Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,310 members, 7,887,925 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:32 PM

My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai (65567 Views)

Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos) / 10 Nights in Dubai / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by yaki84: 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Sweetvie:
grin grin grin
I go report u give my mama...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Asour: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Peterosky:
.Please be very careful when next you want to mention anyone so that you don't publicly display ignorance. But I will help you.Just simply google the phrase "fallacy of hasty generalization" maybe you will be more educated. Happy Sunday and thanks for mentioning.

I understand very well what hasty generalization means.

It is you who should find out what Inductive reasoning means.

There's no time enough in the would to measure all humans in a specific society — even 10%— before reaching reasonable conclusions.about the tendencies of such societies.

Of course inductive reasoning isn't always correct. But a 100% population studies are more impossible than good inductive studies are incorrect.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by TrumpDonald2: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Yes you can. I sincerely think restaurant business is dope in Russian. This is because of the extremely cold weather condition there. People would love to get hot coffee and hot meals to warm their body temperature. Also I think having clothes stores there is also dope, esp selling sweaters and thick clothes. Teaching English is okay too because they have high demands for English teachers. However, to start any business there, you need to travel, relate with a Russian, study the environment, know their laws, and country band items, know everything about them properly before carrying out your plans

Forget those Media propagandas, Russian is really more saner, beautiful, and friendlier than most European countries
Its contraband bro. I know contraband has been used so vulgar and regular that you think it's not correct.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by sync(f): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
You met only one Russian
Just ONE Russian and you are writing all these. You need to broaden your knowledge to be honest
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Peterosky(m): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Asour:

I understand very well what hasty generalization means.

It is you who should find out what Inductive reasoning means.

There's no time enough in the would to measure all humans in a specific society — even 10%— before reaching reasonable conclusions.about the tendencies of such societies.

Of course inductive reasoning isn't always correct. But a 100% population studies are more impossible than good inductive studies are incorrect.

.Oga,I don't know how to lecture you again oo.You can as well google inductive reasoning and you will be surprised that inductive reasoning leads you to committing fallacy of hasty generalization. So I don't know what you are trying to prove.Get your facts right before engaging in an argument next time. Thank you.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Obaaderemi2: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
sync:
You met only one Russian
Just ONE Russian and you are writing all these. You need to broaden your knowledge to be honest
He didn't meet any reason!!!! Can't you see that was a village boy writing rubbish? It's all lies. How anyone could believe such lies, I don't know.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by dangermouse(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Those countries you mentioned are great too.

Russia has a language barrier just as Germany. But I believe most Germans speaks English more than Russians. However, America and Australia are lovely countries but there are little or no gun violence at all in Russia just as it is rampant in the US.

Above all, the 5 countries u just mentioned there are super dope. Australia is an extremely dope country and I would love to visit that country someday
growing up in the 80's, i used to have family friends.(my dads friends who are medical doctors trained in Russia). Two married Russian ladies who came back to Nigeria with them and established there own hospitals. The wives are just as u described, friendly,loving and inquisitive. My house then was a toy house, toys that run on real engines and all thanks to them. The kids where fun to be with too. Though they are in isreal now. Russians are good people. Its only politics that tends to divide the world...
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Xylon: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rechargeam247:
Your story is incomplete.
Until hin talk sey him marry the girl born 7 children before e go complete abi?? No be Telemundo oo grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Bluntemperor: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rechargeam247:
Your story is incomplete.

This looks like a make up story but you failed to impress on why Russian Girls are the most beautiful or is because,she came cheaply or what?
Have you ever met an Ireland girls or even a Canadian lady before?
Your reason why they may not appeal to your sex is because you speak English and you see the Russians are all secretive because,they were only to speak Russian language till they are off age and English can come later,if they like!
Just try to loose interest you will be moved to war front,from where your life will just fade away, without any rescue! Even the Chinese ladies are more beautiful only that they watch their weight and sizes.
Above all, Nation's have their dos and don't,so try to understand the West,as Putin Russia no send anybody!
You see as he wanted to topple American Democracy, through internal Insurrection by Mr Trump,who couldn't pay taxes to his Country but was paying the Russians and even the Chinese $Millions,just because he has interest in Russia business! That is why in International Relation,it's about Interest that matters and friendship is secondary!
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MrAAA2: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
musicwriter:

When you people talk about "global village" or whatever, the problem is that you all don't understand that we are not living in a "global village" that we created. Rather we're living vicariously in a global village created for us by foreigners, so we merely exist in it like a ship that lost power at sea and at the mercy of the winds. We move to whatever direction they pull us. That's not how a society should exist if we're ever going to be successful and be respected as a race. We're not talking about a community of few thousand or even few millions of people. Rather we're talking about a race!! How can the destiny of a race depend on what has been given us by foreigners? That's insane!!

Of course, if our languages weren't destroyed in the first place, we would have a common language. The English language is actually the reason such a common native language isn't there anymore. But our ancestors spoke up to six native languages. Most of you don't even know that. We Africans are naturally multilingual people!!

An African is naturally equipped with the ability to speak up to ten or more languages as long as we encounter them. Why should we give up such power and instead follow a foreigner's dictate? In following what foreigners told us, that power has been destroyed because we've allowed ourselves to be railroaded into our present condition where we have no knowledge of ourselves.

Before our unfortunate encounter with Europeans, we communicated ourselves throughout the length of the African continent, in fact, up to Europe. We weren't waiting for Europeans to give us a common language. We already had that!!

Yoruba language was spoken all the way from Edo state up to the whole of West African coastal region, up to Ivory Coast in far West Africa. In fact, till today, if you can't speak French or English in Coastal West Africa, the next thing a native would ask you is: egbon Yoruba? (Do you speak Yoruba?) Go and research what I just said because it's still like that today!!

Hausa or and Fulani language is still today spoken in almost the whole of the down Sahara- a vast region consisting of the whole of northern West Africa into Central Africa.

Swahili was spoken was and is still spoken in most East African countries. Bantu group of languages was spoken all the way from Central Africa to Southern Africa. This is to mention a few that I can immediately remember. So, don't tell me a about a common language that we already had but which were destroyed in exchange for language of the slave master. Don't tell me that cause it's very annoying!

Christopher Columbus was in Guinea in West Africa in about 1484. How did he communicate with the natives?

Vasco da gama was in Africa up to South Africa. How did he communicate the natives?

Mungo Park was in the "Niger area" in about the 1770's. How did he communicate the natives?

When Europeans or anybody throw in questions like the ones you have; ask them how they were able to communicate with Africans hundreds of years ago. In fact, ask them how they are able to communicate themselves in Europe today, since there's no common language in Europe itself.

I happen to currently live in one of the countries in Europe who struggle with English.

They are adopted English language!
The early encounter of the British in Africa, South Asia and China resulted to pidgin English.
Hundreds of years ago you mentioned were difficult and interpreters were always used.
I am from the old Benin Kingdom, Yoruba was never spoken nor accepted in Benin. The so called Yoruba and diffused Yoruba spoken in western Edo State is a corruption and/or merger of a localised language and introduced language.
Not just Africans, everyone has the ability to learn up to 10 different languages at certain ages though differs based on lingual intelligence differences.
We can continue to go back and forth on this issue without an end. The Bavaria people of Germany had a different language they now refer to as tribes, it is also similar to the evolution of English, Dutch and Ukrainian languages.

Have you thought about the origin of Latin and its adoption particularly in scientific communities? It was born out of the need to communicate across language barriers, yet Latin was a language spoken by some people then. Slowly, this has been replaced by English language and many non-English speaking countries has accepted English language as a unifying language.

Imagine Albert Einstein (German) writing letters to Marie Curie (Polish-French) Richard Feynman in German, how easy would it be to communicate? Or when Albert interacted with the Indian poet Tagore, a Nobel prize winner then? Oh thanks to physicist Leo Szilard who is Hungarian but was able to help Albert Einstein write a letter to the American English president Roosevelt on the risk of the atomic bomb.

To answer how Europeans first communicated, it was difficult and by demonstration/signs, same way I had to open the window of the class room in 2011 to point to the reflection from the sky describing the bright light to be from 'sun', a name an SS1 class did not know, and I was to teach them Photosynthesis; and how I had to go outside the class to pluck a Neem plant leaf to show them that it is called a leaf. You can imagine how much time and pain I must have spent explaining the process of photosynthesis by uptake of CO2 and H2O in presence of (sun)light and chlorophyll.

I think our next reply should be in our local languages. Maybe communication and understanding would be more improved.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Sweetvie: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
yaki84:

I go report u give my mama...
Abeg o grin
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by musicwriter(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
MrAAA2:

I happen to currently live in one of the countries in Europe who struggle with English.

They are adopted English language!
The early encounter of the British in Africa, South Asia and China resulted to pidgin English.
Hundreds of years ago you mentioned were difficult and interpreters were always used.
I am from the old Benin Kingdom, Yoruba was never spoken nor accepted in Benin. The so called Yoruba and diffused Yoruba spoken in western Edo State is a corruption and/or merger of a localised language and introduced language.
Not just Africans, everyone has the ability to learn up to 10 different languages at certain ages though differs based on lingual intelligence differences.
We can continue to go back and forth on this issue without an end. The Bavaria people of Germany had a different language they now refer to as tribes, it is also similar to the evolution of English, Dutch and Ukrainian languages.

Have you thought about the origin of Latin and its adoption particularly in scientific communities? It was born out of the need to communicate across language barriers, yet Latin was a language spoken by some people then. Slowly, this has been replaced by English language and many non-English speaking countries has accepted English language as a unifying language.

Imagine Albert Einstein (German) writing letters to Marie Curie (Polish-French) Richard Feynman in German, how easy would it be to communicate? Or when Albert interacted with the Indian poet Tagore, a Nobel prize winner then? Oh thanks to physicist Leo Szilard who is Hungarian but was able to help Albert Einstein write a letter to the American English president Roosevelt on the risk of the atomic bomb.

To answer how Europeans first communicated, it was difficult and by demonstration/signs, same way I had to open the window of the class room in 2011 to point to the reflection from the sky describing the bright light to be from 'sun', a name an SS1 class did not know, and I was to teach them Photosynthesis; and how I had to go outside the class to pluck a Neem plant leaf to show them that it is called a leaf. You can imagine how much time and pain I must have spent explaining the process of photosynthesis by uptake of CO2 and H2O in presence of (sun)light and chlorophyll.

I think our next reply should be in our local languages. Maybe communication and understanding would be more improved.

Of course, Albert Einstein did communicate!! How he did that isn't a problem because cultures would always find a way to communicate themselves. When Albert Einstein needed to speak English in America, he, of course, learned it. So, you don't have to worry about how many languages are there in Nigeria or Africa because you don't have to speak all languages in Nigeria. But learning those you'll need would happen naturally if we can just get started!! That's why I asked you rhetorically how Europeans communicated Africans or how they communicate themselves today. It was actually a rhetorical question.

All the other issues you're dealing with, I myself was worried about them too once upon a time, then I did my research and have explained them in the article found in the link on my signature, the PDF version only.

The name for scientific terms don't exist today in our native languages simply because our languages are near death. Any living language would through neologism (ability of languages to create new words) constantly create new words to express new ideas. And every language has the ability to do that as long as it's used for writing and to acquire knowledge.

All languages are naturally equal, non is better than the other and all could be used to master any branch of study- sciences, arts, humanities. So, it's not that our native languages are inherently unable to be used to learn science or coin scientific terms but a dying or half-dead language cannot do that. Only a living language can do that.

And for our languages to be able to do that, it must be put to use. How do we put it to use? By learning it in school (all of us), speaking it and using it to write works of literature, with the ultimate goal to replace the languages given us by foreigners. That's how it would be developed for science education like Europeans themselves did once they freed themselves from Rome and Greece

Europeans (including England) actually had to ban Greek and Latin which was given them by their former slave masters (Rome and Greece). So, you're wrong about the language being phases out through unmanned process. Europeans proactively banned the use of Greek and Latin one after the other. England did that in 1362. That was when English became an official language in Britain. That was also the year English was spoken in the British Parliament for the first time.

If they can do that; why can't we do the same thing? Why do we have to insist on a slave language when we can use our own languages?
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
But Russia are most racist country in on earth.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by chukxie(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
ColddIce:

Can u pls tell me the correct words to use? I want to learn

nicest
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by TiglathPILESER: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
WhatCanIsay:
Softening stage of propaganda

Be ready to see more of this kind of posts in Nairaland within a 2 months time.

One will tell you how Putin called him lovingly and confessed his love for Nigeria and Nigerians.

Some people wey no de reason well go de buy the gist hook, line and sinker.

Lol una never see propaganda in action... welcome

i like thinkers like you jare...
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MrAAA2: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
musicwriter:

Of course, Albert Einstein did communicate!! How he did that isn't a problem because cultures would always find a way to communicate themselves. When Albert Einstein needed to speak English in America, he, of course, learned it. So, you don't have to worry about how many languages are there in Nigeria or Africa because you don't have to speak all languages in Nigeria. But learning those you'll need would happen naturally if we can just get started!! That's why I asked you rhetorically how Europeans communicated Africans or how they communicate themselves today. It was actually a rhetorical question.

All the other issues you're dealing with, I myself was worried about them too once upon a time, then I did my research and have explained them in the article found in the link on my signature, the PDF version only.

The name for scientific terms don't exist today in our native languages simply because our languages are near death. Any living language would through neologism (ability of languages to create new words) constantly create new words to express new ideas. And every language has the ability to do that as long as it's used for writing and to acquire knowledge.

All languages are naturally equal, non is better than the other and all could be used to master any branch of study- sciences, arts, humanities. So, it's not that our native languages are inherently unable to be used to learn science or coin scientific terms but a dying or half-dead language cannot do that. Only a living language can do that.

And for our languages to be able to do that, it must be put to use. How do we put it to use? By learning it in school (all of us), speaking it and using it to write works of literature, with the ultimate goal to replace the languages given us by foreigners. That's how it would be developed for science education like Europeans themselves did once they freed themselves from Rome and Greece

Europeans (including England) actually had to ban Greek and Latin which was given them by their former slave masters (Rome and Greece). So, you're wrong about the language being phases out through unmanned process. Europeans proactively banned the use of Greek and Latin one after the other. England did that in 1362. That was when English became an official language in Britain. That was also the year English was spoken in the British Parliament for the first time.

If they can do that; why can't we do the same thing? Why do we have to insist on a slave language when we can use our own languages?

Ómá iron even nu khare.

Sokpan, I ma kweyó.

Vbe ni ka tare, ke'ghe néé ya mu'akhué evbin rokpa khian fiworié.
Uwése vbe ótá.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by yaki84: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
Sweetvie:
Abeg o grin
See as u look like bread, i fit toast u?
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MessiahMARLIANS: 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
Great Story Here....

kiss

This Real Life Story can be sold on Amazon KDP to rake in thousands of dollars yearly.

No jokes.

Meanwhile,

We Kick Off By 11:11 PM.

All Enrolments and Entries of Interested Participants Closes By 9:00 PM Tonight.

Mid-Night Multi-Millionaires

https://www.nairaland.com/7515679/even-witches-villages-cannot-stop#119843439

Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MessiahMARLIANS: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
Great Story Here....

kiss

This Real Life Story can be sold on Amazon KDP to rake in thousands of dollars yearly.

No jokes.

Meanwhile,

We Kick Off By 11:11 PM Tonight.

All Enrolments and Entries of Interested Participants Closes By 9:00 PM Tonight.

Mid-Night Multi-Millionaires

https://www.nairaland.com/7515679/even-witches-villages-cannot-stop#119843439

Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by musicwriter(m): 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
MrAAA2:

Ómá iron even nu khare.

Sokpan, I ma kweyó.

Vbe ni ka tare, ke'ghe néé ya mu'akhué evbin rokpa khian fiworié.
Uwése vbe ótá.

Anyị na-akparịta onwe anyị ụka tupu anyị na ndị ọcha ezute. Anyị achọghị ndị mba ọzọ ka ha nye anyị otu asụsụ. Anyị enweelarị nke ahụ kemgbe oge ochie!! Ma e mebiri ya

Anyị agwawo onwe anyị okwu ugbu a ka ọ bụ na anyị ekwughị?
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MrAAA2: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
musicwriter:

Anyị na-akparịta onwe anyị ụka tupu anyị na ndị ọcha ezute. Anyị achọghị ndị mba ọzọ ka ha nye anyị otu asụsụ. Anyị enweelarị nke ahụ kemgbe oge ochie!! Ma e mebiri ya

I did not understand what you wrote
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by MrAAA2: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
musicwriter:

I want to let you know that our last response were useless to both of us despite the fact that there were messages in there.

This is one advantage of a common language.
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Munachimso30(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
ModCaller:
Hmmm. Where man go see Russian girl now?

A good man like me deserve love and better toto na

See Naija man lol
Re: My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai by Konquest: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
sslcrypt:
HHAHAHAHAH RUSSIA PROPAGANDA THREAD..
I find this thread amazing because none of you here have ever lived in Russian to be making such gibberish claims, I am married to a Latvian and he will never ever choose Russia as a place for our holidays. Because he won't be able to protect me fully as a lady when attacked. Attacks on blacks are very frequent but you will never hear about it because media in Russia are not allowed to propagate it.
Our mutual Nigerian friend was attacked in the surb of Moscow and the authorities clearly said they couldn't do nothing about it.
I live in Latvia with my husband and kids at least one months in a year, during the summer. And I get racial slurs by russian speaking Latvians and Russians that reside in the country. Off course citizens outside their country will be friendly to outsiders they never met, even I received a warm welcome when I visited Yemen and many middle eastern countries.

You rate a country friendliness by the laws they have in place to protect foreigners when they come to visit or reside. Because there will always be racist and people that are not welcoming but the law is there to remind them there will be no tolerance for any form of violence.
Insightful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians / Beautiful Places Around The World(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.