Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own (1109 Views)

How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / Free Software, Web And Mobile Development On Google Classroom And Zoom. / Learn Software Development And Application Development On A One On One Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
A Comprehensive Guide to Learning Web Development on Your Own

Web development is one of the most interesting skills you can engage yourself in learning if you are looking for a side income, but first, you must be the type that loves spending time on tech gadgets, e.g., laptops, phones, etc.

You must know that web development is a very broad field, but within four (4) months you can get familiarized with the basics and have an idea of what the industry entails, and you can even pick up little jobs and earn from there.

I’m writing primarily for people who have little or no prior experience writing codes and who lack design skills. But at least you should know how to operate a computer system and a phone. This will be the basis for this article.

You should also be aware that there is no end to learning web development, because new programs and software are constantly developed and introduced to the market.

I’m writing this based on my own experience learning web development, so it’ll be basically useful for those who want to learn but can’t find anyone in person or don’t have the time to go to a training center.

Content

1. What is web development?

2. Getting Started in Web Development

3. Basic knowledge needed for a start

4. Where to start

6. Some tips for encouragement

7. Pros and cons of web development

8. Conclusion

1. What Exactly is Web Development?

Web development is the building and maintenance of websites and web applications; it’s the work that happens behind the scenes to make websites and web applications look great, work fast, and perform well with a seamless user experience.

Web developers, or “devs,” do this by using a variety of coding languages. The languages they use depend on the types of tasks they are performing and the platforms on which they are working.

Web development skills are in high demand worldwide and well paid too, making development a great career option. It is one of the easiest high-paying fields to enter, as you do not need a traditional university degree to become qualified.

The field of web development is generally broken down into the front-end (the user-facing side) and the back-end (the server-side).

2. Getting Started in Web Development

Things you will need to start your career as a web developer

i. Laptop/Desktop/Phone
ii. Internet connection
iii. Time

Laptop, desktop, or phone: A computer is required for you to start learning web development since writing codes and making digital designs can only be done on those. So if you do not have a laptop, desktop, or phone, you can consider purchasing one from a computer or phone shop near you or order online from these online shop links: Jumia, Konga, Amazon, AliExpress, etc.

Internet connection: learning by yourself requires you to have an internet connection where you can access paid and free resources that will guide you in your learning process. For an internet connection, I will advise you to go for a network that is very fast and reliable at your location to ease the process and make your learning interesting.

Time: When it comes to learning web development for beginners, you must have dedicated time to spend on your computer learning as well as time to study online.It is recommended that you spend 2-4 hours per week learning, as this will greatly accelerate your learning process.
3. Basic knowledge needed for a start

You need to have some basic knowledge in order to fast-track your learning process.

i. Able to operate a laptop, desktop computer, or phone
ii. Able to read and write

Able to operate a laptop/Desktop computer/Phone: This is a basic requirement to be able to learn fast when it comes to learning web development. If you are able to turn on and off a computer or phone and are able to browse the internet and check your email, use Facebook, and use WhatsApp, then you are good to go.

Ability to read and write: If you can read and write, you are in a better position to start.

4. Where to Start

Starting to learn web development is usually a challenge, especially when you do not have any basic idea of how the web works or someone to walk you through it. I will be sharing my little experience on how I got started,

You can contact me for mentorship. Check out my Upwork Profile, where I work and earn in dollars as a freelancer.

Contact Me : Send me a message on Whatsapp if you want me to guide you. 08114791532

Upwork Profile : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/shedracku

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Essential advice for anyone considering a career as a web developer.

In this blog post, we’ll be exploring the 5 Essential advice for anyone considering a career as a web developer.. From understanding the basics of coding to finding the right mentor, we’ll cover everything you need to know. We’ll also discuss the importance of finding a mentor in the web development field and provide tips for doing so. So, if you’re ready to begin your journey to becoming a web developer, let’s get started.

1. Research Your Options

The first step is to research your options. What type of programming language are you interested in learning? Do you want to work as a freelance web developer or join a team? What sort of career do you want to pursue? These are all important questions to consider before you begin your journey.
It's also important to think about what kind of web development you want to do. Are you interested in front-end web development or back-end web development? You can find more information about the differences between these two types of development on the internet.
You should also explore what type of certification or training is available for web developers. A certification or degree program can help you gain the skills necessary to be successful in the field. Additionally, there are many online courses available that will help teach you the basics of web development.
Finally, it's important to research potential employers or clients and familiarize yourself with the job market for web developers. Knowing who's hiring and how much they're paying can help you figure out how to set yourself apart from other web developers. This research can also help you decide which programming language to focus on and where to look for job opportunities.

2. Get a Mentor

Finding a mentor in web development is essential to help you learn and grow as a developer. Having someone experienced in the field to answer your questions, provide guidance, and offer feedback can be invaluable. There are several ways you can find mentors:
i. Networking: Look for local web development meetups or conferences where you can introduce yourself to industry professionals and potential mentors. Don’t be afraid to reach out and make connections.
ii. Volunteering: Joining a local hackathon or volunteering at a coding bootcamp can be a great way to connect with experienced developers who may be willing to take you on as a mentee.
iii. Social Media: Many developers are active on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and even Reddit. Don’t be afraid to reach out and let them know you’re looking for a mentor.
iv. Paid Services: If you’re willing to pay for mentorship, there are services like Codementor that can connect you with experienced web developers for one-on-one guidance.
No matter which route you take, finding a mentor is an important step on your journey to becoming a web developer. A good mentor will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. Take your time when searching and don’t be afraid to reach out – the right mentor is out there waiting for you!

You can contact me for mentorship. Check out my Upwork Profile, where I work and earn in dollars as a freelancer.

Contact Me : Send me a message on Whatsapp if you want me to guide you. 08114791532

Upwork Profile : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/shedracku

3. Join a Coding Bootcamp

If you’re serious about becoming a web developer, consider joining a coding bootcamp. A coding bootcamp is an intensive program that focuses on teaching students the skills they need to become successful web developers. Bootcamps generally offer short-term, full-time courses that can last anywhere from four to twelve weeks. During this time, you will work with experienced instructors and mentors to learn the fundamentals of coding, such as HTML and CSS, as well as more advanced topics like JavaScript and PHP.
At a coding bootcamp, you will be taught by experienced instructors who have been in the industry for a long time. You will also have access to mentors who can provide guidance and advice. This mentorship is invaluable when it comes to launching a career as a web developer.
By attending a coding bootcamp, you will gain valuable hands-on experience and develop your skills quickly. Bootcamps can also help you get connected to employers, who may even hire you after you complete the program. In addition, most bootcamps also offer career services and other resources that can help you transition into the industry.
Coding bootcamps are not for everyone, however. They can be expensive and require a considerable commitment of time and energy. But if you are serious about becoming a web developer and want to get the most comprehensive education in the shortest amount of time, a coding bootcamp may be the right choice for you.

4. Consider an Online Course

Are you looking to become a web developer, but you don’t have the time or resources to attend a coding bootcamp? An online course is an excellent alternative. There are many online courses available that can teach you the necessary skills for web development, from the basics to more complex topics.
When selecting an online course, it’s important to find one that meets your specific needs. Some courses focus on HTML and CSS while others may focus on JavaScript or other programming languages. Consider what you want to learn, and make sure the course covers that material. Additionally, consider the course duration and format, as some may take only a few hours while others require months of dedication.
While many courses are self-paced and do not involve any actual teaching, there are courses that have mentoring programs. These courses provide personalized instruction and advice from experienced web developers. If you need more guidance or accountability, this could be a great option for you.
Finally, consider the cost of the course. Some courses are free, while others may require payment for access. Be sure to research different options to ensure that you are getting value for your money.
No matter which online course you select, you will gain valuable skills that will help you become a successful web developer. Research different options and find the best course for your needs. With the right approach and dedication, you can make your dreams of becoming a web developer come true.

5. Don't Give Up!

We understand that learning web development can be challenging and at times, it may seem impossible to reach your goals. But don't let those feelings of discouragement take over. There are plenty of resources available to help you reach your goals.
First, always remember why you started this journey in the first place. When times get tough, it can be helpful to remind yourself why you wanted to learn web development in the first place. This can help you stay motivated and driven.
Second, take a break and come back to your project with a fresh perspective. If you're feeling overwhelmed, take a step back and take a break. You can always come back to it later and look at it with a clear mind.
Finally, try to get involved in online or offline communities related to web development. Through these communities, you will find support, resources, and mentorship that can help push you towards success.
At the end of the day, learning web development is hard work, but it is possible with hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Don't give up on yourself! With the right resources and support, you can make your dreams come true.

Conclusion

It's not easy to become a web developer, but it is possible. With the right guidance, resources, and dedication, you can achieve your goals. Take the time to research your options and find a mentor who can provide you with the support and advice you need to succeed. If a coding bootcamp or online course appeals to you, look into that option as well. And whatever you do, don't give up! With hard work and dedication, you can become the web developer you've always wanted to be.
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
smiley
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2022
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by davien(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 10:42am On Jan 03, 2023
smiley
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by mastacalma: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
smiley
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
If you are completely new to web development and you want to be a developer. You can indicate by replying "interested"
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by Obynoona: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Intrested
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Obynoona:
Intrested

Send me a whatsapp message : 08114791532. Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2023
Asking the right questions will make learning web development by yourself easy and fun. smiley
Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Learning Web Development On Your Own by smacomtech: 9:33pm On Jul 02
What have you learnt so far?

(1) (Reply)

Java Thin-client Programming / How To Login To A Site With C++/C# / Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply With Inverter And Solar Backup System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.