matter what you do, this salary can disappoint.

No wonder the rich gets richer and continue to be because they have mastered the game of money and how best to earn it irrespective of the place they found themselves.

This is not applicable to everybody
I always say it...Salary is grade by grade.
And depends on your profession too.

For some people,their salary is just enough!
Everybody will not do business.
Some of us just wanna be salary earners and we are okay!

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by damzy88: 12:41am On Dec 25, 2022
wink wink
Gerrard59:

Everyone cannot be an employer or entrepreneur. Nigeria that you are in has the highest number of poor people upon say people dey do side-hustle. The issues lie in buying what you don't need, having plenty of children, taking loans for non-asset generating items, not saving and investing, engaging in lots of frivolities that take your money away, not being highly skilled to earn more enormous salaries, not doing delayed gratification, keeping up with the Joneses etc. Moreover, as your earnings increase, whether as a salaried person or entrepreneur, your expense would also increase. The major advantage business owners have over salaried people is tax laws. Governments across the world generally favour entrepreneurs. Anything to pay fewer taxes is perfectly OK. Alternatively, as a salaried person, you skill-up and apply to jobs that pay in foreign currencies or countries where the income tax is very low (Singapore) or there is no income tax (the UAE).

Bills would always be paid, employee or entrepreneur. Manage your expense very well. Some of una get four children, yet una skills have not been updated to enable una earn big salary, why won't you people complain?
wink
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Melodydoctor: 12:42am On Dec 25, 2022
omonnakoda:
Lionel Messi is a salary Earner
He has side businesses like ambassadors, brand and adverts too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by joyousever(f): 12:48am On Dec 25, 2022
Jesus is the only take home that can take us home!

Nigerian salary is like an accumulation of daily pennies. At the end of the month, a major part of it goes into bill payment and other miscellaneous. At the end of the day, one is left with nothing after feeding money. Hian!

Your best plug is to find alternative sources of income, that alll!
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by MT: 2:06am On Dec 25, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Salary is for paying bill, that's for people earning low income

Tech guys dey here wey they swallow 350kUSD/yr they are doing wonders oh...

Pls, guys ...2023 buy Laptop and start learning digital skills....

That's ma Christmas gift for you

Everyone cannot be in tech.

I will rather say follow your passion.
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Dybala11(m): 3:03am On Dec 25, 2022
omonnakoda:
Oh ! My bad ...so wages are different from salaries, we learn every day. What is the difference?
Footballers are eligible to get paid at the end of a week. Imagine a player collecting almost £1 million every 7 days, even ritual money no reach that level. grin
Also, money from being ambassadors, face ads etc too are there o.
Al Nassr recently offered Ronaldo about $200 million contract spanning just for 7 years. That huge amount for a player that is already 37 and not in top form again. grin

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by faceland: 3:46am On Dec 25, 2022
Napata77:

This is a very misleading way of comparing cost of living and living standards..

A simple meal of poundo and egusi that you will eat for free anywhere in your village, will cost you nothing less than 30 US dollars in a New York City Nigerian restaurant.

Approximately 15,000 naira.

Do you need to eat FOEREIGN FOOD in NEW YORK? How much is foreign food is Sheraton Abuja?
When you are in Rome, live like the Romans and eat their food.

How much is electricity bill in Lagos Islands?

If you can't survive in New York, downgrade to a different state that matches your income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by ford101: 5:05am On Dec 25, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Salary is for paying bill, that's for people earning low income

Tech guys dey here wey they swallow 350kUSD/yr they are doing wonders oh...

Pls, guys ...2023 buy Laptop and start learning digital skills....

That's ma Christmas gift for you
like what type of digital skill. Please don't call programing or graphic designer
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by int0x80(m): 5:53am On Dec 25, 2022
MT:

Everyone can be in tech.

Following your passion sometimes, doesn't pay the bills. So, I would say follow the money!

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by occfx: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2022
Ibechris2:
If you are earning salary pls, find a business to add. No matter what you do, this salary can disappoint.

No wonder the rich gets richer and continue to be because they have mastered the game of money and how best to earn it irrespective of the place they found themselves.

Since my job crashed during Covid-19, I have refused to find another job. Employment job only pays bills. I have gone back to the drawing table to master some business acumen and in order to raise capital I will go back to employment job and give myself target for 12 months.

Happy Christmas people. Suffer small and enjoy forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by occfx: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
It depends on how much the salary be. No be person dey earn 33k usd a month in Nigeria. Which bills wan finish the salary.

LOL, you never know anything. Pray not to get a Delilah near you. You think Tinubu is running for president for fun, think again.
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by occfx: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2022
CodeTemplar:
The core advantage subsistence farmers have over city life people. Farm small, hustle small and avoid pressure.

I was ignorant and missed farming. I never knew how important it was when I was employed.
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by BigDawsNet: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2022
ford101:
like what type of digital skill. Please don't call programing or graphic designer

Graphic design grin grin

Data science
Cloud computing
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by BigDawsNet: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2022
MT:

Everyone can be in tech.

Obviously bro
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Ibechris2: 6:31am On Dec 25, 2022
spiceadole:

This is not applicable to everybody
I always say it...Salary is grade by grade.
And depends on your profession too.

For some people,their salary is just enough!
Everybody will not do business.
Some of us just wanna be salary earners and we are okay!

I agree with u.

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by occfx: 6:34am On Dec 25, 2022
JustPowerApps:

Don't mind them, nah those btc boys, fraudsters covering up with tech. That's how one girl for my uni said her male friend is making $4500 steady monthly from video animation, I asked her to connect me so I fit dey make that kind money too. Since then, babe never reply. The dude already bleeped her common sense out.

Turns out they don't reveal fraud to people. The moment you hear them quoting huge amount of money as their earning, ask them to show you how and they auto enter silent mode.

Every business has a secret, if you expose it, it will cast. Everyone cannot be rich at the same. Just ask God to show you your own way and you will thrive. Another way to get knowledge from someone is to join his group as a servant. Serve him and he may reward you with the secrets if he is a good boss. That way, the God of money will not punish him for selling ideas wealth cheap. Money is energy and energy cannot be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another.
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by TastyFriedPussy: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2022
ford101:
Why not programming ? grin
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by omonnakoda: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Dybala11:

Footballers are eligible to get paid at the end of a week. Imagine a player collecting almost £1 million every 7 days, even ritual money no reach that level. grin
Also, money from being ambassadors, face ads etc too are there o.
Al Nassr recently offered Ronaldo about $200 million contract spanning just for 7 years. That huge amount for a player that is already 37 and not in top form again. grin
What is the difference between wages and salary?

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Penboy: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

No 9-5er in the world earns $33k a month.
That's footballer range.
Una too like bobo for this forum.

33k is 396k a year.
And you open your cockroah mouth and say no 9-5 earns that in the world?

Just open and be spilling trash
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Obinnio: 8:37am On Dec 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
please who earns that? In what field? Tech?
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by TastyFriedPussy: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Obinnio:
please who earns that? In what field? Tech?
don't be easily deceived. Nobody earns that. Not everything you see on social media you go believe. That's the salary of the president of the united state's of America. Even 70% of US citizens don't earn up to that amount not to talk of a US company paying a foreigner, a Nigerian at that, that kind of money. Even those in the US who earn that much are entrepreneurs and business people, not people that work for others.

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Karlifate: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2022
Gerrard59:

Everyone cannot be an employer or entrepreneur. Nigeria that you are in has the highest number of poor people upon say people dey do side-hustle. The issues lie in buying what you don't need, having plenty of children, taking loans for non-asset generating items, not saving and investing, engaging in lots of frivolities that take your money away, not being highly skilled to earn more enormous salaries, not doing delayed gratification, keeping up with the Joneses etc. Moreover, as your earnings increase, whether as a salaried person or entrepreneur, your expense would also increase. The major advantage business owners have over salaried people is tax laws. Governments across the world generally favour entrepreneurs. Anything to pay fewer taxes is perfectly OK. Alternatively, as a salaried person, you skill-up and apply to jobs that pay in foreign currencies or countries where the income tax is very low (Singapore) or there is no income tax (the UAE).

Bills would always be paid, employee or entrepreneur. Manage your expense very well. Some of una get four children, yet una skills have not been updated to enable una earn big salary, why won't you people complain?

Gbam!

You've highlighted the problems of black men, especially Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Karlifate: 9:37am On Dec 25, 2022
JustPowerApps:

Don't mind them, nah those btc boys, fraudsters covering up with tech. That's how one girl for my uni said her male friend is making $4500 steady monthly from video animation, I asked her to connect me so I fit dey make that kind money too. Since then, babe never reply. The dude already bleeped her common sense out.

Turns out they don't reveal fraud to people. The moment you hear them quoting huge amount of money as their earning, ask them to show you how and they auto enter silent mode.

LMAO! grin grin
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by ModCaller: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2022
Ibechris2:

It's not all rich people that are getting richer. Also, it's not all rich people that have mastered the game of money. There are many ways to get rich
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Saverin: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Which Kain high blood pressure be this?
24million per month? Hmmm
Abeg oh, link me to this guy may I dey carry his briefcase/laptop

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Dirtyyansh: 11:21am On Dec 25, 2022
Those guys quoting 33,000 dollars monthly salary, una too dey lie.

How many Bank MD's & Big 4 Partners, even senior oil staffs with over 20years wealth of experience earn such salary monthly?

Most tech guys in Nigeria do $1k-$3500 monthly.
You guys overamplify things.

1 Like

Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by Faposky95: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2022
E no easy .....
You no go pay family....go church...read a book....rest before you sleep....
Wen I ponder on Grace God has given man, I surrender....
So after #70999- job per month.....comes in 40days.....
After all the stress to reach house, I go dey think....
Lai lie
Re: Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. by MT: 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
int0x80:
Following your passion sometimes, doesn't pay the bills. So, I would say follow the money!

If you follow your passion, you will become an authority in your trade and money will eventually follow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience At A Retail Store Today / Help, Having Issues With My Way Of Spoken English (lack Of Communication Skill) / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.