Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,408 members, 7,978,288 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 03:40 AM

Policeman Brutalised Me Because My Wife Refused To Date Him : Na Lie - Polceman - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Brutalised Me Because My Wife Refused To Date Him : Na Lie - Polceman (793 Views)

Journalist Brutalised By ‘One-Chance’ Robbers In Lagos (photo) / ‘how Soldiers Brutalised Two Brothers In Lagos (pictured) / Parents Of Madonna Students Brutalised By Dean, CSO Sue Varsity For N1bn (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Brutalised Me Because My Wife Refused To Date Him : Na Lie - Polceman by aloyemeka2: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2011
[size=14pt]Policeman brutalised me because my wife refused to date him , it's a lie - Policeman[/size]
By Eniola Akinkuotu
Thursday, 1 Sep 2011

With an injury at the back of his head and bruises on his body, Afolabi Ojediran cut the picture of a man who was attacked by hoodlums. But he was not. Rather, he was beaten up by a riot policeman and a soldier.

He was not only beaten, his clothes were torn and he was detained for two days at the Ikotun Police Divisional Headquarters, Lagos. To compound his woes, his niece and her children were arrested and detained, including an eight-month-old baby. He was told to cough up N25,000 before he could be released.

PUNCH METRO gathered that Ojediran’s predicament was as a result of a friction between the policeman, who was later identified simply as Vincent and Ojediran’s wife, Florence. It was learnt that Vincent had been making sexual advances to Florence but had been turned down on several occasions which caused the friction between the two.

Things however reached the peak on Saturday, when Vincent dragged Ojediran into the problem.

Narrating how it all happened, Florence said the policeman had been on her neck to be his lover. She added that the fact that both of them were married did not dissuade Vincent who seemed bent to have his way at all costs.

She said, “Vincent has always been making advances at me even though he has a wife but I never gave in. On several occasions, he had threatened to arrest me.

“I sell recharge cards, kerosene, soft drinks and I’m also a tailor. I have a lot of customers who patronise me.”

She said she first had a minor problem with Vincent on August 12, 2011. “That day, Vincent’s wife came to my shop and she met an old friend of hers whom she greeted warmly before they parted.

“Later that day, Vincent, came to my shop accusing me of trying to destroy his marriage by looking for a man-friend for his wife. He dragged me and the man in question to the Ikotun police station that day. We paid N15,000 as bail.”

Florence said since the incident, she tried as much as possible to avoid Vincent and his wife. But the measure was not enough to stop the Saturday incident from happening.

She said, “On Saturday, Vincent came to my shop and started making a nuisance of himself. I shouted at him to go away. Instead, he grabbed a 25-litre keg of kerosene which was for sale, and emptied it on the floor.”

PUNCH METRO learnt that when Ojediran returned from work, his wife reported the incident to him and in the course of trying to settle the matter, he got into trouble.

Ojediran told PUNCH METRO that he went to Vincent’s house to ask him to let his wife be. He said, “After my wife told me what Vincent had done, I went to his house to see how I could lay the issue between him and my wife to rest. But I was told by his wife that he was not around. I went to his landlord and told him about the matter before going back home.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109012262126
Re: Policeman Brutalised Me Because My Wife Refused To Date Him : Na Lie - Polceman by francisj(m): 4:14am On Sep 02, 2011
why report him to his landlord, he should have simply snap his pix and sent it to BOKO HARAM,
the case will have been close by now !!!
laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Policeman Brutalised Me Because My Wife Refused To Date Him : Na Lie - Polceman by xamfort(m): 6:24am On Sep 02, 2011
I wonder why the police men keeps telling the whole world that they are our friends when their major job is to stand on the streets for N20,stop bike to search people`s wallet for money.
Nigerian police is an organisation shaped for bribery and corruption.Besides,is police work a free act to sleep with people`s wife? arrest people as a threat? with no cogent reason? Ah! if these police people fail to be a good police men to our nation,untimely death looms around them.
Let all married women also be DECENT in act as they know how to cook a cock and bull story for defence to make their skelenton remain in the tight corner of the cupboard. Na only you be the fine woman wey dey 4 your area? abeg be decent jare.

(1) (Reply)

Motor Dealer Dies In Failed Robbery Operation. / Nigrian Man Stabs Wife To Death In U.k / Faces Of The Robbers Caught Along Iweka Ontisha Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.