Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,825 members, 7,898,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:07 AM

Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes (5009 Views)

Peter Mbah Emerges Enugu PDP Guber Candidate / We Don’t Have Bandits In Enugu, PDP Guber Aspirants Reply Ekweremadu / Enugu PDP Congress: Nnamani Emerges Party Chairman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by OEPHIUS(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Enugu Development Partners, beneficiaries, others hail Gov. Ugwuanyi on active participation in projects implementation

…Declare support for PDP, its candidates in the state at the polls

…As PDP guber candidate promises to continue with programmes

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's administration’s support and active collaboration in the execution of Development Partner Assisted Projects in Enugu State have received commendation as leaders and members of the “Development Partners’ Family” operating in the state and their beneficiaries, trooped out en masse to the Government House, Enugu, to thank the governor for being behind the success story of their projects/programmes.

Also in the train to the Government House, Enugu, on a Thank- you/solidarity visit were the contractors/consultants, Community Interest Groups and Service Providers.

The Development Partners’ Family said that they are satisfied and impressed that Governor Ugwuanyi’s administration in keeping with its policy thrust leveraged and maximised the assistance of many Development Partners to make positive changes in the socio-economic development of Enugu State, especially in the rural areas.

They added that, besides leveraging the Development Partners' interventions, the remarkable achievements recorded were predicated on Governor Ugwuanyi's administration’s cardinal policy of institutionalisation of transparency, accountability, traceability and strict adherence to due process.

Speaking at the colourful and well-attended event, the Coordinating Officer of the Development Partners Project Implementation Units in Enugu State, Hon. Uche Fidelis Nnadi, said that Governor Ugwuanyi’s dedicated attention, aided by the establishment of the State Focal Office for Development Partner Assisted Projects/Programmes, has reduced to its barest minimum, the hitherto operational and financial impunities in the sector.

Commending Governor Ugwuanyi for his steadfastness and immeasurable support, Hon. Nnadi expressed optimism that the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, Dr. Peter Ndubuisi Mbah, who was present at the event, will take the governor’s efforts “a notch further towards the attainment of the desired objective by attracting and sustaining many more Development Partner Assisted Projects/Programmes, and effectively managing their operations transparently and accountably.”

Presenting their scorecards separately, the Project/Programme Heads endorsed and applauded the active participation of Governor Ugwuanyi’s administration towards the actualisation of their set objectives in Enugu State.

Enumerating the achievements of the Agro Processing Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS), the Acting Project Coordinator, Ihuoma Eze, revealed that Governor Ugwuanyi's administration’s partnership with APPEALS has increased productivity.

Eze revealed that 1,700 beneficiaries, comprising women, youths and people with disabilities (PWDs) have been able to start businesses in agriculture in five value chain (cashew, poultry, rice, aquaculture and cassava) focusing on production, processing and marketing.

The APPEALS Project Coordinator expressed gratitude to Governor Ugwuanyi that out of the 1,700 beneficiaries, 85 of them are people with disabilities, saying: “They are all here. We are currently constructing two additional cottage community centres. We have assembled agric inputs for high economic value for our farmers and this construction is at an advanced stage.

“Your Excellency, through you, we have been able to award contract for construction of farm access roads in nine locations of the state that will help famers to transport their produce to processing and marketing centres.

“These feats too numerous to mention, have the full support of Governor Ugwuanyi and that is why we are here to say a very big thank you. We are also thanking you for the counterpart funding which you made available for the projects. It did not only help us in our executions, it also helped us to stand with our peers.

“We pledge our unflinching and unalloyed support to this administration and the incoming administration. We are going to support the PDP come 2023 elections.”

Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries of the APPEALS programme, Precious Chinaza Obioma Ekpere, who is one of the persons with disabilities, thanked Governor Ugwuanyi in a special way for the empowerment, stressing that “what you have done for the community of persons with disabilities especially all the women and youths is unforgettable.”

On his part, the Project Head of Rural Access and Mobility Projects (RAMP2), Chinedu James Ugwu, represented by Celestine Akwuwa, stated that RAMP2 under Governor Ugwuanyi’s administration has constructed over 418 km of rural roads across the 17 local government areas of the state, asphalted about 49.108km of roads and built culverts and bridges across 23 river crossings in the state.

On water project, Engr. Charles Eze, Project Coordinator of National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP) highlighted Governor Ugwuanyi"s administration’s achievements in the sector, announcing that the state government effectively paid the counterpart funds for the AFD support to 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project which enabled smooth running of the project in the state.

He revealed that “the project is a 50m dollars project and only the first tranche of the sum of 3m Euro has been released.”

In their separate speeches, other Development Partners Project Heads, namely NEWMAP, SOCU, IFAD, CLVA, ENSPHCDA, etc, spoke in the same vein and highlighted the governor’s key achievements in their thematic areas.

On their part, the traditional rulers at the event said they are all witnesses to the state government-Development Partners’ jointed projects and programmes in their various communities, and thanked Governor Ugwuanyi for making them possible.

Also speaking at the event, the governorship candidate of the PDP in Enugu State, Barr. Mbah expressed excitement with the event describing it as an affirmation of Governor Ugwuanyi’s vision, mission and focused administration in the state.

Dr. Mbah added that it is also an affirmation of the continuity of the same business-friendly environment the governor’s administration has provided for the people of Enugu State.

The PDP guber candidate commended Governor Ugwuanyi for his outstanding stewardship and rewarding partnership with the World Bank and promised to continue with the programmes, if elected as governor.

"I understand what it takes to partner with the World Bank and Development Agencies because transparency is one critical issue that will be required. The partnership also requires synergy of all parties to keep their own part of the bargain," he said.

In his response, Governor Ugwuanyi appreciated members of the Development Partner Assisted Projects Family in Enugu State for the successes the projects and programmes have recorded in the state under his administration.

The governor expressed delight that Dr. Mbah, who he desires to take over the mantle of leadership of the state, has promised to continue with the World Bank projects/programmes if elected.

Governor Ugwuanyi, therefore, urged members of the Development Partners Family and the people of Enugu State to pray and vote for the PDP guber candidate, Dr. Mbah in the forthcoming election to enable the World Bank projects and programmes continue after his tenure as governor in 2023, in the overall interest of the state.

“I urge you people to vote for PDP and its candidates in Enugu State. If you go to your wards and polling units remember that where they drew the logo of umbrella is the PDP.”

The governor prayed for peaceful elections and successful transition in 2023, expressing confidence that the PDP will record a landslide victory at the polls in the state.

Other Project Heads at the event include Dr. Edward Ishiwu (IFAD), Dr. Cyprian Okoro (PFMU), Romanus Egba (ATASP-1), Ugochukwu Ugwunnadi (ACA), Ikechukwu J. Ogboke, Dr. Ogbonna Sam Onyeisi (ENADEP), Dr. Arthur Idoko (ENSACA) and Dr. George Ugwu (ENSPHCDA).

The Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi and the deputy governorship candidate of the PDP, Barr. Ifeanyi Ossai witnessed the event.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02noieTkTaLeMH59YKSQkPp76ti2bhicYtXSjUgyKj9vx7A1qb9uTpHnAvRaNHXgTQl&id=100044234839321&mibextid=Nif5oz

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Xscape1993(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Wishing you all the best sir. Bye bye to the founder of agberos in Nigeria and the evil party...
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Goodgodabbi: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Oh
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by kacheezy: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
Posts about Ugwuanyi are usually long, too many words , no action.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Business2023: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Timekeeper452: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
Why is this man’s post always sponsored to the front page?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
God forbid..

That igbo thief...Tueh

2 Likes

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Dyke15(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dat is where u ve planned to fail woefully even before the election Mr. Peter Mba.
Word on d street is that Enugu people don't like u coz;
1. Gburugburu brought u out and people from Enugu hate him so much dat we can't wait for him to carry his fat self out of lion building.
The IDIOT reversed every good thing Sullivan chime did nd took that beautiful state back to stone age.
2. U are a product of Ebeano family of which we haven't forgotten Chimaroke Nnamani ND his many atrocities which he committed with people like u coz we are aware that u were a former commissioner under him, Ekweremmadu ND even Sullivan Chime too all Served under him.
But the good thing is that Sullivan chime ve cleansed ND washed away himself of every atrocity ND wickedness committed by the Ebeano family by working marvelously in Enugu. All the roads in Enugu metropolis were done by him of which they are still standing till now.
Now the big question we are all asking u is this:
RE U READY TO WASH AWAY URSELF TOO ND CONTINUE FROM WHERE SULLIVAN CHIME STOPPED INSTEAD OF IFEANYI UGWUANYI.
SULLIVAN LEFT GOVERNMENT ND ENUGU INDIGENES RE STILL LONGING FOR HIM ND WISHING HE HAD STAYED FOREVER.
I wish u luck in ur race to LION BUILDING of which I know u ve won already coz Enugu ve no viable opposition to challenge PDP in that state and many of us wish u go back to SULLIVAN CHIME nd ask for his BLUEPRINT for Enugu so as to continue from where he stopped.
#CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE#

8 Likes

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Ibrahim9292: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
It's has been God

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Business2023: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by aikyg(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
God abegoo! Enugu people are tired of PDP. We need a different kind of leader this time. Frank Nweke of APGA is looking like a better choice for Ndi Enugu. We are voting APGA this time around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by JoeNL22(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
Really......
Well.....obi, you think these guy will work for his people?
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Jeremy123(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lmao

Enugu �
Please if you're interested in victor ola Canada job Masterclass

Well it's available at a cheaper rate
Hit me up

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by akpunda86: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dyke15:
Dat is where u ve planned to fail woefully even b4 d election Mr. Peter Mba.
Word on d street is that Enugu people don't like u coz;
1. Gburugburu brought u out ND people from Enugu hate him so much dat we can't wait for him to carry his fat self out of lion building.
D idiot reversed every good thing Sullivan chime did nd took that beautiful state back to stone age.
2. U re a product of Ebeano family of which we haven't forgotten Chimaroke Nnamani ND his many atrocities which he committed with people like u coz we re aware dat u were a former commissioner under him, Ekweremmadu ND even Sullivan Chime too all Serv under him.
But d good thing is that Sullivan chime ve cleansed ND washed away himself of every atrocity ND wickedness committed by the Ebeano family.
Now the big question we re all asking u is this:
RE U READY TO WASH AWAY URSELF TOO ND CONTINUE FROM WHERE SULLIVAN CHIME STOPPED INSTEAD OF IFEANYI UGWUANYI.
SULLIVAN LEFT GOVERNMENT ND ENUGU INDIGENES RE STILL LONGING FOR HIM ND WISHING HE WILL STAY FOREVER.
I wish u luck in ur race to LION BUILDING of which I know u ve won already coz Enugu ve no viable opposition to challenge PDP in dat stay ND many of us wish u go back to SULLIVAN CHIME nd ask for his BLUEPRINT for Enugu so as to continue from where he stopped.
#CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE#

Nice write up but u spoilt it by saying congratulations.Enugu state will be worse off than Abia State,Mbah of all people,Ebeano dynasty coming. Back in full force,thuggery and killing,funny the ticket was bought was not contested,Ugwuanyi sold it out.Funny thing is Sponsor is supporting APC,Frank Nweke best option for Ndi Enugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by bsalawu92: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
OBidients are taking over everything.
Ekeseges74: Now we have alternative, anytime Nairaland messes up

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Dyke15(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
akpunda86:

Nice write up but u spoilt it by saying congratulations.Enugu state will be worse off than Abia State,Mbah of all people,Ebeano dynasty coming. Back in full force,thuggery and killing,funny the ticket was bought was not contested,Ugwuanyi sold it out.Funny thing is Sponsor is supporting APC,Frank Nweke best option for Ndi Enugu
I wish he won't win too but I judge on fact ND not fiction.
Let me break it down;

APC- We all know they will come a distant 3rd in both presidential ND governorship election as far as Enugu ND SE is concerned.

FRANK NWEKE- He's still a product of Ebeano family too.

LP- Just the crisis rocking them alone in Enugu is enough reason not to rate them.
Who is even their governorship candidate?
Is it NGENE or EDEOGA?
So i ran my conclusion on the above write up.

As for me and many Enugu indigens, we no send LION BUILDING coz we re fully focused on being OBIDIENT on February nxt yr and we don't need distraction cool
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by KingOdart98: 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is best news i am seeing today
inception10183: Obidient built a forum of their own...woww!

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by shortIGBOman: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
IGBO people don suffer aswear. Imagine this PDP Gubernatorial candidate, promised to continue from where present incompetent Enugu Governor stopped.

The present Enugu Governor achieved nothing. His only achievements is the OLD Wheelbarrows, he shared to Enugu Youths, on HIRED PURCHASE. grin grin grin

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by anytexy: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
No water - SMH.

There was water when that madam took over, now he is leaving Enugu waterless . Bunch of disappointment
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Ofolete: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ok! He is going to sell more land in Enugu.
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by akpunda86: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
OEPHIUS:
Enugu Development Partners, beneficiaries, others hail Gov. Ugwuanyi on active participation in projects implementation

…Declare support for PDP, its candidates in the state at the polls

…As PDP guber candidate promises to continue with programmes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02noieTkTaLeMH59YKSQkPp76ti2bhicYtXSjUgyKj9vx7A1qb9uTpHnAvRaNHXgTQl&id=100044234839321&mibextid=Nif5oz

Ugwuanyi had no legacy and hence Mbah have no vision unless the number of beer palor joints and noise pollution and conversion of residential areas to drinking joints and land grabbing from people,to me the worst that will happen in Enugu State is Mbah be oming governor.
Enugu State is doomed under gburzgburu worst about to happen

1 Like

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by TriCee: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
Continue what exactly. Oga carry your own template come, nothing on ground to continue from.
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by Tunasco4u(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
Any person that comes out as pdp candidate in Enugu is the next Governor of Enugu state. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I have been living in this Enugu for more than a decade now all I know is that our area has a councilor but we don't know the person grin grin grin
politicians here are like appointees they won't do anything and you won't hear a thing lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed because they don't care still they will keep voting for them. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by toxict14: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
Edeoga is the incoming governor of Enugu state.
Know this and know peace.
LABOUR PARTY ALL THE WAY.
Re: Enugu: PDP Guber Candidate Promises To Continue Ugwuanyi's Programmes by ShoeWorld2(m): 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dyke15:

As for me and many Enugu indigens, we no send LION BUILDING coz we re fully focused on being OBIDIENT on February nxt yr and we don't need distraction cool
You guys better focus on who is going to enter LION BUILDING because the news coming from Enugu regarding insecurity is very pathetic and worrisome. How will neighbouring States like Benue and Kogi be attacking communities that shares border with them and the governor will be paying praise singers to change the story and even blame the victims instead of acting like someone who host 82 division and airforce base. It's very shameful that some people from eha amafu will be celebrating their Christmas in IDPS while Fulani herdsmen will be comfortably occupying their farmlands and even their homes embarassed
Even till date people of Uzo uwani is still having constant battle with herdsmen while the governor looks the other way. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hukumar Zabe Ta Najeriya Ta Tsayar Da Afrilu Domin Zaben 2011. Wannan Lokacin Ya / Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal / Video Of Abubakar Shekau’s Interrogation Before He Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.