Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,945 members, 7,949,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve (47865 Views)

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by deepwater(f): 5:59am On Dec 27, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
How can we be sure she didn’t put it in the fridge
People do things to thread this days
Son water freezes at subzero temp.
You won't stay 1 min outside without layers in -25 degrees. U go freeze like that water.
This is no joke....
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by deepwater(f): 6:02am On Dec 27, 2022
Originalsly:

True... but there's a serious cold sweeping accross the US. Texas is not cold... but also got hit with the cold. For sure she is lying .... the water is not frozen period. At minus 7 degrees it would be a bottle of solid ice in less than two hours let alone to be left outside overnight. Left dishwashing liquid in my car trunk.... frozen..... two liter bottle of water... frozen solid .... the only liquid that wouldn't freeze is petrol.... alcohol ... engine oil ... windshield washer liquid and engine coolant. Have water in the car instead of coolant?... you have a problem. Water instead of windshield washer?... you have a problem.... which is common but can be solved by adding a high percentage rubbing alcohol to the reservoir which will melt the ice and prevent the water from refreezing. It is colddd out here ... but we are still learners to Canada.

Charlie if u no plug that oil pan for the motor for light the oil go freeze for canada eh!
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SenatePresdo(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2022
Bankowner:
Google what is referred to as frostbite bro! You don't want to experience it.

At least you could wear socks and gloves?

What would one wear in the Sahara?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by silverkings: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2022
Honchoslim16:

You ain't know shit!

Look at these below
someone's door or window shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Honchoslim16(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2022
silverkings:
someone's door or window shocked shocked shocked
Both!

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by GuiderGabriel: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2022
wasere people dont know what is happening. they think say Canada, Europe and America na better place, I have been there I don use my eyes see am. Many people are clout chasers. Yes the people armed with the good information are avoiding Canada now like Plague

MALIGNANTGuest:
She's wishing CANADA upon Texas grin grin grin
same Canada people are avoiding now
Humans are unpredictable.

How can I be wishing more harsh weather condition upon myself?
Is this clout chasing, Ignorance or Iberiberism?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Abizz: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2022
Jennifer89:

Which cold dey Jos? Can the cold form ice? Don't compare abg. After the cold it gets sunny in the afternoon.
And from that video, you didn't see that sun was already rising?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Ray07(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2022
wealthgoddess:

Putting a five litre bottle of water by my window inside the room will freeze in about three minutes. Inside not outside!
Ah! Una the try o.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by BennyDGreat: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2022
dyera:

How can you compare -10° Celsius which is way below freezing point to +40° Celsius.

We can't compare cos each one has it's own health risk....

Eg...Extreme heat causes Faintness, Dizziness, Fatigue, Weak, rapid pulse
Low blood pressure upon standing, Muscle cramps, Nausea, Headache, heat rash, heat cramps, heat exhaustion or heat stroke.

Extreme cold causes....hypothermia, frostbite, Trench Foot, Chilblains, Hypothermia etc....

Once again, Extremes constitute serious health risks....whether hot or cold...extremes aren't good
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Hier(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
Bankowner:
Fuel does not freeze out.

I was not in science class that was why I asked, grin cause lol someone might be like, that question is really stupid cheesy, thanks for your input bro
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Iamzik: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The flooding we witnessed in Nigeria this year had never happened before. E reach lagos sef, ogun too.
It was raining uncontrollably for days. My old father said he had never seen it this day. Some myopic minds said it was because of the dam that was opened in Cameroun that cased it yet, places in the north that are land locked experienced flooding , ogun state flooding was huge. Oyo and ekiti weren't left out . Are all these states located along the coastal lines too? Only illiterates will be on Trumps side

Because your father said he hasn't seen anything like that before you quickly concluded that it has never happened before ever....

Climate changes. That is why it is called climate. It's a cycle and it will continue no matter what you do. These changes are not a result of you and I driving cars or building factories. Africa has one of the lowest pollution rates compared to the likes of China, US and India. So let me ask you what can you do to stop the flooding next year?

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Iamzik: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2022
Emoc:

The problem is that fake news media always creates hysteria to bend the masses to the plans of globalists.

In the 70's they claimed there was global cooling, today it is global warming. cheesy
Mumu pepo.

Western fake news media are terrible liars & deceivers. Don't believe everything western fake news media tells you.

Global warming remains the fakest sh!t these globalists have come up with so far.

Stay tuned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

God bless you bro. Sometimes I feel like 98% of the world has been hypnotized. I wonder how people believe everything the media says without asking questions. If you ask questions they are quick to label you a conspiracy theorist

In April 2020, I challenged a UK study that claimed that blacks were more susceptible to die of COVID 19. You need to see so called Nigerian "intellectuals" displaying their inferiority complex.
Fast forward 9 months I was proven right.

Global warming and global cooling has been happening before man inhabited this planet and it will continue. Banning gasoline cars and forcing people to use solar panel will achieve nothing especially in Africa which has the lowest pollution in the world. We should be bracing for the impact rather than trying to change the planet temperature through forceful legislation

2 Likes

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Konquest: 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
chizara85:
Climate change is really affecting the world and some parts of the world that doesn’t experience cold is now experiencing extreme cold this Christmas . I kept a bottle of water outside on Christmas Eve and to my utmost surprise the water gets frozen within few hours .
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Originalsly: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
Water left in truck overnight..... temp minus 7 C or 19 F . Frozen solid this morning. Photo taken 15 minutes ago..... temp 33F ... peak for today.... one degree above freezing.... ice beginning to melt.

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
Louis8796:
Do u stay in Texas(USA).

Naaa. I only shuttle often

I got stakes there!
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by yinkeys(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
Bankowner:
-13°C registered here in Ontario yesterday with snowstorm and high wind.

Last winter, I left a bottle of water in the car overnight and met blocked water in the morning.
Froze in car ke shocked
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by LilleG(m): 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
Not only in Texas o, sometimes same thing do happens here where I live too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Air Peace Provides Food Items For Hundreds Of Less Privileged In Makoko, Ajegunl / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria / Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Landing In Nigeria (photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.