Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,491 members, 7,951,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi (3111 Views)

ATIKU: Makinde’s Fate Hangs In The Balance Over Opposition To Atiku Abubakar / Peter Obi, Arthur Eze, Others Storm Anambra As Maduka Buries Uncle / PDP Backs Sanwo-Olu, Blasts Sagay Over Opposition To Lagos Rail Red Line Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by olisaEze(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2022
"When Soludo survives his second tenure bid, then, we shall begin to talk about his presidential ambition"

Not when, but a very big IF! Soludo has done nothing tangible to endear himself to the citizens of Anambra State, and these bloodsuckers have already lined him up for the presidency. And that’s because their choice has nothing to do with competence or good governance for the people! Igbo enwe eze, means Mr. Eze belongs more to the will of the northern elites than his own people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by omonnakoda: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Obi cannot win without the support of Non-Ibos
So it is acceptable for some non-Ibos to support Obi but not for some Ibos to support others?
Some of these people must think only Ibos have brains

1 Like

Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by baretalk: 9:58am On Dec 28, 2022
dominic17:
Let's be realistic here. There was no time Soludo said Obi stole money he only said the investment Obi left is worth less to nothing which people faulted him that other governors including Tinubu left debt to their successors you see someone that left investment you don't appreciate it.
Obiano was held accountable all through see tenure
Okorocha was also held accountable he was giving all sorts of names mimicked in the internet all of the places even this other tribes mock Igbos that their are bringing down the one of brightes politician.
Soludo was just being politically correct, Tinubu investment is the tax system that is efficient and ensures no leakages etc, that is why Lagos state igr keeps increasing and boosted, Lagos economy is worth trillions and anybody there doing business makes a profit, and the Lagos government get more taxes, this is development, not lying to your people you invested for them, when you use state government money of Anambra to invest in your personal portfolio. You people are blind and dumb, Soludo had to spell it out, you tribal bigots will follow your brothers to hell. Idiots.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by techWriter3: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2022
Author Eze should do want them keep decieving themselves, after all election is almost here
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by sukar886: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Bunch of thieves they know obi won't give them avenue to loot, criminals , wicked set of people ...
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Ckonnet: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2022
It seems to me that only PO supporters are the only set of people with th their brains intact.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by MrEverest(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2022
I'm happy that corrupt politicians including those from Igboland have ganged up against Peter Obi, probably the most honest Nigerian politician ever! At least, the Nigerians will now know that this is a battle between the corrupt elite and the suffering masses regardless of tribe or religion.

Also, I'm glad that we Igbos don't listen to politicians, we do things based on our individual and collective believe. If this elite gang-up is happening in places like North, where the people don't have a mind of their own, then I will say it's all over. But it's a different thing in the East.

People should go and Mark it somewhere, Arthur Eze will lose his polling unit, ward and local government to Peter Obi. Same thing will happen to Soludo, Ihedioha, Nnamani and all others supporting Tinubu or Atiku in SE. I would have been seriously worried if this is happening in the past when election results are easily manipulated by politicians. If the BVAS is as reliable as INEC has made us believe, then I bet you all these corrupt politicians in Igboland will be totally disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by dominic17: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Thank God you agreed that Soludo was just being political. I also agree that Tinubu's administration implemented tax reform that increase Lagos IGR but Tinubu defrauded the man that owns the initiative which destroy people confidence to share initiative with Tinubu check below link for details.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419179-tinubu-alpha-beta-others-accused-of-fraud-tax-evasion-money-laundering.html
Bro, saving is very important for every organization, nation and individual. If Nigeria as had sufficient saving naira will not be on free fall so Obi's savings is not a bad idea at all.

Check this also to see how Tinubu's greed will mar Nigeria development if he wins.
https://www.nairaland.com/7329459/revealed-how-tinubus-greed-made

baretalk:

Soludo was just being politically correct, Tinubu investment is the tax system that is efficient and ensures no leakages etc, that is why Lagos state igr keeps increasing and boosted, Lagos economy is worth trillions and anybody there doing business makes a profit, and the Lagos government get more taxes, this is development, not lying to your people you invested for them, when you use state government money of Anambra to invest in your personal portfolio. You people are blind and dumb, Soludo had to spell it out, you tribal bigots will follow your brothers to hell. Idiots.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Superwave16320: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2022
Foolish soul every Igbo not supporting the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal is now Fulani surrogate. You brown dead igbos no gree get sense one bit. A business man who built is wealth from scratch is now Fulani cos he chose not to support the fraud Pandora Criminal.

owobokiri:
The political revolution going on as we speak in igboland will NEVER be completed, until every single one of these foreign implanted political mercenaries parading around as Igbo leaders, is chased out of town and out of relevance. Igbo leaders must pursue Igbo interests no matter whose ox is gored!

They are of no use , this generation of confused elders nwill do anything to ingratiate themselves to their handlers at Abuja. I remember Rochas Okorocha openly preaching to the public at a rally in Imo State in 2014 to vote for Buhari, because according to him, Buhari will treat igbos better than Jonathan! That didn't happen and the fat thing has moved on like he never said anything! Meanwhile thousands have died from Owerri to Onitsha as a result..

There are many of them who run the collective politics of a group like personal fiefdom, simply because they were crowned at Abuja and injected into broader Igbo politics to instigate upheavals at every turn. The Ihediohas, the Nnamanis, the Orji Kalus, Emeka offors, the Andy Ubas and co.. , Arthur Eze just happen to be the big Evil face of the group. He has been playing this game for eons. His cup should be full years back.

For the east to make a rapid socioeconomic move forward, these fulani proxies need to be rendered politically impotent. Society must castrate them! Their ballooning egos must be punctured and they must be humbled. The former Eastern Nigeria can never rediscover her destiny if she does not find a very effective way of wrestling her politics away from the firm grip of these turncoats and renegades..
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by baretalk: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
dominic17:
Thank God you agreed that Soludo was just being political. I also agree that Tinubu's administration implemented tax reform that increase Lagos IGR but Tinubu defrauded the man that owns the initiative which destroy people confidence to share initiative with Tinubu check below link for details.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/419179-tinubu-alpha-beta-others-accused-of-fraud-tax-evasion-money-laundering.html
Bro, saving is very important for every organization, nation and individual. If Nigeria as had sufficient saving naira will not be on free fall so Obi's savings is not a bad idea at all.

Check this also to see how Tinubu's greed will mar Nigeria development if he wins.
https://www.nairaland.com/7329459/revealed-how-tinubus-greed-made

I mean he was being nice and don't want to sell it out that Obi is a thief.

You are just insinuating nonsense, no proof thst Tinubu ever stole.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by dominic17: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2022
you said I am insinuating nonsense when I provided the links. Sorry, I forgot you are APC supporters which are know for........ I have to say bye.
baretalk:

I mean he was being nice and don't want to sell it out that Obi is a thief.

You are just insinuating nonsense, no proof thst Tinubu ever stole.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by stanluiz(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
olisaEze:
"When Soludo survives his second tenure bid, then, we shall begin to talk about his presidential ambition"

Not when, but a very big IF! Soludo has done nothing tangible to endear himself to the citizens of Anambra State, and these bloodsuckers have already lined him up for the presidency. And that’s because their choice has nothing to do with competence or good governance for the people! Igbo enwe eze, means Mr. Eze belongs more to the will of the northern elites than his own people!
Why is Soludo eyeing presidency ?

Why can't he face governance in Anambra ? Why he is getting distracted ? Who is advising him ?

You are eyeing president when you have not even stay 1 year in office as a governor. You have not even completed your 1st tenure talkless of going to second tenure.

No be juju be that! Soludo is delusional.

Let Soludo continue keep eyeing his pipedream presidency. Let him continue to allow the likes of Arthur Eze Decieve him.

Instead of him to give Anambra good Governance. He continues to chase shadows.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Great2017: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aufbauh:

Nigerians haven't grown beyond any ethnicity.
You guys used it against Buhari in 2015 and 2019.
Now that Obi is contesting you're forming 'Pan Nigerianist'.... Odiegwu.

Same unpatriotic elements who have called Nigeria all manner of names from zoo to failed state are now disguising to take the mantle of leadership of same country.
I think you picked on the wrong person. I am a bini man from Edo. Buhari was a disaster waiting to happen. It was never patriotism that made you to choose Buhari. Ethnic politics was the selfish reason. I hope you are enjoying your choice.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by ajibike447: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
You mean Nigerians are against selfish leadersNa before this their tricks dey work but no be now!!!You mean Nigerians are against selfish leadersNa before this their tricks dey work but no be now!!!...
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Aufbauh(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Great2017:

I think you picked on the wrong person. I am a bini man from Edo. Buhari was a disaster waiting to happen. It was never patriotism that made you to choose Buhari. Ethnic politics was the selfish reason. I hope you are enjoying your choice.

It doesn't matter whether you're an Uhrobo man as we have sympathizers to some ethnic courses from different region.

Again I'm equally neither a Hausa Fulani nor Muslim. I supported him based on my personal perception and conviction.

How I'm enjoying it is solely my lot.
I'm reasonable enough to know that every choice one make comes with the burden of responsibility.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Naajjii: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
owobokiri:
The political revolution going on as we speak in igboland will NEVER be completed, until every single one of these foreign implanted political mercenaries parading around as Igbo leaders, is chased out of town and out of relevance. Igbo leaders must pursue Igbo interests no matter whose ox is gored!

They are of no use , this generation of confused elders nwill do anything to ingratiate themselves to their handlers at Abuja. I remember Rochas Okorocha openly preaching to the public at a rally in Imo State in 2014 to vote for Buhari, because according to him, Buhari will treat igbos better than Jonathan! That didn't happen and the fat thing has moved on like he never said anything! Meanwhile thousands have died from Owerri to Onitsha as a result..

There are many of them who run the collective politics of a group like personal fiefdom, simply because they were crowned at Abuja and injected into broader Igbo politics to instigate upheavals at every turn. The Ihediohas, the Nnamanis, the Orji Kalus, Emeka offors, the Andy Ubas and co.. , Arthur Eze just happen to be the big Evil face of the group. He has been playing this game for eons. His cup should be full years back.

For the east to make a rapid socioeconomic move forward, these fulani proxies need to be rendered politically impotent. Society must castrate them! Their ballooning egos must be punctured and they must be humbled. The former Eastern Nigeria can never rediscover her destiny if she does not find a very effective way of wrestling her politics away from the firm grip of these turncoats and renegades..
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Great2017: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aufbauh:

It doesn't matter whether you're an Uhrobo man as we have sympathizers to some ethnic courses from different region.

Again I'm equally neither a Hausa Fulani nor Muslim. I supported him based on my personal perception and conviction.

How I'm enjoying it is solely my lot.
I'm reasonable enough to know that every choice one make comes with the burden of responsibility.
May people be responsible for choices that will cause you excruciating pain since you are happy that your choice caused other people unnecessary deaths and untold hardship.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Ikpaitid: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
The house of the devil will be destroyed by the devil himself- BAT chapter 3,verse 2023 grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Aufbauh(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
Great2017:

May people be responsible for choices that will cause you excruciating pain since you are happy that your choice caused other people unnecessary deaths and untold hardship.

Pls take your frustration and bitterness elsewhere cos I'm not the cause.

I'd hope you'll go round to express this your burning soul to over 15m people that voted for Buhari.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Great2017: 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
Aufbauh:

Pls take your frustration and bitterness elsewhere cos I'm not the cause.

I'd hope you'll go round to express this your burning soul to over 15m people that voted for Buhari.
You are the one that is bitter and frustrated. Over 15m people may have voted for Buhari but this 15m are not inconsiderate like you who still gloat over the failure you helped to foist on Nigerians.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Aufbauh(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Great2017:

You are the one that is bitter and frustrated. Over 15m people may have voted for Buhari but this 15m are not inconsiderate like you who still gloat over the failure you helped to foist on Nigerians.

Interestingly everyone is entitled to his choice and decision.

It's however primitively unreasonable and uncivilized for someone to force his opinion or perception on another person.

The assessment of an administration or regime is subjective and a matter of perception. So don't deceive yourself to make generalization cos it's not everyone who's feeling your pain.

Where you see despair, I'd see hope, where you see failure I'd see success so Mr man rest cos we are different.

I'm unapologetic about my choice and it may interest you to know that I will still vote for Buhari if he is to present himself for same position.

This is why the APC will still retain power cos you guys in the opposition don't know how to play it.

Getting angry on an adult about the choice he has make and trying to rob it on him the consequences of his choice is counterproductive.
Psychologically the adult will prefer to die happily with the consequences of his choice than to cross over to the side of his mocker.
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Misterone: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
brightbright:
• Say there’s no going back on Labour Party presidential candidate
• ‘Negative views not representative of Anambra, Igbo people’
• Eze’s comments ‘unpleasant, bad omen’, says traditional ruler

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fQNN_JXYU

Despite opposition from some prominent politicians, Igbo yesterday said there is no going back in their support for Labour Party presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi.

They insisted it is the turn of Igbo to produce the country’s next leader after President Muhammadu Buhari, stressing that Obi remains the choice of the southeast region.

A businessman and prominent Anambra indigene, Prince Arthur Eze, had, on Monday, distanced himself from the presidential ambition of Obi. Eze said he was not part of Obi’s aspiration because he had seen that the former Anambra State governor could not win votes in the southwest and in the north.

The businessman made the comments in the presence of the state governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, traditional rulers, women groups, and other prominent people of the state, during the Ofala festival of his Ukpo community, in Anambra.

He said he had already warned Obi to withdraw from the presidential race but the candidate refused to listen. Responding to Eze, a prominent politician, Afam Ogene, declared there is no going back on Igbo position.

He said: “It’s part of the politics of interest and selfishness all over the land. The hawks and grabbers of our commonwealth will never want to let go. Did Pharaoh leave the Israelites just like that, no. So shall it be unto the likes of Authur Eze!”

Also, National President, Njiko Igbo Forum, Rev. Okechukwu Obioha, described Obi’s aspiration as divine, saying the LP candidate would become the next president, irrespective of “conspiracy from certain politicians”.

“It is a great blessing in disguise that God Almighty is exposing those that have connived with the establishment to hold us spell bound corruptly,” Obioha said in response to Eze.

Listing former governors, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani; ex-deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Governor Charles Soludo, Uche Ekwunife, and others opposed to Obi, Obioha maintained: “The Igbo don’t care about their position.”

According to him, “Peter Obi and Nigerians are coming up with a total cleanup of the mess by these hawks and sadists who rejoice in the midst of abject poverty and squalor of the citizenry.

“There will not be new wine (Peter Obi’s presidency) in old wine skin (these monumental nuclear corrupt oligarchs) or else the wine will sour. Their days of going into captivity are numbered. Already, with ominous signs of victory for the ‘Obi-dients’ on February 25, 2023, they are diabetic and will soon move into political oblivion.”

Executive Director, Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO), Ibuchukwu Ezike, said Arthur Eze, like any other Igbo – nay Nigerian citizen, is not wrong at all in expressing himself.

“As a bonafide citizen of Nigeria, he has the right to a choice of a political party or candidate.
However, I do not think that his preferred choice of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar is any threat to the Labour Party’s presidential flagbearer, Mr. Peter Obi and his running mate, Datti Ahmed. Not at all!

“What is the percentage of Arthur Eze’s support to Obi, as compared to those of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Afenifere, Nigerian youths, the PDP’s G5, or Nigerians in Nigeria and in diaspora?

“Arthur Eze is just one man with one PVC or even none. In 2015, he vividly supported Mr. Tony Nwoye of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against Obiano of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and lost woefully, same in 2019.

“This is not a military dictatorship where one man takes a decision and employs means of coercion to enforce it. This is a democracy where the popular will of the people (voters) decides. It may interest you to see that Mr. Arthur Eze will lose the 2023 presidential election in his Ukpo community and even in his ward.

“Obi will confidently win Anambra State and Igbo land in 2023 and, thereafter, will take over from President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29, 2023 as the next Executive President of Nigeria.

“How can one man be a threat to the popular will of the mass of the people? That era has passed. Recall that President Obasanjo lost elections in the entire southwest in 1999 but still won the presidency of Nigeria. Is Mr. Arthur Eze’s clout and popularity superior to that of the Yoruba nation? I do not think so.

“When Soludo survives his second tenure bid, then, we shall begin to talk about his presidential ambition. Some of us know that those who have immorally, unconscionably and greedily held Nigeria backwards will rise up against the people’s revolution. But whether their ranting will confront the tide and win the revolution is the question. We are watching.”

Eze had pointed out that Soludo is the person that is in line to become Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction in the future. According to him “I warned Peter Obi to withdraw from this race but he would not listen. I told him plainly that I am not part of his plans. I told him to drop his ambition and wait for next time.

“When he told me about his ambition, I asked him the states he thinks he could win in the west and in the north. He told me. But I was not convinced. I told him he could not win, so that he would not waste his time and money.”

Pointing at Soludo, Eze, said: “This is the person we are tipping to take over as Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction in the time to come. We have a presidential candidate (Atiku) that we are supporting now. After his tenure, he will hand over to Soludo as president.”

A traditional ruler from one of the communities in Anambra Central Senatorial District, who did not want his name mentioned, described Eze’s anti-Obi comment as unpleasant and a bad omen for the image of Igbo people.

He said: “This is why people say that Igbo people are not united or that Igbo people hate themselves. When prominent Nigerians from various tribes and religions are supporting Peter Obi and Labour Party, why should this man talk this way in public about Obi?

“Anyway, he is entitled to his personal opinion. His opinion does not reflect the sensibilities of Dinukofia people. It is not the opinion of Anambra and Igbo people.”

https://guardian.ng/news/igbo-rise-against-arthur-eze-others-over-opposition-to-peter-obi/

the guardian should not have used the word Igbo because it generalize everyone living in the SE. The word bigot would have been better
Re: Igbo Rise Against Arthur Eze, Others Over Opposition To Peter Obi by Kingsmeal: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
baretalk:

Soludo's conscience have spoken

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Biggest Mistake In This Election Is?? / Flash: Fashola Is Writing President Election Tribunal Judgement For Judges(pics) / Meet “Siddiq Abubakar”, The Owner Of The GCE Certificate Atiku Stole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.