Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

Disciplined Spirit... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Disciplined Spirit... (255 Views)

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? / You Can Be Self Disciplined / Abia State: Soldiers Who Attacked Journalists Will Be Disciplined - Nigerian Arm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disciplined Spirit... by Oluwatosinworld: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2022
Discipline is the most underrated and undervalued virtue.

The lack of disicpline in its diverse form is the reason many never make progress nor succeed.

There is too much emphasis and obsession with talent. Talent is cheap. As a matter of fact, everyone is talented. Discipline is what is expensive and scarce.

Calvin Coolidge put it more aptly. There is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Without discipline, you cannot exercise self control...you cannot rein in your emotions....you cannot be persistent....you cannot be diligent. No matter how exciting the idea or initiative is, you will eventually get tired and feel bored about it. That's where discipline powers commitment to get you going.

So many people quit things because they no longer feel excitement or good about it and I am like..."are you for real?". Just because you "felt". Do you know the number of feelings people go through on a daily basis?

Some of the most frustrated people I know are smart in thinking and action but inadequately equipped with a discplined spirit hence unable to exercise the required discipline in applying their smartness until the point it rewards them.

Talent and intellectuality have been over sensationalized and elevated to an invaluable pedestal that discipline, which is more valuable, has been underrated.

Talent and brilliance make people feel entitled as well. You go about with the mindset of "I deserve this", "I deserve that" even without making any efforts.

(1) (Reply)

The Family Of Prince Smarty / How To Choose The Perfect Dog Breed For You In 2023 / Machine-to-machine SIM Card Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.